Any advise for D&D monsters in GW?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Specifically advice on level conversions. I'm new to 4th ed and GW as well.  Has anyone worked out a rough D&D monster level conversion since GW characters have a level 10 limit but also seem to be a bit stronger then D&D characters of equal level? I would love to run a GW campaign using all sorts of great D&D monsters ("created by a Mad Wizard") but I don't want to over- or underwhelm the players.  If this has been covered and I missed it then just let me know otherwise any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Heres to players facing a Beholder Ultimate Tyrant! mwuahahaha
Thanks
What little experience I have with D&D-GW crossover games would suggest that the level in one is pretty similar to the level in the other. I'd keep D&D monster level pretty low to compensate, but I also tend to enjoy low-level games best so I like low-level monsters best as well.

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

I bought Monster Vault specifically to have a diversity of Gamma critters. Everything in it I can redescribe in a scifi trappings including nanobots animating bones. Now what I'd like to ask, are the humans in Monster Vault the closest thing to the old GW Pure Strain Human?
I did a series on this on my blog. I have one last entry in the series coming in a couple of weeks, but you can find the start of the series here:

www.rovingbandofmisfits.com/2011/12/conv...
Check out my blog over at Roving Band of Misfits, or follow me on Twitter
Sign In to post comments