So...?

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
Well... I shouldn't really use a thread for my personal purposes do I? Oh, whatever.

How are you all guys doing? I was some old conversations from, like, one or two years ago and considering how I never really said farewell, despite all the time you all kept me company in so many afternoons. Indigo, Erasmus, Pfisiar, Niche, phaseshifter, razorborne, KKEYSER, Mathias, Yushang,  and many many others really nice and competent players I had such a great time conversing with (I am sure I'm forgetting many, so I'll say I'm sorry in advance)... I've been missing you.

I had so little time to devote to MtG since then, and I've heard I've missen many funny things - among whom my beloved Stoneforger being a little stronger than I expected, and Jace+birds being bad mojo. I heard we had standard bannings, for Avacyn's sake! Also some are complaining about Innistrad. How's the game doing? What kinda of metagame has T2 today? And is "modern" as interesting as a format as it seems to be? What have I been missing?
I remember you! what's up?

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

You are japanese for peach. *eats*
[

I remember you! what's up?

Working as a chef, trying to end academic studies and political activism killed my MtG life. Still finding time for some less time-consuming games though. 

And you? Still being a furry animal with big eyes and a sharp tongue?  

PS:
Look at that lemur! It's an earthbender!

Another to add to your list ^.^

People like Modern, what with it's aggro-friendly banned list keeping most everything but Zoo under control, and that is surprisingly easy to build against with all the off-color countermagic available. 

Standard is healthy again, as much as a money-throwing contest can be.  All the bad rare nonbasics are now staples thanks to the most overplayed green card in history.  Strange that he hasn't been banned yet, he's totally just won the World Championships.
Aarrgh, he just hit me in the nards with a TV DINNER! -actual phone conversation
122343719 wrote:
I can't really understand people that just go along with the school, job, marrige, kids type goals in life because that is what they think is right. If people want those things they should want them because it makes them happy. I had an ex like that, she wanted those things because her family and her peers all wanted those things. Thinking for yourself is one of the greatest things you are capable of.
500th post- 3/15/11 1000th post- 4/7/12
Wow, some green guy just beat Tarmogoyf in terms of being overplayed? I'm astonished.
Working as a chef, trying to end academic studies and political activism killed my MtG life. Still finding time for some less time-consuming games though.

yeah I don't actually play anymore either, but it's fun to follow. I get in a game or two online every once in a while, but I certainly don't get involved on any serious level.

And you? Still being a furry animal with big eyes and a sharp tongue?

of course, I don't know how to do anything else.

Hey, Momo; nice to see you again.

Primeval Titan hasn't reached Tarmogoyf levels--he's not played at all in Eternal formats, last I checked. He is pretty omnipresent in Standard and a significant force in Modern, though.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Well... I shouldn't really use a thread for my personal purposes do I? Oh, whatever.

How are you all guys doing? I was some old conversations from, like, one or two years ago and considering how I never really said farewell, despite all the time you all kept me company in so many afternoons. Indigo, Erasmus, Pfisiar, Niche, phaseshifter, razorborne, KKEYSER, Mathias, Yushang,  and many many others really nice and competent players I had such a great time conversing with (I am sure I'm forgetting many, so I'll say I'm sorry in advance)... I've been missing you.

I had so little time to devote to MtG since then, and I've heard I've missen many funny things - among whom my beloved Stoneforger being a little stronger than I expected, and Jace+birds being bad mojo. I heard we had standard bannings, for Avacyn's sake! Also some are complaining about Innistrad. How's the game doing? What kinda of metagame has T2 today? And is "modern" as interesting as a format as it seems to be? What have I been missing?

Holy ****, man...  First time I've looked on here in -literally- years, and I see my name mentioned in a thread like this.  I do remember you dude, you were one of the good posters/players back in the day.  I still keep in touch with some of the guys from here like MrIndigo and Matthias.

<3 momo and <3 this place many fond memories of back when i was active on here don t play mtg much these days but about a year ago still good 2 years since d been loaded up the forbidden program found some t2 games several my opponents that did not recognise said they remembered me from such really cool is popular people keep coming for so long

I definitely remember you, but you wouldn't remember me even if I divulged my former username, so I shan't bother.
@zammm:

hello man! My question was more if Titan became as hated as poor 'goyf. It was already good when I left, but no one cursed it as the goyf. I appreciate it though - I always thought Green should have the best creatures, even if never liked Green like Blue or White.

@Erasmus: 

say hi to John and Indigo by me. I hope you'll do great in life. MtG would not have the same fashion if it wasn't such a social game and I really weren't comfortable with my local group, so you became my group for years. Those were good times. 

I remember how you entirely crashed every point I made in my first posts. We quarreled over Windreaver being good for like two days (you were correct). After that I started thinking that MtG's theory wasn't as obvious as it looked and stopped being a Vorthos to become a Spike, so to say. It's weird to say so, but that's a cherished memory of mine.

momomomo,

I definitely remember you, but you wouldn't remember me even if I divulged my former username, so I shan't bother.

You would not left me with curiosity, will you? And I remember most usernames if I saw them post more than once. Hmmm... given the ironic writing style I'd guess you are... miss bun?

Speaking of curiosity, could someone post a link? I'd like to see how the Worlds T8 looks like today.
I've seen your name before, but that's about it.
Greetings.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Hello Momo, nice to meet you.

Speaking of curiosity, could someone post a link? I'd like to see how the Worlds T8 looks like today. 

I believe this link the one that you want. Jun’ya Iyanaga ended up winning.

Xweetoks = ♥Happiness

You can't have Momo without Appa!

Holy ****, man...  First time I've looked on here in -literally- years, and I see my name mentioned in a thread like this.  I do remember you dude, you were one of the good posters/players back in the day.  I still keep in touch with some of the guys from here like MrIndigo and Matthias.

<3 momo="" and="" 3="" this="" place="" many="" fond="" memories="" of="" back="" when="" i="" was="" active="" on="" here="" don="" t="" play="" mtg="" much="" these="" days="" but="" about="" a="" year="" ago="" still="" good="" 2="" years="" since="" d="" been="" loaded="" up="" the="" forbidden="" program="" found="" some="" t2="" games="" several="" my="" opponents="" that="" did="" not="" recognise="" said="" they="" remembered="" me="" from="" such="" really="" cool="" is="" popular="" people="" keep="" coming="" for="" so="" long="" --3--="">

***** please, when were you going to tell me you came back.

Also, hey Momo. 
Howdy, mr Indigo.

Hmmm  it's just me or that sort of white weenie is quite dominant? I liked Hero of Bladehold but I recall seeing so many token hosers that I thought no one would have dared playing a token-centered strategy, yet I see some still do! It looks much better that I expected, but I must admit I missed Caw-Blade days, everyone says they weren't nice times.

How does modern look like? 

I’ve removed content from this thread because Masked Vulgarity is a violation of the Code of Conduct.  You can review the Code of Conduct here:  wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg...

Thanks, Have a good day everyone.

Lemur jokes aside, it's nice to see a familiar face. You are familiar, somehow.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Well, at least the trend of thread derail is still alive and well as ever. 

Any chance this returns on-topic? 
Hi momo, remember me? I know you don't, but I remember you! (On topic enough?)
I’ve removed content from this thread because Disruption is a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code of Conduct here:

www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, respectful, on-topic, and refrain from discussing moderation.
Hi momo, remember me? I know you don't, but I remember you! (On topic enough?)

Uhmm well yes, the topic was more like "what I have been missing these years?"

Things like, was Caw Blade really that broken? What is this sort-of White Weenie that seems so viable at Worlds? How are T2, vintage and the newborn "modern" doing and did they have some shaking changes? How did people here react to transformable cards, and Innistrad in general? How are the good old posters doing here? And such.

I realize that may be a little generic, though.
I don't play Standard much, but pros apparently liked Caw Blade because the mirror matches required so much skill. I think it's hard to argue that Stoneforge Mystic + Batterskull is fair though.

Modern started with a bang, and became more popular than the standard forum in the beginning, although that's not too surprising, given how it was a new format. It was filled with all kind of PonderPreordain UR combo decks, like Swathstorm, Hive Mind, Exarch Twin, Dragonstorm and probably something else too. A few other noteable decks were Infect + Blazing Shoal and fish variant of Zoo. Control decks weren't really represented all that much because of Cloudpost, which went Emrakul all over them.

Wotc went with the banhammer, removing Cloudpost from the game, together with Shoal because they didn't want 2-turn combos in Modern, and severely nerfed all the combo decks by forcing them to use Sleight of Hand etc. Green Sun's Zenith was also banned, hurting zoo, along with Melira and various other decks.

I haven't seen Yushang much. I think he made a mup called JaceBeleren that he posted on a little while, but not seen that one in a while either.

Yxoque wrote:

I don't think I've seen so many ORCs in one place before!  How did you guys do that?! Okay, don't actually answer that, and let's keep on topic.

Momo, your avatar looks formilure, so welcome back(ish)!  T2 is still the game for noobs with too much money, or people who like a rotating environment... Or can spend $200 a year to revamp a deck, but can't spend $600 once.  T1 is still more trying to not die more than trying to win.  Modern is a format that I wished that I played, but I don't play enough to play it.
Show
My Decks http://community.wizards.com/vennsvaults/go/forum/viewcategory/138835/Venns_Vaults My Bronation Station http://community.wizards.com/pony My 1000th post! On Thursday 03/13/2011! Yay St. Patric's day. How to play many other Casual Magic Formats http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29198663/?sdb=1&pg=last#521400213 Many of these were on the Magic Resources Site years ago. It was removed around the time 2HG became a sanctioned format. Purple Work Station http://community.wizards.com/purpleworkstation/go/forum/viewboard IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Yeah the ORCs butchered this thread lol.

Anyway, momo, you don't know me, so... greetings.
I don't even remember what I said that got cut, but it wasn't THAT bad, surely??
You said the name of a Black Eyed Peas song. Unacceptable.
How did people here react to transformable cards, and Innistrad in general?

how do you think people reacted? the community hasn't changed much.

People actually reacted pretty well to DFC.
Edit: Wizard doesn't like supporting its own polls. Let me see if I can fix this, worked in preview.

Okay, honestly, I don't care. Results:
43% I like it.
25% I don't like it.
01% I don't care.
29% I don't know yet.

Yxoque wrote:

well, yes, but what happened on the forums?

I don't know, two threads popped up saying they didn't like them or something?
Not close to the bloodbath of Mythics and Poison.
I feel like you try to make a joke or something, and I don't get it at all. Since that poll was from the forums. I held it.

Honestly really disappointed, I don't like the mechanic.

Yxoque wrote:

And mata is banned again, yay! What is this like the third time on just this account?
I don't know, two threads popped up saying they didn't like them or something?
Not close to the bloodbath of Mythics and Poison.
I feel like you try to make a joke or something, and I don't get it at all. Since that poll was from the forums. I held it.

Honestly really disappointed, I don't like the mechanic.

it was? I assumed it was from Latest Developments or something.

anyway, I remember way more than "two threads", but I'm far too lazy to find them, so maybe you're right.

I made it in FSS. Which means that the population is a bit more reasonable than Magic General, if that counts for anything.

I don't think their articles has an option that is "I don't care" :q

Yxoque wrote:

To me DFCs felt pretty gimmicky from the get-go, so I wasn't disappointed, per se. I was just never that excited about it in the first place, and I feel like that's how a lot of people felt. That's just my impression though.

The end was nigh again?

Honestly I wouldn't tell... transformable cards aren't like mythics or Goyf... I don't see much space to prophetize an apocalypse in these. 

The end was nigh again?

Honestly I wouldn't tell... transformable cards aren't like mythics or Goyf... I don't see much space to prophetize an apocalypse in these. 

If they don't even respect the back of the card anymore, NOTHING is sacred! They can do whatever they want! And with the evil MaRo ruling them you know they'll destroy the game with these useless gimmicks that break every rule that makes Magic the game we know and love!

Oh and they're dumbing it down as usual

THE END IS NIGH! 

Official Speaker of the Expanded Multiverse Project, Step into Dominia-Embrace the infinite Magic of the Planes. This -> is my favorite smiley, I will use it often and without reason. You have been warned.
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Trolljuju wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued his slow trudge up the snowy mountain. The wind was strong and fiercely cold, but he pressed against it. Juju knew Beast Engine was somewhere at the peak, waiting for him. But this was not a matter of confronting the forces of nature themselves; that had been accomplished long before, and was now too easy to maintain the manly man's interest. Today, Beast Engine was here waiting for a friend. Trolljuju's mind drifted from his appointment to thoughts of Beast Engine's manliness. The only man in history to punch the fossilized remains of a dinosaur back to life just to punch it to death again. The man who deflected bullets with his pectoral muscles during his daily assassination attempts. The man who cured cancer with a serum made from pure crystalized virility. The man who burst with vigor. Not just a man but a Man- the manliest of all men. A god of masculinity in physical form. Trolljuju's heart fluttered at the memory of him and lightened his steps as he pressed on. Suddenly, he was shaken from his reverie by a deep, powerful rumble in the mountain that shook him to his core. Instinctively, he threw himself to the ground just before the slope ahead of him exploded in a fiery wall of light and heat. So great was the force that the entire upper section of the mountain was vaproized. It scorched Juju's coat, then rose on the air to drift far away, a plume of white-hot ash. When Trolljuju lifted his head to see what was left behind, he beheld a wide, perfectly flat stone plateau, and in the distance he could see a muscular figure, his foot still held up from the kick. There was no doubt it was Beast Engine. As soon as the ground beneath him cooled, Juju cast his heavy pack aside and ran. As the figure grew with closeness, he could see Beast Engine was nude, as was expected. The snow that fell near him turned to a thin wall of steam, looking to Trolljuju's eyes like a barrier. Engine was too strong, too manly to occupy the same space as the ordinary universe. He lived in a world all his own. But fortunately for Juju, it was only an illusion. He ran at full speed into Engine, who caught him with both arms and effortlessly twirled with him, resting with Juju dipped low to the ground in Engine's arms. "Beast Engine, my love," Trolljuju breathed, sturck with awe at Engine's masculine beauty despite the familiarity of his face. Engine just smiled, radiating from every inch of him with incredible strength, yet gentle warmth. "It's been so long, Juju. I've missed you." "Forgive me. I lost contact with you while you were boxing with Death to win back and consume the soul of Theodore Roosevelt. But now I'm here..." Juju lifted one tentative hand to Engine's face, but he pulled away. "You know I cannot give you what you seek. Were we to make love, your body would be destroyed by the force." "I know, of course I would," Juju responded, tears in his eyes. "May I have, at least, one kiss?" "Very well. For you, my friend." Slowly, gingerly, they came closer. But the moment their lips met, a flood of unbridled manliness rushed into Trolljuju, body and soul, and every cell in his body exploded. Beast Engine fell to his knees, and in his grief, he wept. The tears that fell from his face burned deep into the rock beneath him. But slowly, his sorrow turned to conviction. He beat the crap out of Death once. He could do it again.
Well, powerful cards like Jitte or Goyf are intrinsecally upsetting to players, especially so when they denied the value of such cards at first. Game-design decision that are partially or entirely dictated by marketing (planeswalker cards, mythic rares) are also doomed to be controversial. But cards that break the rules... well every card is an exception to a rule as MaRo once said. 

Then again, when they did colorshifted cards in Planar Chaos the end was nigh as usual, and they had nothing wrong in balance or finance either, so I stand corrected. I guess you can go "the-end-is-nigh" over everything, really.

Uhm, another question, how were the post-Zendikar sets received in terms of power level? The New Mirrodin block seemed powerful enough to me, while Innistrad looks "mostly okay". What did people say? 
Welcome back, Momo.
Back when you were around I was rather quiet and I would only really rant if the topic of Browbeat came up, but I remember you.

Orzhova Witness

Restarting Quotes Block
58086748 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
Disregard women acquire chase rares.
There are a lot of dudes for whom this is not optional.
97820278 wrote:
144532521 wrote:
How;s a 2 drop 1/2, Flying broken? What am I missing?
You're missing it because *turns Storm Crows sideways* all your base are belong to Chuck Norris and every other overused meme ever.
Welcome back, Momo.
Back when you were around I was rather quiet and I would only really rant if the topic of Browbeat came up, but I remember you.

I remember you too, but you had a different avatar. Were you pro or con Browbeat (eheheh)?

Sign In to post comments