Some houserules we're running for a gloom pact hexblade. Are they too much?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
There's a gloom pact hexblade in the group (me), and I want to make sure that we're not overpowering it in our attempt to get it on everyone else's level.

It's supposed to essentially be a hybrid striker/controller, and so far has been doing well. The houserules are, in order from most minor to most major are as follows:

- Allowing Dual Imp. Spellcasting to work with a rod and a ki focus
- Allowing it to swap the level 7 immediate reaction for a real warlock encounter (Otherwind stride)
- Allowing it to swap the level 9 daily summon for a real warlock daily (Deathly Conduit)
- Swapping the pact boon for a pact boon from the 3rd party dark pact hexblade (close burst 5, weaken enemy until end of their next turn)
- Giving him the fey beast tamer theme (this one shouldn't be an issue, as he's informed me everyone is getting a new toy next game)

So, given all that, do you think this is excessive? For the record, the rest of the party is as follows:

- hybrid battlemind/fighter
- hybrid invoker/shaman
- pyromancer mage (acting as the primary striker)
- Runepriest

Bare in mind, they're all fairly optimized. Not min/maxed, but certainly no slouches in any regard. Anyway, feedback is appreciated!! 
They are all fairly reasonable.

You know you already get DIS with your hexblade+rod right?  You don't need to have a rod and a Ki focus.  The ki focus doesn't actually DO anything to the hexblade, since basically you already get the benefit of the ki focus in the property of the hex blade.

Other than that, you are golden.  ;)
They are all fairly reasonable.

You know you already get DIS with your hexblade+rod right?  You don't need to have a rod and a Ki focus.  The ki focus doesn't actually DO anything to the hexblade, since basically you already get the benefit of the ki focus in the property of the hex blade.

Other than that, you are golden.  ;)

Maybe, but I'm multiclassed Assassin, giving me Ki Focus proficiency, then I took the superior feat that grants me +1 reach on all my melee attacks, effectively giving me a reach 3, which is a lot of fun to play with. That, combined with all of the teleporty powers and Mirror Darkly (my favorite utility in the game now), it lets me play at a mid range, and I'm nearly impossible to lock down, which feels amazing in play.
Also, DIS dosen't work on Gloomblades cause you can't make flails an implement.