Request for Wizards forum manager and better communication- please post your support!

49 posts / 0 new
Last post
It's been the case since the release of D9 that the amount of communication between the community here and Wizards has been severely lacking, bordering on non-existent at times. We've been left in the dark with regards to just about everything, and hundreds of questions regularly go unanswered.

I think it's time that Wizards appoint a permanent manager for this part of the forum, who would be present on the forum regularly to do (at least) the following :

• Release patch notes and post them here

• Give information about future fixes and patches

• Answer frequent questions that are asked by the community

• Give information about future content (DLC)

As an alternative, or in addition to the above, there could be a monthly Q&A manager. They would collect all questions over the course of the month, take them back to Wizards/Stainless, and then provide answers. If an answer isn't given, a satisfactory explanation should be stated. As it is, I have questions which have been acknowledged by Wizards, or taken directly to them for example by Microbless, and then never simply never answered, nor any reason given for the lack of an answer. And these have been very simple questions.

If you agree with these proposals, please post your support! Just an "I agree", or "make it happen" is enough, but feel free to expand on your personal thoughts. Keep it polite and constructive, and let's hope that communication between us and Wizards could flourish.

Thanks to Crazy Toast for asking me to make this thread and for suggestions for its content.
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
I won't be buying any of these deck packs until we hear something from these guys. 

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Nah, Wizards is a small-minded company that will hardly achieve greatness. All of their conducts show they will never be one of the big boys out there. They are just too stuck within themselves, can never get in touch with the community. I got used to it somehow.
Agreed.

The lack of fixes for bugs that have been present since the start are bad enough, but the lack of communication is even worse.  If they aren't going to fix anything, they should just say.  The lack of support and communication has put me off becoming a Wizards customer again...if they hope to draw people into full Magic through Duels this isn't the way to do it.
Hey, Rob. Thanks for doing the thread!

We definitely need a forum manager who brings light to these forums. Microbless and WotC_Trevor are way too inconsistent and barely appear. We don't know if Wizards read all the threads and ideas given by the community but there must be some sort of communication between the customers and Wizards. I can't even remember the last time a Wizards employee posted here.

A forum manager doesn't have to be online all day but simple tasks like releasing patch notes, giving information about fixes (for example giving info about the Steam Deckpair Download problem which is now solved) and answering a few questions is definitely not too much to ask for.

To all other forum members here, please support this thread and make clear that the lack of communication by wizards is bad for both customers and developers.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

This thread has my support, absolutely, 100%......however I can't help but express my severe lack of confidence that this will do any good.  I'm not normally a negative person but I honestly can't stand this company.  I think Wizards has gone downhill in a huge way and I have trouble figuring out why.  At this point, in my mind at least, they're on the same level as Walmart and McDonalds.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
At this point, in my mind at least, they're on the same level as Walmart and McDonalds.

I beg to differ.  I've spoken to Wal-Mart and McD's employees before....

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

You can beg to differ all you want.  I stated an opinion, not a fact and it's even stated as such:  "At this point, in my mind at least...."  I can have any opinion of Wizards I please and I don't even need facts to back it up because.....it's my opinion.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
You can beg to differ all you want.  I stated an opinion, not a fact and it's even stated as such:  "At this point, in my mind at least...."

I think you missed the joke.

You're a lose cannon.

Not everyone is in a joking mood at the same time you are.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
+1

(isn't that the "agree" terminology on boards these days?) Smile

I'd like to get some sort of acknowledgement that they're working on the game-killing bugs.  Not the little stuff like it'd be nice if "you may" wasn't forced on you, at least that's predictable.  I mean the major stuff, like The Rack locking up Free For All games, or Lavaborn Muse doing more damage than it should.  At least someone tell us that the bugs are logged.  The "official" bug list is pathetic with a lot of "user reports..." vagueness that I'm sure no programmers there are taking seriously (not to mention the bug thread has some rules questions that are not bugged).  There seems to be a willingness in the community to help this stuff, but we don't know how to proceed if we don't know who's listening.

Also, I will point out that the game has not really added any features since launch.  Yes, we got some improvements over the 09 edition in the form of deck editing and such, but there are still a lot of frequently requested ideas - music options, random deck selection, and so on - and I guess we're only ever going to get plain and simple card packs.  I wouldn't mind some dialog about what's important to players to keep the game exciting.
I won't be buying any of these deck packs until we hear something from these guys. 

Same.
Make it so.
At this point, in my mind at least, they're on the same level as Walmart and McDonalds.

I beg to differ.  I've spoken to Wal-Mart and McD's employees before....

Haha...good one!
You can beg to differ all you want.  I stated an opinion, not a fact and it's even stated as such:  "At this point, in my mind at least...."  I can have any opinion of Wizards I please and I don't even need facts to back it up because.....it's my opinion.

"I beg to differ" - a polite way of saying that you disagree with something that someone has said.

Splattercat, they don't disagree.

It does seem odd that on WOTC forums there was no Communication.

Yet on the steam forums there was at least a reply from WOTC saying "Hey guys, the issue should be fixed. You may need to re-download the patch." from WOTC.
Although there should have been some form of communication that they knew there was a problem and are trying to get it resolved instead of saying nothing. Just seems funny Steam Forums at least got a reply of some kind. Yet nothing over here. unless I missed it.

It does seem odd that on WOTC forums there was no Communication.

Yet on the steam forums there was at least a reply from WOTC saying "Hey guys, the issue should be fixed. You may need to re-download the patch." from WOTC.
Although there should have been some form of communication that they knew there was a problem and are trying to get it resolved instead of saying nothing. Just seems funny Steam Forums at least got a reply of some kind. Yet nothing over here. unless I missed it.

That's pretty awful if that is the case. They should get whoever put up the message there to be the moderator here.
forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthrea...
Halfway down the page by Big Mike Robles WOTC

And I saw WOTC_Trevor on these forums yesterday but no response. Maybe were using the wrong forums eh?
Splattercat, they don't disagree.

Lance took "I beg to differ" as though he was being told "you're wrong". I was pointing out that "I beg to differ" isn't saying "You're wrong". It's a polite way of saying "my opinion is different from yours".

"I beg to differ" is not something he should have responded so strongly to is all.
I think it goes to show how much that the game was promoted, and still is (isn't the main Magic page still advertising this game?), that their sole focus has been on making sales, and sales only. If the communication does not involve money, then you will probably be lucky to receive it.

And I beg to differ that some of the little things like incorrect rulings and bugs associated with them should take a backseat. I constantly hear that this game is an introductory product, and shouldn't be taken as much more then that. If that's the case, then getting your own rules right is a necessity, no matter if it's Stainless or Wizards making errors, it looks bad on both.

So yes, I would like the idea.
As usual, I am here to support the cause!

Also, Eternal21.....Picard would be proud!
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
(edited) I fully support this! It would be nice to have better communication with the DEV's and is a win, win for all!
Yak Cast - MMO Podcast: http://yak.mmoSmackTalk.com Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/yakmmosmacktalk Follow me on Facebook: http://facebook.com/YakCast
I've removed content from this thread because calling someone a troll is baiting and is a violation of the Code of Conduct.  You can review the Code of Conduct here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, respectful, and on-topic, and refrain from calling people trolls.

Thanks!
Hey guys,

Please follow the Code of Conduct and stay on topic and polite in this thread. I understand people have frustrations, but that doesn't excuse causing disruptions.

Thanks,

Dragonette.
Hey guys,

Please follow the Code of Conduct and stay on topic and polite in this thread. I understand people have frustrations, but that doesn't excuse causing disruptions.

Thanks,

Dragonette.

Yet the irony of this reply is that thread is about how poorly the staff of Wizards communicates with the community and here you are posting a form reply that offers nothing in terms of content to this thread that ORC_Booker did not already fix.  I dare say that your reply is exactly the problem that this thread is trying to address so thank you for proving how poorly Wizards manages communications with this community.  Again, this post is entirely on topic and simply validates how important a community manager would be to this community.
Hey guys,

Thanks,

Dragonette.

Yet the irony of this reply is that thread is about how poorly the staff of Wizards communicates with the community and here you are posting a form reply that offers nothing in terms of content to this thread that ORC_Booker did not already fix.  I dare say that your reply is exactly the problem that this thread is trying to address so thank you for proving how poorly Wizards manages communications with this community.  Again, this post is entirely on topic and simply validates how important a community manager would be to this community.

Hi HieroGlyph,

My post was referring to additional content that was completely removed from the thread. My hope is that people stay on topic, which is your feelings about Wizards of the Coasts communication, and not get into disruptive behavior, which includes discussing/debating conduct actions that the moderators take.

Any posts that discuss moderation are going to be removed. The post that was removed discussed moderator actions. I'm hoping to avoid the need for further conduct actions in this thread.

Hope that clears things up,

Dragonette.

My apologies then as I have no way of seeing content that was removed.  Yet that does not change the fact that this community has been utterly abandoned by Wizards in regards to announcing anything concerning any of the hundreds of bugs that have been found and confirmed by this community.  Worse yet in the last private reponse from Microbless he blames Stainless for this lack of communication yet they have never been associated with doing anything regarding announcements or updates for DotP.  So the point of this thread is that we need someone to actually communicate with us or manage this community as Wizards seems incapable of this at least since 2012's release.
Throwin my hat in with this crowd....I can live with the game being the way it is, and I still enjoy it, but it's pretty low when any company leaves it's supporters out in the cold with any concerns they may have.
Can someone higher up please explain why a comment mocking Wizards for not communicating got removed in a thread about Wizards not communicating?

Because I'm pretty sure there's a word for that, and it rhymes with "irony."

Yep, it's irony.
I support the idea by a 1000% but lets be realistic, I'm sure we will see 20 more decks and 2 more expansions before any bugs get fixed or any sort of comunications attempts get started, then, BAM.

"Hi guys, we present you DotP 2013, NOW WITH EVEN MORE BUGFIXES, ONLY $29.99"
That would be believable if altered slightly:

"Hi guys!  We present you DotP 2013, possibly with bug fixes, but we'll leave it to you (Robvalue) to figure that out.  Only $29.99."

"Oh, and buy it soon, because we're going to game with fame with the Frag Dolls!"
You know - don't get me wrong, I'm 100% behind you guys on the need for better communication - but whoever they get as their spokesperson better get a raise for taking the job.

Disclaimer: The above statement is not related to any response in this thread. It's simply a general observation.
You know - don't get me wrong, I'm 100% behind you guys on the need for better communication - but whoever they get as their spokesperson better get a raise for taking the job.

Hahah that is so true.
I support this.
Thanks very much Dusty and to everyone who's posted support
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
Defo in support of this, it's disgraceful the poor level of communication that we the most dedicated of fans have been shown by Wizards. Yes the game was a big improvement in some ways over D09, but there are still many flaws that are being ignored.
Please Wizards show us, the fans of your game that you appreciate our loyalty by giving us a communication representative.
I agree!
I agree with and support this request!
Bumb.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

This thread shouldnt have to exist in the first place. But I sure do support its cause.
I am White/Black