Steam Deck Packs now working!

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wanted to share the game just updated and the decks are now there.
Peace
Happy to hear that the issues have been worked out for those of you who are on Steam. Enjoy your new decks! :D

Now if we could only get some sort of confirmation on the PS3 version then everyone will be happy, well, as happy as they can be without a major bug fix patch.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
And what would they want except access to the content that they paid for?  Yes, mistakes happen but not getting what you paid for is a valid complaint every single time.

And what would they want except access to the content that they paid for?  Yes, mistakes happen but not getting what you paid for is a valid complaint every single time.

You misunderstand my post. They did get what they paid for. If they paid for content that was never availible to them, that would be different. ZOMG, the world ended while people had to wait. People should know by now with online games and MMO's is it common for their to be issues, when new content or updates come out.
You misunderstand my post. They did get what they paid for. If they paid for content that was never availible to them, that would be different. ZOMG, the world ended while people had to wait. People should know by now with online games and MMO's is it common for their to be issues, when new content or updates come out. 

There is no misunderstanding.  The content was made available for sale.  The content was not provided.  Those customers have every right to complain since they had spent money on a product that was not provided to them.  There is no other way to interpret this situation, period.  Yes, the situation was resolved quickly but that does not invalidate the original issue in any way, shape or form. 

There is no misunderstanding.  The content was made available for sale.  The content was not provided.  Those customers have every right to complain since they had spent money on a product that was not provided to them.  There is no other way to interpret this situation, period.  Yes, the situation was resolved quickly but that does not invalidate the original issue in any way, shape or form. 

This is where you are wrong. The content was provided just not right away. They do have a right complain, for it being late. My point is that there is an adult way to give feedback. In this case it did not happen. In the end everyone should be happy that they got the content that they paid for. Howecer, complaining and going in circles won't make them fix anything any faster. Also, the lack of respect people have for the DEV's on these forums just kill me. Most people have no idea what it takes to put out a game and maintain it.
This is where you are wrong. The content was provided just not right away. They do have a right complain, for it being late. My point is that there is an adult way to give feedback. In this case it did not happen. In the end everyone should be happy that they got the content that they paid for. Howecer, complaining and going in circles won't make them fix anything any faster. Also, the lack of respect people have for the DEV's on these forums just kill me. Most people have no idea what it takes to put out a game and maintain it.

I'm sorry, where did it say on Steam that purchasing this content was a pre-sale?  Their money was taken and no content was provided.  This is known as fraud.  The fact that it was resolved so quickly is great but does not change the fact that a fraudulent act was committed as again the content was not listed as a pre-sale.  And let's not forget that the "adult way to give feedback" is a two-way street; where is Wizards' response to this or any other issue?

Lastly, respect is earned not demanded.  As of late Wizards has no claim for our respect and has a long road to travel in order to earn it again.

I'm sorry, where did it say on Steam that purchasing this content was a pre-sale?  Their money was taken and no content was provided.  This is known as fraud.  The fact that it was resolved so quickly is great but does not change the fact that a fraudulent act was committed as again the content was not listed as a pre-sale.  And let's not forget that the "adult way to give feedback" is a two-way street; where is Wizards' response to this or any other issue?

Lastly, respect is earned not demanded.  As of late Wizards has no claim for our respect and has a long road to travel in order to earn it again.

It says it all in the link below. Thank you and good day!

store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreem...

I’ve removed content from this thread because Baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code of Conduct here:

www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, respectful, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.

Also according to the subscriber agreement, they're at any time allowed to deem your steam wallet as abandoned which gives them the right to delete any amount that's in it. This is just one example. Would you not complain if Valve suddenly emptied your steam wallet under that? Would you happily accept it? That's that for the complaint part.

Heck, better said, a subscriber agreement cannot stand above the law. Such agreements are allowed, but can be disputed in which case the court will rule against the agreement. One particular thing is that a purchase agreement must be met. Valve sold the deck(s) for immediate use (provided the user has everything ready, of course. And also, there's a difference between content not yet being available (here it was simply not ready yet) and a genuine problem obviously) and so that's Valve's end of the purchase agreement which must be met according to law. So this is for the subscriber agreement argument

I'm neutral in this case, but just felt the need to say this.

As was stated by another poster the user agreement protects Valve to a degree but it superceeded by the court of law for the United States.  Fraud is not protected by said user agreement.  Similar user agreements such as including a clause that prohibit filing a class action lawsuit against said company, such as Sony, will also not hold up in the court of law if criminal acts were actually committed by Sony.

In the end this issue was resolved quickly but had it been delayed for days or weeks the customer would have been entirely justified requesting a full refund and then being able to file a lawsuit against Valve if they had refused said refund.  The user agreement does not protect the company providing the service against criminal acts, such as fraud, in any capacity.

So, again, the customer has every right to complain when the digital item that they purchased was not provided at the time that the transaction was processed as that is exactly what the service promised.
The fact that people are having this discussion amazes me.

Now I may not be anal about every little bug or misrules in the game and don't get frustrated over these, but when I buy a game and not able to access it, that's when you will probably see me in my most angry state. In fact, it is pretty normal to get frustred with both Wizards and Steam on this incident. It would be anormal to believe this is an acceptable behavior.

Sign In to post comments