RDW for my local FNM looking for some help.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I've never played red and I figured since I'm just getting back into magic and I wanna see how I am gonna fair at FNM, so why not kill two birds with one stone and construct a t2 red deck specifically RDW.

So this is what I'm looking at to construct for my list for FNM.

Lands:
21 Mountain

Creatures:
3 Chandra's Phoenix
2 Grim Lavamancer
4 Stormblood Berserker
4 Stromkirk Noble
4 Goblin Fireslinger
2 Hero of Oxid Ridge

Other Spells:
4 Incinerate
4 Shrine of Burning Rage
4 Arc trail
3 Geistflame
3 Brimstone Volley

Planeswalkers:
2 Koth of the Hammer

Sideboard:
3 Vulshok Refugee
3 Traitorous Blood
3 Manic Vandal
3 Volt Charge
2 Nihil Spellbomb

I'm open to any and all suggestions, constructive criticsms for my choices and all the fun stuff.
I would suggest swapping the 3 Geistflame for Shock. You get the same damage output Geistflame would give, but all at once for only instead of . Also, Shock gives you something more for your Lavamancer to exile, so you can get up to 6 points of damage from 2 Shocks and a Lavamancer as opposed to 4 from 2 Flashbacked Geistflames.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Are you pondering what I'm pondering? I think so! But what if the hippopotamus won't wear the metal boots? Now how do I get a small, looping video clip in here?
I thought about shock/galvanic blast and I figured, it's a choice between geistflame and gut shot as far as dealing with opposing 1 drops, I felt arc trail would deal with the 2+ damage niche nicely, but you do bring up a good point about the lavamancers. However, I'm not entirely relying on them as I'm only going to be running two.

But I will rethink replacing the geistflame/gut shot slot for shock/galvanic blast I suppose as you do bring up a valid point.

I'm also looking for some help with my sideboard for this deck too, if anyone has any input on it.