How does Beserkers Fury work?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know what the skill does and how its activated but how do you deactivate it? Is there a trigger of somekind or are you stuck in the fury till the end of the encounter?
I know what the skill does and how its activated but how do you deactivate it? Is there a trigger of somekind or are you stuck in the fury till the end of the encounter?

Once you drop into Fury, you're furied for the rest of the encounter.

"Not only are you wrong, but I even created an Excel spreadsheet to show you how wrong you are." --James Wyatt, May 2006

Dilige, et quod vis fac

Dam I guess thats what they mean when they say he can go into full striker mode. Seems like the zerk would make a good off tank because you can just get rid of your defender capabilites and just go to town while the main defender keeps marking.

Thanks for the info Cohen. 
That's pretty much the point.  You give up the alpha-striking, "drop a guy in round 1" you'd get from a full striker, in favor of better control over enemies in the beginning of combat when there are more of them and they're popping their ridiculous stuff.  Then once things are under control somewhat and one defender is plenty, you flip the striker switch with Storm of Blades or Curtain of Steel and go to town, while retaining your defender-style at will powers (with bonus damage added on top, of course).

On the downside, turn 1 is a pretty great time to be a striker.  But I still think it'll be a fun build to play, and even has some potential as a primary defender in a relatively tough party (it sounds like a couple of people are testing that currently, so we'll see how it goes).

It would be cool to have some way to end the fury though, even if it was difficult.  Maybe end the fury and re-up defender aura at end of turn after you pop an action point?  That would leave room to nova and then settle down, but having it 1/milestone or 1/day could reinforce that it's not really natural for the berserker to calm down... but the tone of only reverting at a short rest is neat, too.
The Zerk's job is to help enable the main strikers to get set up their 1st round novas, then bat clean up.

"Not only are you wrong, but I even created an Excel spreadsheet to show you how wrong you are." --James Wyatt, May 2006

Dilige, et quod vis fac

I have a small Question about triggering your fury. It says when you use a power with the primal Key word you go in to your fury, does this mean you have no control over it?? you use an atwill with a primal key word and your in fury mode? or do you get to chose?
I have a small Question about triggering your fury. It says when you use a power with the primal Key word you go in to your fury, does this mean you have no control over it?? you use an atwill with a primal key word and your in fury mode? or do you get to chose?

If you use any Barbarian attack power with the Primal keyword, you go into Fury (not just At-Wills). This is not a choice (after all, you chose to use a Primal attack power knowing it would send you into Fury). If you MC Warden and power swap or have a Theme with with a Primal attack power, those powers will not trigger.

If you want more control over it, take only the Barbarian Primal powers from Heroes of the Feywild, and go into Fury as a Minor action whenever you are bloodied, or , better yet, take a variety of Primal and Martial Encounter and Daily attack powers, and use the Martial ones when you want to stay a Defender and the Primal ones when you are ready to Fury.

Thank you and thats what I thought. I Want more control over when I fury and mixing up my powers is what I did. I just wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for clearing that up.
So it's attack powers? I was worried about some of the utility powers with the primal keyword.
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium