Heartifacts: or Heartless Brown Town (Sanity Check)

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
So rapping with a couple buddies, talking about brewing, and the question came up, what kind of stuff isn't so terrible with Heartless Summoning?

So I whipped up a quick list and started seeing something

Myr Superion
Galvanic Juggernaut
Perilous Myr
Solemn Simulacrum
Wurmcoil Engine

hmm, that's a lot of artifacts, what else do we have?

Bloodgift Demon (nice 4/3 Arena)
Elesh Norn

oh wait, doesn't she cancel out the -1/-1 effect?

and this is where the wheels began turning. If I could get out an Elesh Norn on Turn 5 or sooner, that does put a lot of decks behind the eight ball. With stuff like Solemn and  maybe Mox Opal, that clock gets turned much further down.

I know this has the potential to be an absolute s***ball, and I'm okay with that, but with all the removal available to you in this format... I might pursue something like this.

I'm not crazy right? there's something here...
scrubnextdoor blog
Notable Stuffs
Champion of Niv's 1st Block Constructed Tournament
1000 posts & !-year anniversary 2/17/10 BOOYAH

Siggables
Neruka's Boyfriend
Kor Firewalker is SO HOT. He is the fire in my pants. I want his firewalking babies.

Oops
75932913 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
I just realized how large a pain in the ass it's going to be to break down regionals like this
but look on the bright side, [b]Ding Dong jund is dead[b], it's not the boogyman anymore XD

Razorgore
61325265 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
Near Death Experience?
Gideon is not impressed by your triple white, incredibly difficult-to-manlipulate jank card.
Poor Niche
57860688 wrote:
MaRo keeps stabbing me in the face with cards like Phyrexian Rebirth. It's a black card.. with black art... in a white layer with white costs. Up yours, design team.
Cryptic Command can go munch on a bowl of my nuts
If it beats Wolf Run, then it definitely isn't a bad idea
Come find me on League of Legends, still under FruFruLOL IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGFrufrucopy.png)
Superion is bad, since you would want to be able to cast it without heartless, if needed.  Most mana dorks are 1 toughness.  And even if you ran Palladium Myr, you will only have 8 cards that you have to have played to be able to play a Superion.

Phyrexian Metamorph would probably be good though.
Runs Scarred Demon plus clones. Infinity demons.
Runs Scarred Demon plus clones. Infinity demons.

This. I would probably recommend Metamorphs in this build. Paying 1 and 2 life for a 5/5 Squadron Hawk isn't bad. Especially if you were able to fetch and cast a singleton Urabrask with the last one. Requires a good amount of mana, but it shouldn't be too tough with Simulacrums and Summonings.

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

"Myr Superion is useless without Heartless Summoning."- People who are terrible at magical cards.

Ink.  Moth.  Nexus.  It's not goddamned rocket surgery.

rocket surgery.

:3
I've been thinking about Heartless lately. Makes Perilous Myr a free shock, and I have a friend that built a casual Glissa the Traitor deck with it. It crushes Township tokens and RDW, but sucks against everything else.

I think the main colors for Heartless is a bit worn thin in the meta. Since your pretty much going to be running at least and and there is already a bunch of Blue decks in the format. Your pretty much going to wreak everything that's not blue though, which is pretty nice.
Its going to eat me!
Quotes and such
57044478 wrote:
57311168 wrote:
What happens if there's a tie for first?
Monkey knife fight
"Myr Superion is useless without Heartless Summoning."- People who are terrible at magical cards.

Ink.  Moth.  Nexus.  It's not goddamned rocket surgery.

Yup, because that's a reliable way to play it.  Oh, wait, it isn't.  It works well if you use it in addition to some mana dorks, but not by itself, just not smart.  Especially when that would be about the only value to the Nexus.  It is just, well, I won't call it terrible, but suffice it to say if it were rocket surgery, the end result would be the Russian Mars probe.
Yeah, Illusions and GW tokens pretty much destroy this entire deck idea.

Photobucket
That's why you use it in conjunction with Heartless Summoning.  You're bound to get Ubermyr into play one way or another.

I saw someone running Semblance Anvil in a Heartless Summoning deck yesterday. It does give you another Heartless summoning in your deck, but obviously has a big cost. It could be a way to make you have more reliability, since you could run effectively 6 copies of heartless summoning, yes, they are nowhere near as good, but it's better than having a hand full of fatties you can't cast.
Website for my radio series: http://www.cyrusbalesfilms.co.uk/id2.html For the facebook group of my radio series, search for "Who will save us now?" Please join! Follow my regular articles on: http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/
Grand Architect? Probably not good, but just sayin'.

My buddy took 2nd place at an FNM with his RB Heartless list.  Razorgore, it was in a field of Wolf Run, GW Tokens, and WW dudes.  He beat two Wolf Run decks (abusively), a White Humans deck, and lost to Bant Pod. 

His list is something like this:

4 Heartless Summoning
3 Semblance Anvil

4 Myr Superion
3 Moriok Replica
4 Solemn Simulacrum
3 Olivia Voldaren
2 Urabrask, the Hidden
3 Bloodgift Demon
2 Inferno Titan
1 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Sheoldred, Whispering One
1 Batterskull

1 Doom Blade
1 Tribute to Hunger
3 Brimstone Volley

4 Blackcleave Cliffs
4 Dragonskull Summit
2 Stensia Bloodhall
9 Swamp
5 Mountain

He may be doing a few less burn spells and more dudes, but that's the gist of the list.  As an 'archetype,' it's definitely still unrefined at this point, but it has tremendous, tremendous power.  Most matches he just blows out game one, and then half the people don't know how to side properly against him.

The Superions are just stupid.  He has seven engines to get them out, and plunking 'em down always draws winces. 

Urabrask makes things extra ugly.  Olivia makes things extra uglier.  With Slagstorm and more removal out of the board, I think he's positioned pretty well right now.

catowner wrote:
Welcome to 2012. Blue has the most efficient creatures, black has the all-in monocolored aggro deck, the most controlling deck in the format is green-red, control decks lose to aggro in attrition wars, and counterspells aren't an answer to fatties.
Islands wrote:
Pack Rat is like Bitterblossom and Tarmogoyf had a black baby.
Alan Comer has a build with which he came to Worlds. I'm pretty sure BDM did a deck tech on it, if you want to check it out.

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

Sign In to post comments