Best uses of skald's aura+at-wills on an MC or hybrid?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I had one idea for a pixie ranger|bard with hybrid talent for beast mastery for raptor companion, skald training for skald's aura, and archery master to pick up clever shot, and primarily use clever shot for control and to trigger the bonus from whichever skald bard at-will I choose to modify the aura with. Maybe with disruptive shot for my ranger encounter power with the bardic basic attack riders for the rest. So mostly play like an airborn controller|leader.

I'm just not sure which of the skald bard at-wills would be most universally useful...I'm thinking either the attack or damage boosting one depending on the specific party. Seems like it would be fun to play, if a bit simple and one dimensional.
Whatever you do, it's best on a basic attack spam class. Best to look at those.
...whatever
I'd go with the bonus to hit, cus no one likes missing, and it helps the implement classes as well.
Then if your bored with it retrain it later.

Could you do the martial retraining on a rest trick? Would that be useful? AFBs

Edit: remember that the bard wills say 'each time you hit an enemy with a basic attack' thus rapid shot, PoS: divine bolts would generate a few boni
Whatever you do, it's best on a basic attack spam class. Best to look at those.

Well I was trying to push the dimensions on that. Half-Elf Knight/Slayer/Executioner/Thief/Hunter/Bladesinger/Possibly Hexblade/Vampire/Seeker can do it with the skald MC and dilettante, and can even get a second at-will with Half-Elf Polymath. Are there any ways to somehow grant an ally an attack using your own basic attack? So you can do your BA and grant the aura bonus, and have the ally make a free attack?
You could use Eldritch Strike while your allies have that paragon feat that let's them make opportunity attacks at enemies who get slid past them
...whatever
You could use Eldritch Strike while your allies have that paragon feat that let's them make opportunity attacks at enemies who get slid past them

It's the other way around actually, they need to be the ones force moved next to the enemy for Agile Opportunist. But for a Tiefling Skald or Skald-wannabe with tail slide and an adjacent ally, they can MBA the enemy and grant a buff, then shift as a move action and slide their ally granting a free attack. I just wish there was a way for the character to grant it directly rather than be dependant on your allies taking specific feats.
Rapid Shot for burst ranged basics? 
Keith Richmond Living Forgotten Realms Epic Writing Director

Rapid shot is awesome for that if enemies are grouped nicely. I would love some way to get rapid shot, clever shot, AND 2 bard at-wills for the skald aura...I suppose a half-elf  hunter with the half-elf polymath PP could pull that off, or a revenant (half-elf) for the dex bonus. It would work nicely since hunters have a feature to not provoke with ranged attacks so they don't mind close range.

Rapid shot is awesome for that if enemies are grouped nicely. I would love some way to get rapid shot, clever shot, AND 2 bard at-wills for the skald aura...I suppose a half-elf  hunter with the half-elf polymath PP could pull that off, or a revenant (half-elf) for the dex bonus. It would work nicely since hunters have a feature to not provoke with ranged attacks so they don't mind close range.

I'd really love it if they released a Hybrid Ranger (Hunter) build similar to the way they did Assasins. Hardly anyone ever uses the one power that's not Rapid Shot or Clever Shot (I can't even recall it's name) as there are plenty of other ways to get around cover and concealment.
Real quick, I'm making hybrid ranger/bard, rangers get a **** tone of basic ranged attacks by the way and just to clarify do the bonues I grant from my skald aura stack?
I've a friend who currenly plays a Half-elf Ranger|Seeker/MC Skald. Dilettante for the aura-mod makes Basic Attacks grant allies +2 defenses. He spams the hunter RBA that inflicts -2 to hit in an AoE using Rapid Shot, then buffs everyone's defense by +2. For extra hilarity, try using a Githyanki Silver Drow Long Knife and trigger Psychic Lock.
Sign In to post comments