spidersilk bag?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was reading through the adventure and when the summer fey give you a treasure after interaction, it is the Spider silk bag, but no such item is listed in "heroes of the feywild" book.  Is it listed in another book or can we get the information on it please?

Thanks 
Maybe it's in the same place as the "Skewer" attack for the Verbeeg Dilemma fight in session 8.  What ever that ability is, it's not listed under Basal's stat block.

Page 43, third paragraph last sentence.  

It's an encounters adventure, which means it's free, so won't get to worked up over the lack of QA/QC.  Will probably omit the Skewer ability for the fight, it's going to be tough enough anyway.  The bag I will turn into a Bag of Holding or random Feywild treasure.     

Gotta roll with the punch's as a DM.
Hi there.
Steve Winter referred me to the forum to drop by and contribute on occasion. I did the initial design for this season, and my friend Chris Sims did the second. 

Regarding the spidersilk bag, it seems as though the item was removed from Heroes of the Feywild somewhere along the way, though whether for space, balance, or compatibility I'm not certain.

Someone with more authority than I will have to make a final call on how to replace the item in the adventure, however I'll post the initial item for your reference.  It was a "mundane" magic item from Heroes of the Feywild, something less powerful than a "real" magic item, intended more for fun or creative use than to grant mechanical advantages or, you know, "break the game." 

Spidersilk Sack

This small sack is made from the silk woven by a rare spider fairy. The silk is so resilient and strong that it can hold any element within it with no discomfort to its bearer. Water does not dampen nor leak from the sack, and fiery objects placed within the sack continue to burn without warming the bag or consuming their fuel. Heavy rocks placed in the sack are next to weightless, and a strong gust of wind can be captured within the sack only to bound away with equal strength when released. The sack can only hold one small item or element.

thank you for the response
Maybe it's in the same place as the "Skewer" attack for the Verbeeg Dilemma fight in session 8.  What ever that ability is, it's not listed under Basal's stat block.

Unless it gets cleared up before then, I'm just going to assume "Skewer" is an at-will close burst 20 attack. Maybe +15 vs. Will. 4d10+10 damage and knocks the target prone and weakens. 

That should be fun.

Unless it gets cleared up before then, I'm just going to assume "Skewer" is an at-will close burst 20 attack. Maybe +15 vs. Will. 4d10+10 damage and knocks the target prone and weakens. 

That should be fun.

here is the original attack Level 9 skirmisher

Skewering Strike (weapon) Encounter

Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +12 vs. Reflex

Hit: 2d12 + 8 damage, and the rowdy slides the target 5 squares to a square within 2 squares of the rowdy.

Here is the attack scaled for the encounter.

Skewering Strike (weapon) Encounter

Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +7 vs. Reflex

Hit: 2d12 + 6 damage, and the rowdy slides the target 5 squares to a square within 2 squares of the Basal.

Sign In to post comments