4E and Shadow Weave classes now

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been somewhat out of touch but I was wondering now that the SW is gone, what do you do with Shadow Weave feats, magic items, and more important the prestige class Shadow Adept??  Was there anything about this in the new sourcebooks?
the prcs are gone... the feats are useless.

change them out for something else.

there might have been some stuff in the heroes options: shadow 

shadow magic items will function as normal IF they are perm items like a +1 longsword.

but like the items of the weave, all stalves, rods, wands and other temp items are powerless.       
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
I've been somewhat out of touch but I was wondering now that the SW is gone, what do you do with Shadow Weave feats, magic items, and more important the prestige class Shadow Adept??  Was there anything about this in the new sourcebooks?

3e materials are not compatible with 4e materials, so simply put, 'they're gone'.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
The Shadow Weave is no more. It was destroyed along with the Weave when Cyric and Shar murdered Mystra. As SF Dragon says, only the generic items of shadow would have survived.

That said, you can go through the various books like AV 1 and AV 2 and make certain enchantments Shadow only. It would also be a great way to anchor the items to the Realms.
Check out Heroes of Shadow, as noted. There are a number of Shadow-specific classes and races (including the Shade), which you can use to retain shadow magic in your game.

I see no reason for Shadow Magic not to have experienced the same revision that regular magic did when the Weave unraveled: it became inaccessible for a time, but over the years wizards and other individuals again figured out how to channel it. No goddess required as a middle-man--but if you want to rebuild a Shadow Weave like construction in your game, with Shar having ultimate power over users of that Weave, then go for it.

CHeers
No goddess required as a middle-man--but if you want to rebuild a Shadow Weave like construction in your game, with Shar having ultimate power over users of that Weave, then go for it.

As an aside: this gives me an idea that might make a good campaign arc for a Realms DM who likes what’s presented in Heroes of Shadow and wants to run an evil campaign, where Shar, having lost dominion over the Shadow Weave, seeks to reclaim it, with the PCs as her champions.

If she gives one or more PCs visions of how they can use a couple of Netherese Mythallars in an Epic Ritual to remake the Shadow Weave, then the DM could use this as the core of an internecine conflict amongst the Shadovar.
ah but you see the shadow weave was part of the weave.

if the sahdow weave was to be reconstructed, would it not in turn reconstruct the weave as well?
this act would restore mystra?        
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
Good question. I'll start another thread so as not to derail this one.
Sign In to post comments