Zombies. That is all.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Okay I need a few opinions on this, planning on buying cards (I'm missing a few of them at the moment, mainly the dual lands and Jace)  I'd like to keep this Standard.  Just a personal preference, but yea.

I'm no real sage when it comes to all of this, but I think your chances of trying to get 3 outta 4 Woodland Cemetery out to get Overrun on the table is slim to nil.
I have to Agree with Tirnowl about Overrun. If your building Zombies with primarily Innistrad cards, your looking at Blue and Black (and mostly black).

This deck looks like it's trying to do two different things. (1) Make a lot of Zombies (2) Mill your opponent.

If I were you I'd take out the milling for more zombie goodness, or cut some zombie cards for a stronger milling plan. Decide which way you want to play, and I'll try to chime in with some ideas for whichever path you'd like to persue.

- Cheers, - Dan R. (lv1 magic judge, Advanced organizer) http://butlerwpn.blogspot.com, my rather basic event blog.

I have to Agree with Tirnowl about Overrun. If your building Zombies with primarily Innistrad cards, your looking at Blue and Black (and mostly black).

This deck looks like it's trying to do two different things. (1) Make a lot of Zombies (2) Mill your opponent.

If I were you I'd take out the milling for more zombie goodness, or cut some zombie cards for a stronger milling plan. Decide which way you want to play, and I'll try to chime in with some ideas for whichever path you'd like to persue.

Okay, I took the overrun out, and went with rooftop storm, and traded woodland cemetery for darkslick shores, took out 1 swamp for another jace and swapped the moan of the unhalloweds for jace's erasure.  I hope this tells you what I'm after.  I want to mill my oponent out more than get zombies.
Not standard but a great milling zombie: Lich Lord of Unx.

Milling helps most of my decks since a graveyard is just another resource. Make sure you deny your opponents this benefit by adding Nihil Spellbomb or not standard options such as Relic of Progenitus and/or Bojuka Bog.

Call to the Grave is great removal in any zombie deck. 

Again not standard but I simply have to mention this card because it rocks in any zombie deck: Unholy Grotto
Kamikazegerbil wrote: Coke Spill Level 1 Encounter Attack Power Trigger: You must be pouring yourself a drink Range: Close Blast 1D10 from Player Target: All creatures and objects within blast Attack: Any vs. Reflex Hit: 1d6 Fizzy damage and target is wet (save ends) Aftereffect: Target is sticky (save ends)

Okay, I took the overrun out, and went with rooftop storm, and traded woodland cemetery for darkslick shores, took out 1 swamp for another jace and swapped the moan of the unhalloweds for jace's erasure.  I hope this tells you what I'm after.  I want to mill my oponent out more than get zombies.

Is this an actual multiplayer deck or a simple 1v1 duel deck? Something like Jace's Erasure would be terrible in a multiplayer mill deck since it only targets one player. You'd need something like Jace's Archivist instead.
My guide to Black multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18893722?sdb=1&post_num=1#322195706 My guide to Red multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28999213/?sdb=1&post_num=1#517562879 My guide to White multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29011349/?sdb=1&pg=last#517773211 My guide to Green multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29034323/Tichs_Guide_to_Green_Multiplayer_Cards_and_Strategies
If you really want to mill someone (note the singular) try Archive Trap. Pack 4 of those and go to town.
Assuming that 1) you're keeping this list Standard, and 2) you're keeping the mill in...

1. Targetted mill does not work in multiplayer. For this reason, I would be dropping Dream Twist and Jace's Erasure. They are both good at taking out a single person, but when they're done, there'll be another four or so staring at you and asking you to bring it. If you really, really have to run targetted mill, at least run Cellar Door (which at least has more synergy in this deck).

2. For this reason, you need more blanket milling. Mindcrank is probably the card I would be running here to achieve this.

3. You are aiming to fill people's graveyards and you're running black cards and zombies. If ever there was a situation you could be taking advantage of, this is it. At the very least, Gruesome Encore would be using milled creatures against people. But you could be going the whole hog. Cemetery Reaper isn't here, and should be. Geth, Lord of the Vault would be a busy man. And Grimoire of the Dead would freak people out.

4. I am really, really tempted to tell you to build around a non-Zombie card here - Chancellor of the Spires fits what you are trying to achieve with this deck far too well. Provided you aren't going to head down the Call to the Grave route, and you have a little reanimation, the Chancellor could easily control the game for you.

~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
The idea of what I really want to do here, I do like the idea of using Call to Grave.  Depending on it's price I might.  However, I what I was going for was a zombie deck that focused on milling.  The reason I think it does work well in a multiplayer game is because even if the mill strategy isn't working, you can just sacrifce the alchemist to grimgrin, and voila, you can deal regular damage again.  And yes, I know i Have a few targetting mill spells, but I want it to work in 1v1 AND multiplayer.

EDIT: Also, if you didn't notice It's an Undead Alchemist mill deck, so no, Grimiore of the dead and things like WON'T work. 
I know i Have a few targetting mill spells, but I want it to work in 1v1 AND multiplayer.

This doesn't usually work in theory or practice. Cards that are good in MP, usually aren't good in duels and visa versa.

Budget EDH:EDH on $20 a Deck. Join the Group

Also, if you didn't notice It's an Undead Alchemist mill deck, so no, Grimiore of the dead and things like WON'T work. 

Only if the Alchemist stays out. Which is a decent-sized "if", given that it's a creature.
If you really want to make this your win-con, you need to have ways of recurring the Alchemist, IMHO. Creature-based threats don't usually last too long on my table.

~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)

Also, if you didn't notice It's an Undead Alchemist mill deck, so no, Grimiore of the dead and things like WON'T work. 

What does that have to do with anything? Grimoire turns everything into a Zombie and revives all those creatures that you're milling. It's like the ultimate card to add to this kind of deck. It's supposed to work, they basically designed these card to work perfectly together. I have no idea why you're trying to suggest otherwise.

However, I what I was going for was a zombie deck that focused on milling.  The reason I think it does work well in a multiplayer game is because even if the mill strategy isn't working, you can just sacrifce the alchemist to grimgrin, and voila, you can deal regular damage again.  And yes, I know i Have a few targetting mill spells, but I want it to work in 1v1 AND multiplayer.

That's the most backwards logic that I've ever heard. If your main plan is failing miserably then you can start destroying your board position to get in for some regular damage? That's what makes this deck strong? Grimgrin is a fine card, but only if you have Reassembling Skeleton around to make him useful. Otherwise you're just nuking your own army to make a creature that is probably just plain going to be worse than Mortivore 99.99% of the time. They're both big, dumb creatures that love seeing libraries milled, except one regenerates and one forces you to sac a creature every turn.

Finally, building a multiplayer + duel deck just doesn't work. Your deck will fare poorly in either format because you're basically trying to cram a square peg into a triangle hole at this point.

My guide to Black multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18893722?sdb=1&post_num=1#322195706 My guide to Red multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28999213/?sdb=1&post_num=1#517562879 My guide to White multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29011349/?sdb=1&pg=last#517773211 My guide to Green multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29034323/Tichs_Guide_to_Green_Multiplayer_Cards_and_Strategies