[CRL] Attacking monsters: target choice

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi.
I have this question.
On a monstar card it is stated that the monster attacks the closest hero. But if there are two or more heros equally distant from that monster, which rule do you normally use???
Probably the answer is: the monster owner will choose the target , but I don0t like that rule.
Some of you have other options?

I follow this houserule: if there are two or more heroes equally distant, the monster will attack the hero with less HP. In case of tie, heroes roll the dice...the monster will attack the hero that rolls the lower value.

Your opinions?

Thanks.
You could perhaps count tiles and see if it makes a difference when deciding which hero is the closest one. 
Hi.
I have this question.
On a monstar card it is stated that the monster attacks the closest hero. But if there are two or more heros equally distant from that monster, which rule do you normally use???
Probably the answer is: the monster owner will choose the target , but I don0t like that rule.
Some of you have other options?

I follow this houserule: if there are two or more heroes equally distant, the monster will attack the hero with less HP. In case of tie, heroes roll the dice...the monster will attack the hero that rolls the lower value.

Your opinions?

Thanks.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, and while the 2 heroes are dueling it out have the monster attack someone else.
You could perhaps count tiles and see if it makes a difference when deciding which hero is the closest one. 

The main fact is that I don't want to decide according to the convenience. I want to follow a different rule, for example "if I were the monster which hero I would attack?". With this idea, in case of equal distance, monster will attack the hero with less HP and, in case of a tie...let the destiny makes the choice (roll the dice).

XXMXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XHXhX

In the above example, where M is the monster and H and h are the 2 herose equally distant from the monster, which rule will you apply if the monster have to attack the closest hero?

Ciao.
I would move the monster two squares "south". 

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXMXX
XHXhX

Then probably decide, from the monster's left (Hero: h), which to attack. Either just attack that one, or roll a dice for each hero and see which rolls the lowest, and proceed by attacking that one. But I'm open to suggestions. 

A monster is a bad guy and a coward: it attacks the hero it is most likely to hit (lowest AC) 

A monster is a bad guy and a coward: it attacks the hero it is most likely to hit (lowest AC) 

Nice suggestion Bunnysnatcher! Also AC should be taken into accont in the creation of this "houserule".
I will follow this way -  In case of equal distance monster will attack the heroes with:
- lowest HP, only if there is at least one closest hero with 1/3 HP level (round up) --> full HP 9 --> 1/3 = 3, full HP 7 --> 1/3 = 3
- in case of tie (or if noone has HP level so low), the closest hero with lowest AC
- in case of tie, destiny decision. All closest heroes roll the dice. Lowest result determine the monster target.

Yes...I like this rule.
Sign In to post comments