had my bag stolen, need budget deck plz help :(

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey,

i recently had my bag stolen with my standard deck in it from GP milan (thanks again for stealing it....)

So if anyone could give me some decent ideas for a budget deck i can try and get that might be a little competetive (becaust unfortantly i am very competative lol)

i still have a selection of SoM block cards and a small selection of INN stuff to work with, but if anyone could give any possible ideas that i could use would be fantastic

cheers
Lame! bag stealers are jerks...

As far as budget lists go, Mono Black infect is likely the cheapest, but you'd need to find a replacement for liliana of the veil

60cards.com/decklists/mono-black-infect/

if you're good you can build the deck for about $100-120 US with the 2 liliana's it's a shade over 200

The real thing that will help point you in a direction is do you have any:
-Scars Dual Lands
-Swords
-Planeswalkers 
scrubnextdoor blog
Notable Stuffs
Champion of Niv's 1st Block Constructed Tournament
1000 posts & !-year anniversary 2/17/10 BOOYAH

Siggables
Neruka's Boyfriend
Kor Firewalker is SO HOT. He is the fire in my pants. I want his firewalking babies.

Oops
75932913 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
I just realized how large a pain in the ass it's going to be to break down regionals like this
but look on the bright side, [b]Ding Dong jund is dead[b], it's not the boogyman anymore XD

Razorgore
61325265 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
Near Death Experience?
Gideon is not impressed by your triple white, incredibly difficult-to-manlipulate jank card.
Poor Niche
57860688 wrote:
MaRo keeps stabbing me in the face with cards like Phyrexian Rebirth. It's a black card.. with black art... in a white layer with white costs. Up yours, design team.
Cryptic Command can go munch on a bowl of my nuts
Counterburn with delver of secrets
pretty easy to put together with just commons and uncommons
Could always run a goblin deck!  Nobody will expect it and it'll cost like...$20 Money Mouth

Perhaps something like this:

As far as budget lists go, Mono Black infect is likely the cheapest, but you'd need to find a replacement for liliana of the veil

60cards.com/decklists/mono-black-infect/

if you're good you can build the deck for about $100-120 US with the 2 liliana's it's a shade over 200

Liliana iisnt critical to MBI. She hits an overpopulated spot on the curve and dosent add a whole lot to the deck (her +1 is useless  in MBI and for her -2 youre better off running Tribute to Hunger). The most expensive card in the deck will be the 4x Inkmoth Nexus. Even then its still pretty cheap to put together.
these new U/w Illusions aggro decks seem good and are pretty cheap... with the exception of snapcasters and the fact that you run duals.  everything else is a common or uncommon.  good deck if you like fish decks.

being on a "budget" is a vague term, what is your budget?

(i've had my legacy deck stolen and an extended deck, so i feel your pain)

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

I'm currently running a UR Invisible Stalker deck that has a total of 4 rares (all Sulfur Falls).  Granted, most of that's using M12 and Innistrad, so you might not have a lot of it on hand.  It looks something like this:

The sideboard is still being worked out.  You can probably substitute anything for the Berserkers.  The Vapor Snags are in there because my meta has a lot of creature decks running around.  Same for Flashfreeze and R/G decks.

I'm pretty sure you can get all of this for under $40ish.  You can probably cut out the Sulfur Falls and add 3 Islands and 3 Mountains (cutting the 4th Negate and an Incinerate too) to save $25 or so.  I ran a 22 land count version in a tourney and constantly got mana flooded.

I will say I haven't had a chance to run this version outside of testing yet, but a version that was a lot worse went 50/50 in games, and every game was close.  The old version didn't have the Devlers (Goblin Arsonists instead), one less Sulfur Falls, two less Ponders, and only the Flashfreezes in the side.  This version should be a heck of lot better, as it has actually been tuned and tweaked.

@Freyjann

I like that Goblin list.  I'd probably cut the singleton Incinerate for a 20th land.  I'd also like to see some Gut Shots in there.
For Mono-Black Infect 4 is the Over-Populated Spot On the Curve:

3:

Phyrexian Crusader

VS 4:

Lashwrithe
Bonehoard
Phyrexian Vatmother
Hand of the Praetors

Now do you see how 4 is THE OVERPOPULATED SPOT on the curve.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

3:

Phyrexian Crusader

VS 4:

Lashwrithe
Bonehoard
Phyrexian Vatmother
Hand of the Praetors

considering that only 2 of those cards you listed are run (maindeck), what are you talking about?

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

3:

Phyrexian Crusader

VS 4:

Lashwrithe
Bonehoard
Phyrexian Vatmother
Hand of the Praetors

Most of those 4-drops you mentioned don;t make MD consideration (as was already mentioned) and you've left out at least one 3-drop that is CRUCIAL to the deck. Where's your Whispering Specter?

You'd never, ever waste time with any other 3-drop when Spectre or Crusader are in hand unless you're holding mana up for a tribute to hunger.

Hell, you'd probably rather hardcast Postmortem Lunge on a 2drop (as lacklustre as they are) or Virulent Wound plus Contagion Clasp when you have 3 mana up than you would do most things.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
Sign In to post comments