Does anybody run games where you keep track of ammo?

87 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just curious if anyone runs games where the players are require to keep track of ammo.  I personally like stuff like that, but I can see a lot of people considering it to be a drag.
I've run campaigns in which players keep track of arrows, food consumption, water intake, strict eye toward encumberance -- highly detailed and simulation-oriented. And I've run campaigns just the opposite.

Both are fun, but  in each case it was a matter of discussing with players what they wanted to do. Those that were in my simulation campaign wanted to participate in the immersive effects that this detail can deliver.

Some players, however, find this level of detail tedious. I wouldn't run such a campaign for them. 
I keep track of encumbrance, food & water, ammo, torches, etc. 

I have a laptop during the games, makes it far easier
Welcome to ZomboniLand - My D&D Blog http://zomboniland.blogspot.com/
Yes. I also try to keep track of other 'boring' stuff like upkeep costs (monthly expenses for food, lodging, etc.)...

Veteran of The Transfer... Add 700 to my post count... 

That's awesome.  I want to run a campaign like that someday.  Right now, I'm just learning the ropes of 4E (DM'd 1E for about six years), so it will probably be summer before I run a group.
I'm guessing this has to be done with the full cooperation of the players?  In other words, the DM isn't doing everything for them.
We always keep track of our stuff such as ammo, food etc... It actually adds a lot to the game when you are in situations where you are down to your last few arrows, or the food and water supply is almost gone.

 I never bother keeping track of those things unless it becomes important to do so - i.e., the players are in a situation where they actually matter and there's no chance to resupply.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

 

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

 

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

 

There are reasons they call me Mad...

No ammo tracking or foodstuff unless something has gone terribly wrong... at which point we dont really track just engage in skill challenges... no anal accountants here.
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

 

I love to keep track of arrows, rations, whether the Cleric memorizes Create Water, etc.  Unfortunately, for every extra thing there is to track the game gets further bogged down from fun adventure time.  I find that 4E has enough intrinsic things to track already without bothering with such consumables.  When playing RPGs that have fewer intrinsic things to track, I'm all about counting daggers.
Right now I'm not tracking. It's essentially infinite, but mostly because the group just finished a long game where we did track minutiae. In my next campaign I'll be handwaving some (infinite supplies in the home town) but tracking when they venture elsewhere, to places where supplies might be lower. 
Whatever works for your group. 

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

My Dark Sun campaign is based on this. My players don't use ranged weapons right now, except for shuriken and Javalins so its easier for them to recover the weapons. If they used arrows or pellets I would have them lose ammo, arrows break.

As far as food and water, survival days make it fun, at least so far. Rations combine with Water to form them so they are having fun hunting for food and water. 

The players keep track in their inventory. 
Ant Farm
In a game like Shadowrun, I like that level of detail very much.  In a game like D&D, though, I don't care for it.  As a DM, I make people track ammo until they get magical weapons.  Magical bows and crossbows provide standard ammunition as part of the enchantment.  And thrown weapons, of course, return to the thrower's hand.

I guess it might make things more interesting in low heroic, but, honestly, by the time you're in high heroic and paragon, you're earning so much gold that tracking the few copper and silver for a meal is just not worth the effort.  It's like Warren Buffet worrying about whether he can afford a double cheeseburger instead of a single.
In a game like Shadowrun, I like that level of detail very much.  In a game like D&D, though, I don't care for it.  As a DM, I make people track ammo until they get magical weapons.  Magical bows and crossbows provide standard ammunition as part of the enchantment.  And thrown weapons, of course, return to the thrower's hand.

I guess it might make things more interesting in low heroic, but, honestly, by the time you're in high heroic and paragon, you're earning so much gold that tracking the few copper and silver for a meal is just not worth the effort.  It's like Warren Buffet worrying about whether he can afford a double cheeseburger instead of a single.



Warren Buffet still lives in the first house he ever bought which was like $44,000 I believe.
I don't.  We generally don't sweat encumbrance in general unless your PC is doing something where it might be an issue, like ... I dunno, bringing along his lucky cinderblock collection or something.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
I don't like tracking ammo, but I wouldn't mind it so long as the DM was cool with the occasional "Oh [Debutantes avert your eyes], I forgot to buy ammo before we left town eight hours ago" followed by me retoractively buying ammo (On the assumption that my character is competent and would in fact think to restock that thing that stops him from dying when he had the opportunity even if I forgot due to me not needing to remember to buy ammo to not die at any point in my life ever).

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I've run campaigns in both styles. The key I think is to keep it consistent and make sure that people are in on it, not just the DM. The DM doing inventory management for all of the players is just a ridiculous workload. I love the extra immersion but sometimes the extra work isn't worth it, like in a heavily narrative driven campaign where the heroes just want to be heroes rather than be Joe Sixpack having to refill his quiver in town.
Darksun - Always, everything is tracked down to the last stick or rock picked up.
Everything else - Rarely if ever

I'm not sure why but it's always fun in Darksun and usually a drag everywhere else.
I'd say at the very absolute least, you need to keep track of 'special' ammo suck as uncommon ammo or things like signal ammuniton.
I honestly have never payed much attention to how much mundane ammo I have left, and I think even I did, I'd probably have enough.
We always keep track of adventure influancing expendables - chiefly ammo, rations, spell/ritual components, & $ over about 50gpv. 
In Heroic tier, yeah. By the time you've hit Paragon tier, though, you probably have wondrous items or enough cash on hand to eliminate the need to track such things.

Edit: Not running a 4e game, but if I was, this is how I'd do it.
4e D&D is not a "Tabletop MMO." It is not Massively Multiplayer, and is usually not played Online. Come up with better descriptions of your complaints, cuz this one means jack ****.
Only in situations where it's relevant. None of my current 4e campaigns are such, though.

Also if I'd do it, it'd be simplified a bit, I don't want to track individual food items and single arrows and crap like that. Either you have ammunition, or you don't. I don't want everyone to play their characters all out, and have the Ranger sit back and say "oh, you guys have fun while I'm here carefully conserving my last three arrows."

So I'd come up with something. (Which might be as simple as "don't be a Ranger or something else that focusses on arrows" or something like "Have a quiver with magic arrows, and everyone can worry about food instead") 
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
Update 5th Sep 2011: Added a sample kingdom, as well as sample of play.
I've done both.

If survival is a major element of the campaign, then certainly.

If Rule of Cool is in effect, then never.

Most campaigns lie somewhere in between.

Money is an interesting thing.  Outside of Bronze Age campaigns (where money might not even exist) or survival campaigns, I typically handwave gold costs for mundane things like food and shelter.  In 4e, money is really used as a measurement of how much magical crap you have or can get.  Charging for mundane and/or flavorful things can interfere with expected magic item totals.  So I tend to give PCs in all but the most austere campaigns a sort of "wealth power".  Some characters are poor, some are rich, and some are in-between.  I have 5 levels.  They can buy mundane things at their wealth level or lower indefinitely.  They can buy mundane things one level above their wealth for one character level, but then their wealth level lowers by one.  They can raise their wealth level by one by doing the opposite, by buying things below their wealth level.  All of this is subject to DM fiat, of course.  If a PC of moderate wealth just decides he's going to buy everyone in town a moderate meal every day, I'll count that as an expensive purchase.

It is highly abstract, but it works.  A moderately wealthy PC is attending a Prince's Ball.  He spends above his wealth level to buy Fancy Clothes in order to fit in.  He could stay in his adventuring gear, but he might suffer penalties to social situations.  Unless he compensated for this by continually buying things below his wealth level (like staying in the barn instead of the rooms at the inn), his wealth level drops by one for the next character level.  He's used up his savings, blown all his cash, and now can't afford the things he usually buys.

Also, every couple of levels (like 2-3), a PCs wealth level goes up automatically.  Unless the PC is always overspending, they'll be at Wealth Level 5 by the end of Paragon Tier, and there's practically no way a level 30 character can be anything other than fabulously wealthy.
Essentials zigged, when I wanted to continue zagging. Roll dice, not cars.
Sounds pretty cool. Reminds me a bit of the D20 modern system for wealth, or the Mutants and Masterminds one. Much easier, and gets the point across just as well.
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
Update 5th Sep 2011: Added a sample kingdom, as well as sample of play.
Isn't there a table in MME that basically deals with 'trivial expenditures' sort of like what Foxface was saying  but without variance among players? I forgot to bring it to work tonight for some ideas I'm fiddling with between rounds.
Nobody really keep track of ammunitions are they ?.

Quick thoughts

An Archer Ranger fires in a 6 Round combat an average of 15 Arrows. A Seeker or Hunter may shoot up to 20+ Arrows. A Thief may sling 6-7 bullets and so on. 

In busy days with 3-4 encounters means they expand 30-80 ammuntions

This is approx. 200-500 ammunitions per week.  

Laughing

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

We never track ammo or food, and rarely encumbrance, only when it's obvious someone is carrying way too much. We tracked those in our Dark Sun game, and it was a contributing factor in why we stopped playing after only a few sessions.
From a realist perspective, an archer of the PCs caliber should be skilled enough to recover, repair, and remake his lost arrows during a short or extended rest.

When I DM, I tell players they have infinite ammo. It's a matter of balance. Thrown weapons do not need to be replaced or fixed. Melee weapon users don't need to buy whetstones to keep their blades sharp. Casters don't run out of spell components. Why should bow and crossbow users be disadvantaged?
We always keep track of our stuff such as ammo, food etc... It actually adds a lot to the game when you are in situations where you are down to your last few arrows, or the food and water supply is almost gone.



This is how I like to run my game, always testing the PC's in every way possible. But you've got to know your group. Some groups hate that kind of stuff and there's no point in forcing it on them. Keeping the players interested is the most important part of being a DM.

If you're starting a new campaign, try giving them a quick survey to see how they want to run the game. Then give it to them again after a couple of levels because people often change their mind once they figure the game out.
Unless it's a feature of the setting, I generally prefer not to bother.  It's not of interest to me.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
If it is dramatically appropriate I will pay attention to those kinds of things in my game (i.e. the PCs are besieged in a tower - keep track of your supplies and ammo). If not then I don't waste time and energy on it.
In general, I don't keep track of this stuff in my games.  Our group usually doesn't.  However, I'm about to change that.  I'm running the next campaign for my group.  I'm running the "Undead Outbreak" campaign arc from Open Grave.  Which means the overall tone of the game will be survival horror.  So initially, the group won't have to worry about things like tracking ammo or food supplies, as things will be plentiful.  Then, to drive home how horrible things have gotten, they will have to keep track to survive when the outbreak happens and things start to crumble.  It's a choice based on the campaign to get a certain feel. 
As a general rule, tracking mundane ammo doesn't make sense. Not later than level 5, an Archer Ranger can afford to buy and carry sufficient non-magical ammunition to last a full campaign from level 1 through level 30.

There is only one source of encumbrance that is likely to put people over the weight limit, and that is treasure. Without magical assistance, a party of five characters is unlikely to be able to carry enough gold to buy a high-Paragon magic weapon. Best ignored under ordinary circumstances.

Special circumstances can occur, of course.

And magic supplies are a different subject entirely. 
"The world does not work the way you have been taught it does. We are not real as such; we exist within The Story. Unfortunately for you, you have inherited a condition from your mother known as Primary Protagonist Syndrome, which means The Story is interested in you. It will find you, and if you are not ready for the narrative strands it will throw at you..." - from Footloose
Nobody really keep track of ammunitions are they ?.

Quick thoughts

An Archer Ranger fires in a 6 Round combat an average of 15 Arrows. A Seeker or Hunter may shoot up to 20+ Arrows. A Thief may sling 6-7 bullets and so on. 

In busy days with 3-4 encounters means they expand 30-80 ammuntions

This is approx. 200-500 ammunitions per week.  





If memory serves, you can get 30 arrows for 1 gold. So at the high end of that, 17 gold wil get you 510 bolts. Which means that if you sell that crappy +1 dagger you found on some dead kobold at 20%, you'd still be set for a little over a month. How many magic items/gold does your typical adventurer find in the course of 112 (4 per day, times 7 days, times 4 weeks) encounters again? [Debutantes avert your eyes]tons? That's what I thought. 

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
 Arrows that hit your target are very often easily recoverable and a good number that miss are too and a hunter is not unlikelyl to be a fletcher to make and repair their own arrows.

Everybody seems to assume poof you shot the arrow now its gone.. .like some gun bullet or something.

  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

 

I don't track ammo, but food supplies I do if it seems apropriate (wilderness surival/extended dungeon crawl).
Playing Scales of War

Rogue.jpg

 Arrows that hit your target are very often easily recoverable and a good number that miss are too and a hunter is not unlikelyl to be a fletcher to make and repair their own arrows.

Everybody seems to assume poof you shot the arrow now its gone.. .like some gun bullet or something.



True story. I don't know where this idea of glass arrows came from originally, but it's not realistic at all. The 'fire and forget' ammo makes sense for a game set in Rokugan, where bushi would rather retire the arrows that have hit their dead enemies, but arrows in that setting are way more expensive, too.
4e D&D is not a "Tabletop MMO." It is not Massively Multiplayer, and is usually not played Online. Come up with better descriptions of your complaints, cuz this one means jack ****.
we track arrows but that's about it, we have a macro in maptool for calculating if a fired arrow was broken lost or recovered so it's not that hard to do.
 Arrows that hit your target are very often easily recoverable and a good number that miss are too and a hunter is not unlikelyl to be a fletcher to make and repair their own arrows.

Everybody seems to assume poof you shot the arrow now its gone.. .like some gun bullet or something.




Probably because the rules expressly state that ammunition is expended and cannot be recovered after use.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
 Arrows that hit your target are very often easily recoverable and a good number that miss are too and a hunter is not unlikelyl to be a fletcher to make and repair their own arrows.

Everybody seems to assume poof you shot the arrow now its gone.. .like some gun bullet or something.




Probably because the rules expressly state that ammunition is expended and cannot be recovered after use.



OK there is a make more accounting for joe rule to be promptly ignored.

A magical arrow that looses its ooomph hey no prob.. .mundane stuff, ummm meh,

I changed my mind it just wins the meh award across board.
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

 

Darksun - Always, everything is tracked down to the last stick or rock picked up.
Everything else - Rarely if ever

I'm not sure why but it's always fun in Darksun and usually a drag everywhere else.



+1

"The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray"