Episode 1: A Princess's Pride

This thread is now open to all.

This thread is to discuss Master Stariders campaign 'Dawn of Shadows'. The first adventure, A Princess's Pride is the focus of this thread. The document is written and I'm waiting on Master Starider to complete inserting the maps into the document. I am asking people who want to be involved in this project to step forward.  I will send the document to the project team members only. The following jobs need to be filled and more than one person can do any of these,

(1) Editor
(2) Artist or Art compiling
(3) Statistical NPC block checking
(4) Play testing

If you want to be apart of this team, please send me a private message and indicate what job you want to do. Here are the guidelines for each job. Instructions for each job has been listed below.

Editor and Statistical NPC block checking
(1) Mark corrections by highlighting in red.
(2) Whenever possible please write questions about 'A Princess's Pride' in this thread, rather than e-mail me. This allows Master Starider to answer the questions directly and everyone involved will get the same information. Otherwise I'll be playing e-mail tag.
(3) If you must ask questions privately, write your questions into the document and highlight them green or blue. This will allow Master Starider to answer them more easily and all at once.
(4) If you find that sections need re-writing to make sense, please mark them by highlighting in yellow.

Artist or Art compiling
(1) Please provided images as a jpeg or png file.
(2) Label the image files rather than insert them into the document. Give the NPC's name or location name in the adventure.
(3) Please include a text document listing who to credit for the work or atleast where it was found if you have not drawn it. 

Play Testing
(1) Include all play testing feedback in this thread, not by e-mail. I just can't check my e-mail as much as this thread. It also allows other play testers and the whole project team to see what's happening.
(2) Include the following details: number of players, level of characters, type of characters, player feedback, GM assessment of difficulty, what the encounter lacked and what worked well.

Please do not make the document available to the public at this time.

Thanks

Star Wars Saga Roleplaying Resources

I've found maps for most of the encounters that I can modify, Master Starider. Here is my first list of questions on the maps needed.

(1) The Leader among Thugs encounter requires cat-walks over a droid factory? Is the factory completely shut down? This would be a multi-level location from what you have described? Are there still droids on the converyer belts?

(2) The Maintenance Workshop encounter is just a workshop in the droid factory? How big is the location? Are there floor chasms or open air vents? Does the workshop need shelves or can I get away with just crates. Are there any old droids in the workshop, that would be terrain features?

(3) The Belly of the Beast encounter is the droid factories main floor? Can it have lava pits in the floor? How much spilled acid is on the floor and where is it? How big is the acid vat and where should it be? What is a vat of acid doing in a droid factory? Where should I place the cat-walks over the main factory floor? How many stairs do you want?

(4) Is the Factory Patrol encounter just a set of hallways that cross over each other?

(5) The Command Bridge Showdown encounter has many computer stations, but how many? Does this look like the Bridge of a Star Destoryer?

(6) The Boarding the Space Hunter encounter seems to be a single hallway, is it? I don't think I can do pirate bodies, unless someone finds me a jpeg. Does it only have broken deck plates?

(7) The War Zone encounter has craters, and rubble but you would not see the mines? Can this be a bridge over a road section?

(8) The Jedi Temple encounter has five statues, does the central statue have to look like a Jedi?

(9) The Industrial Zone encounter has broken beams, exposed wires and missing floor panels, but I have no idea what too do about it. I cannot picture it, help?

Well that's all my questions for now, Master Starider.
Hey Prom, time for work...

1 Catwalks, yes.  The factory is shut down, but skeletal systems (alarms, power, computers) are running, due to BS efforts - minimal systems, just enough to keep an eye on things.  It is multi levelled, with two levels - a bottom floor, and a catwalk 2 m up, and like an upsidedown 'y', with the stem leading to a semi big platform area.  the two 'y' prongs are where the 'up' ladders are and droids if the skill challenge is a failure.  there are crates everwhere.  There are still droids on conveyers, and some have been completed and turned on for patrol purposes, but most lie in various stages of completion, and are off.

2 Yes.  Half apage, or a page, its up to you.  Floor chasims are later, but there could be vents.  Use whatever stuff you think you need, but there needs to be a droid oil bath in one corner near heroes entrance.  Some droid bits are used for target practice, but if you want to put some in, sure - that would be cool.

3 It would be a main chamber, since a big vat of acid would need to be kept close to where it is needed - I suppose it can go wherever you wish.  Turn the lava pits into acid pits.  two patches of acid, maybe only 4x4 squares, that touch from one side to the other, the heroes should have to jump at least 5' or cross the catwalk to proceed.  the vat should be about twice that size, with a precarious catwalk across the vat.  The acid vat should be roughly in the centre of the room.  Why is it there?  Don't know - cleaning components, handling droid waste, acid for batteries, factory byproducts - take your pick - maybe someone can provide a sciency answer?  Place the cat walk directly over the vat, with one set of stair on one side, another on the other.  Maybe only 5 or 10' worth of stairs.

4 yes - nothing fancy, just some plain corridors.

5 yes but smaller - maybe the bridge of a frigate or such - scale down the SD bridge if you cant get anything else and its too big. Only a few CT, but put one near the first mate, and one near the heroes, i spose near the entrance.

6  Use something like factory patrol encounter - just a few linked corridors, the same one for all three.  the gm can texta or pencil in the bodies as they fall.  Put in a few BDP if you'd like, but not as many as the factory - its trashier than the ship.

7 the gm can texta/pencil in the mines as they are discovered.  Put a bridge in if you'd like, maybe with a big blast hole in it.

8 yes, unless you can think of something to forshadow for later.  Maybe use a famous jedi, like luke.  I know it cant translate to the picture well, but a jedi would be nice.

9 scatter around a few missing plates, doesnt matter where.  these contain wires, which are live.  scatter around a few fallen beams (don't know what to use), with one or two touching the exposed wires (it goes over the wires), making them live.  Maybe put one uncharged beam close to the entrance to provide heroes with initial freindly cover, from there its up to them.

Hope this helps

Latter Prom                      
Well you have solved some problems for me and created a few more, lol. I'll get to work on it. This means the War Zone map is done.
Cool.  You have my complete faith, prom.  I made a mistake, the catwalks are 6 m, not 2m (falling 6m does 2d6).  I only used acid because lava is like CL 10 or 15, while acid is a CL 2 hazard.  Lava comes up in ep 7 (tee hee).  The 'y' structure can be square, like    |     if that helps.
                                                                                                                                                              ----
                                                                                                                                                              |   |

Do what you can, I'm sure it'll look great! 

Thanks prom,

Talk soon   

Cool.  You have my complete faith, prom.  I made a mistake, the catwalks are 6 m, not 2m (falling 6m does 2d6).  I only used acid because lava is like CL 10 or 15, while acid is a CL 2 hazard.  Lava comes up in ep 7 (tee hee).  The 'y' structure can be square, like    |     if that helps.
                                                                                                                                                              ----
                                                                                                                                                              |   |

Do what you can, I'm sure it'll look great! 

Thanks prom,

Talk soon   

That makes sense, turning lava into acid should be pretty easy. I'll have a crack at doing the maps today, as I'm home with a strained shoulder.
Maps for the following encounters are now done. I'll send you the jegs as I cannot seem to edit them into the document myself.

(1) Leader Among Thugs
(4) Factory Patrol
(5) Command Bridge Showdown
(6) Boarding the Space Hunter
(7) The War Zone
(8) The Jedi Temple
(9) The Industrial Zone
Awesome work, my friend (not Sidious's 'My Ffffriend')  : )

Good job, prom, and I'm sure future episodes will be equally bewildering, yet very cool!   : )

Can you change the colour of stuff.  Maybe colour the lava green (for acid)?  Just a thought.  The droid bath can be as simple as a water well with black coloured water, but from what I've seen so far, I'm sure you'll do much better.

Talk soon

Matty
Awesome work, my friend (not Sidious's 'My Ffffriend')  : )

Good job, prom, and I'm sure future episodes will be equally bewildering, yet very cool!   : )

Can you change the colour of stuff.  Maybe colour the lava green (for acid)?  Just a thought.  The droid bath can be as simple as a water well with black coloured water, but from what I've seen so far, I'm sure you'll do much better.

Talk soon

Matty

I'll sort it out.
I see you're trying to finish Princess this month. I've only gotten through the first half ( I skipped over Parts 2&3 to get to the encounters related to Part 1). Because of nanowrimo I don't think I'll be able to finish for at least another week. You'll probably be wrapped by then. Here is a link to my edit notes and a file where I made more general suggestions... nothing requiring more than a couple sentences building on what you already said.
www.mediafire.com/?5iiae5c2atra1
My other feedback is the very railroady ending of the princess stealing the ship. Great plot device, but you need to work it into the rules. Players will want to follow. More morally-neutral characters may still want to bring in their man. I can think of several characters in my Dawn of Defiance campaign who would do that. Here's my idea. Have the princess make stealth checks against the PC's passive perception (I know that's DnD, but the DC can be gained by adding ten to the highest PC's Perception skill.) If she fails, she spends a destiny point to go first in the encounter. She uses her turn to run out the door, close it and blast the controls. PCs have a skill challenge to open the door. DCs  jump two categories because of the heightened state of alert of the station. That's the first part of the challenge. Failure on any check in the second part results in an encounter with 3 paranoid "Did you hear something going on?"/I've got a bad feeling about this thugs. in the same locations as the other fights. Who knows, maybe this will be the first time they have an encounter there. Your work pays off twice.
The princess gets to the ship and lifts off during the encounters.
You also didn't mention what ship is left in the hangar for the PCs... and least I don't remember.
Also, because they're stranded, testosterone-fighter types may want to conquer the base "Yeah, that was easy!" To avoid this, I'd have a rancor-sized droid juggernaught march into the docking bay, picking up star ships and throwing them against the wall. If this doesn't scare the PCs to retreat, I don't know what will.
That's all. I love the material. I only provide ideas because I believe in it. Take from my rantings whatcha will.
Garrett
The Star Wars Saga Dawn of Defiance Podcast THREAT DETECTED is here! threat-detected.com IMAGE(http://www.obsidianportal.com/images/banners/op_banner1_468x60.png)
I see you're trying to finish Princess this month. I've only gotten through the first half ( I skipped over Parts 2&3 to get to the encounters related to Part 1). Because of nanowrimo I don't think I'll be able to finish for at least another week. You'll probably be wrapped by then. Here is a link to my edit notes and a file where I made more general suggestions... nothing requiring more than a couple sentences building on what you already said.
My other feedback is the very railroady ending of the princess stealing the ship. Great plot device, but you need to work it into the rules. Players will want to follow. More morally-neutral characters may still want to bring in their man. I can think of several characters in my Dawn of Defiance campaign who would do that. Here's my idea. Have the princess make stealth checks against the PC's passive perception (I know that's DnD, but the DC can be gained by adding ten to the highest PC's Perception skill.) If she fails, she spends a destiny point to go first in the encounter. She uses her turn to run out the door, close it and blast the controls. PCs have a skill challenge to open the door. DCs  jump two categories because of the heightened state of alert of the station. That's the first part of the challenge. Failure on any check in the second part results in an encounter with 3 paranoid "Did you hear something going on?"/I've got a bad feeling about this thugs. in the same locations as the other fights. Who knows, maybe this will be the first time they have an encounter there. Your work pays off twice.
You also didn't mention what ship is left in the hangar for the PCs... and least I don't remember.
Also, because they're stranded, testosterone-fighter types may want to conquer the base "Yeah, that was easy!" To avoid this, I'd have a rancor-sized droid juggernaught march into the docking bay, picking up star ships and throwing them against the wall. If this doesn't scare the PCs to retreat, I don't know what will.
That's all. I love the material. I only provide ideas because I believe in it. Take from my rantings whatcha will.
Garrett

I'm not trying to get Princess's Pride finished by the end of the month. Matty and I will try to have it ready for the next project team to work on by the end of the month. The timetable for me is a little shorter and sooner than everyone else. No one else has episode one but you. I'm not expecting Princess's Pride to be finished till the end of December 2011, as the team will not get the adventure till late November 2011.
Garrett

Thanks for the reply, Garrett, and here is my response...

Yup, a little bit railroaded, but realy, alot of the campaign is.  I need the heroes to participate/follow a story, and simply put, many players out there cannot handle the responsibility of working with the GM to work together so everyone wins.  Too many players out there are, shall we say, a little selfish (ie Player "I don't like this story - I'm going to do my own thing") and many variants to this justification/thinking.  From what I remember, there are few, 'static' encounters where the heroes can apporach any way they wish (one in ep 6 from memory), though many provide multiple choices about how to progress (even if it is the two simplest approaches).  Want a game ruined by selfish PCs?  Give them no goals appart from thier own, and let them do whatever they want, however they want, regardless of anyone else.  Remember, playing a game like this is a team effort - even the relationship between GM and player I would consider a team dynamic, worthy of respect and compromise (and hard work).

This also stretches to the question of princess tiffa.  "Do we let her go or not?"  If youv'e been playing with a regular group, you should be able to prempt that answer due to your knowlege of the people playing in it.  One quy always plays the bad guy bounty hunter? - I can guess what he would do in that situation (as should you).  First up I would say encourage players to play heroes - that way, many problems can be avoided later.  Is a bounty hunter pc is adamant on capturing tiffa, and wants to continue regardless of 'playing team', i suggest you pull that player asside, and work out a solution everyone is happy with.    Otherwise, remember tiffa is a powerful 5th level force user, and the heroes should only number 4, and be 3rd level.  Anyone playing a character loyal to the jedi or empire should at least see that tiffa comes to no harm, or at least not fall into girza's hands.  If tiffa is captured and given to girza, the heroes will eventually be seen by the Empire as, well, less than heroic.  Consequenses for these actions are beyond the scope of the adventure, but they should be bad.  In any case, the campaign could be considered over, because tiffa doe'snt trust them any more...game over...the selfish pc wins...actually, everybody looses...

In any case, you are right - I will have to put in a paragraph or so on what tiffa (and the GM) should do if things go bad.  Once again, this is a game about heroes - I wrote this game to accomidate heroes - even smugglers and bounty hunters starting out with few morals should rise to the challenge and meet the moral requirements this story needs - however, I have written in a peice in ep 10 about if any hero goes bad (max/high DSP).  However, this is not to be encouraged - If i wanted a darkside story, thats what I would have written.  

I clearly state that tiffa steals the thugs ship, leaving the heroes to use thier own.  They can do what they like with the thugs, but a kindly gm would say they are eventually saved.  If the heroes want this as a base, I cannot see why not - however, this is beyond the scope of the adventure.  It would take alot of work and creds, and time.  Maybe between eps 3-4, or less likely eps 6-7.

If your heroes somehow got through without getting all the xps (ive made sure the math is right), sure, put in a big droid.  However, if the hereos do everything, they should have enough xps.  There is nothing saying you cant drop an encounter and put in the droid to suit what you need for your campaing.  When you run the campaing, its up to you - thats why its soo much fun gming (as you know).       

Good work with the skill challenge, but I may have to reduce it to story-fluff, simply cause the xps are maxed out.  I will take careful note of your ideas for the minor rewrite.

Thanks Garrett, I am very glad you belive in my work.  Remember, there are no bad ideas, just bad timing.  Every idea has its place in our existance, and affecst things in ways we cannot possibly imagine (butterflys wings causing hurricanes elsewhere) in just the right way in just the right amount (sounds like the Force to me...).   

Otherwise, thank you all.  There may not be many ideas i am able to embrace wholeheartedly and find a place in this (and other) project.  However, have faith that I will choose wisely, and try to create something not only faithful to the original concept, but something new that all SW fans can enjoy.

PS during this project, some of it flowed like the finest ambrosia.  However, there were more than a few moments where I hit walls so high I could (almost) not scale them.  Next project, maybe I can borrow someones (or multiple) shoulders to stand on, and the process can be a little less harrowing (though I had heaps of fun with this project - I mean heaps).      

As to the timeline...well, its going to be work in progress for a little while.  Take solace in the fact that we will keep working until...(its finished)

Talk soon,

Matty
Matty,
No doubt the muse was with you-- or should I say the Force?
My concern about conquering the base in whole is something I'm dealing with an upcoming series of encounters in my own game: Black Sun vigos are loaded. I don't think you want prototype weapons, a set of weapons to arm an army or several million credits. Gotta protect the grand story from untimely fortunes and armies.
Garrett
The Star Wars Saga Dawn of Defiance Podcast THREAT DETECTED is here! threat-detected.com IMAGE(http://www.obsidianportal.com/images/banners/op_banner1_468x60.png)
I think the best way to approach rpg adventure writing is to have a main path but plan for players to select different options. A sentence or two that suggests to the GM how to manage players that take routes other than the main path is always wise, I'm not suggesting a re-write. Plan for player success and failure. But given the adventure is written, this means that alterations need to be small or simple.

As for players being selfish, it's not always the case. A premade campaign is often very linear and players like to explore (that's part of their fun). There's nothing easy about writing a sandbox campaign and I've only encountered one in four years of gaming. That said and done, I've seen Garrett come up with some very helpful solutions, so carefully consider what he has said. I found it very hard when writing my own adventures to have people suggest where things might come apart, just give it time to sit with you.
Hi guys,

Wise words indeed...  

The adventure was never designed for the heroes to completely conquer the droid factory (straight up anyway).  Just get in, do the job, and get out.  Otherwise its too big, too complicated, and too many xps.  If you've done your job right as a GM, the players would most likely want to continue with the adventure, hungry for more knowledge (instead of a few rusty droid parts and a base thats going to be raided by BS often anyway).

As to the money and stuff...eventually yes...the heroes become loaded.  However, remember the timing - that is key.  Too early and the heroes are too op and it causes problems.  Too late and they may feel like they have nothing.  Case in point with your last comment.  Good luck with the campaign, and may the Force be with you.   

Sandboxing can be very fun and rewarding, but everyone needs to be on the same page for it to work properly.   Otherwise, the sky is the limit, but sadly this rarely happens. 

I was probably being too harsh by saying 'most'.  Change that to 'some'.  However, its our experiences that ultimately make (and break) us...  

Prom, please don't get me wrong - I have valued and considered every single word that has come before me - I have a case in point about the value of a fresh set of eyes involving a JLA scenario that ran too long - I had to make cuts to fit the time limit - and I would not have discovered this without the valued assistantce of the playtesters.  Lesson learned.  However, I have to use my own wisdom (whatever there is of it) to try and make the right desicions to make my vison of this project complete, and more importaintly, true.  If Garrett (or anyone else) wants to cross grey areas in the campagin, good luck - I deliberately avoided the grey areas for a number of reasons.  Doe'nst mean a great campagin cant be written with these grey areas in mind - however, that is not my vision for this project.

Let me put it another way - without help Lucas's vision of the GFFA included no jedi, no force, and every soldier carried a lightsaber...nothing near the awesomeness that star wars is today...however, without Lucas's imput, and ensuring his vision stayed true (with the apt changes) to the original concept, ironically, we would still have nothing near the awsomeness that star wars is today.   

I have included a paragraph in the PP that should shore up the 'if things go wrong' issue.  I have also changed names, transfered the work to an updated word format, adjusted page numbers, and will soon put maps in.  Expect the updates soon prom.       

Thanks for your imput guys, and your faith in my vision...

Talk soon

Matty     
Dealing with all the grey areas would turn the adventure into a very large paper weight. I understand not wanting to write material for all possible player actions, I would not. A paragragh should be enough to help GM's sort out what to do if things go pear-shaped.

I'm having trouble with the Maintenance Workshop map. Does anyone know where I can find a good image of a work bench in a jpeg or png file. The background needs to be transparent. I'm using basic paint program, do not have photoshop.

The last maps are rather complex, but I'm chipping away at them. I should be finished by the end of the week, Master Starider.
Cool, and well said.  Constructive feedback is what we need for this project to become a success.  Without Garretts valued (and timely) imput, who knows how many times this campaign would be felled out there in the harsh wide world before the first adventure ends.  Good work guys.  Hopefully the holes are not big enough that they can't be patched with an apt paragraph or two...

I wish there were no grey areas, esp in real life.  However, I belive there is a reason for everything - we'll just have to wait for the 'why'...

Thanks guys

Matty      
I have almost finished the 'Maintenance Workshop' encounter map. I found myself a desk that sort of fits the room. The oil bath will be a little more work, but I'm not concerned about getting it done. That just leaves one more map to complete 'Belly of the Beast', so should be done by Friday. Then Matty it's all up to you to put it together so we can get it edited and play tested by the project team. So the time table looks like later November 2011 when the first episode will be available.
Hey guys,

Cool.  Looking at the end of the weekend for my part to be done (baring probs with software - hope the maps insert ok )

Another thought - any cool artists out there who want to join in the fun?  Lots of NPC pics needed for the project...

Talk soon and thanks

Matty            
Hey guys,

Cool.  Looking at the end of the weekend for my part to be done (baring probs with software - hope the maps insert ok )

Another thought - any cool artists out there who want to join in the fun?  Lots of NPC pics needed for the project...

Talk soon and thanks

Matty            

Or someone willing to comb the internet for pictures that will work? I've always found artists the hardest to find. But people willing to find images that fit an adventure is a different thing.
I have just finished the ground floor of 'Belly of the Beast'. Hope it is alright?  I have sent the image to you Matty. Just two more maps and I'm done.
Hey guys,

If anyone finds/creates pics for the project, I'll be happy to go over them.

I must say prom I am very impressed.  Very.   Some of the future maps may provide a bit more of a challenge ; )   : (   : o     

Looking forward to the last two.

Well done!

Matty out!     
Hey guys,

If anyone finds/creates pics for the project, I'll be happy to go over them.

I must say prom I am very impressed.  Very.   Some of the future maps may provide a bit more of a challenge ; )   : (   : o     

Looking forward to the last two.

Well done!

Matty out!     

I don't like the sound of that, lol. Might have to go super simple for the challenging ones. I have done the 'Maintenance Workshop'. One more map to go and I can form the next project team.....
I have completed all maps for this episode. Matty will insert the maps into the master copy and I'll let people know when the next project team is being formed so they can get started on 'The Princess's Pride'.
Hi All,

This thread is now open to all, please read the first post as I've made some changes to it. I'm now looking for people for the project team for the first Episode 'A Princess's Pride'. I'm going to need more people for this document as it's much longer.

barefoottourguide, I'm aware you have already started. Did you have a particular focus?

DarthSet, Darth_Scorpion, awaypturwpn, moto_jin, StevenO, FeeorinsRule your spots are confirmed. I just need to know what task you will be doing?

I`d have no problem play-testing this, if that`s alright.

I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
I`d have no problem play-testing this, if that`s alright.

Excellent, I'll mark you down as a play tester. Just make sure to read the first post as I've changed it and ask any questions you might have. The document should be in your hands by the end of the month.
Alright than. Is stat generation going to be point-buy, 3d6 rolling, or something else? Is there any restrictions on species? And do you want me to post my character on here, or message you?

I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Alright than. Is stat generation going to be point-buy, 3d6 rolling, or something else? Is there any restrictions on species? And do you want me to post my character on here, or message you?

These are all things that you as the GM make the decision on. My opinion is not to restrict players on any species, but that's your call. Play testing feed back is posted in this thread, please do not message me. My inbox has been very full lately, lol. Instructions for play testers are in the first post that I've editted today.
Hey guys,

Ep 1 and GMO sent.  : )

Thanks

Matty   
Hi All,

DarthSet, Darth_Scorpion, awaypturwpn, moto_jin, StevenO, FeeorinsRule your spots are confirmed. I just need to know what task you will be doing?

Editing, stat block analism or stresstesting. I am ok with any of the three. Just do not tell me to do art, I flunked art.
Hi All,

Editing, stat block analism or stresstesting. I am ok with any of the three. Just do not tell me to do art, I flunked art.

Editing, statblock checking and play testing is alot, Are you sure? I'm never going to tell anyone to do art. Besides I'm not asking people to draw the art, just finding it on the internet is fine. I'm sure someone else will be game.
I expect most people will want to do playtesting, so put me down for statblock checking. But I do not mind helping to playtest or edit if you need manpower in these areas.
statblock checking and/or playtesting for this man is good recommended.
I expect most people will want to do playtesting, so put me down for statblock checking. But I do not mind helping to playtest or edit if you need manpower in these areas.

I think you would be right about that. Play testing is an easier option.

I'll get back to you as the project team forms.

I'm good for editing. 

Alternatively if you already have too many editors, I can playtest or check statblocks. But only one of those three let me know which would be most useful. 
I never listen to the Order 66 Podcast. Winner of You Build the Character #27 - Cad Bane
This thread is now open to all.

This thread is to discuss Master Stariders campaign 'Dawn of Shadows'. The first adventure, A Princess's Pride is the focus of this thread. The document is written and I'm waiting on Master Starider to complete inserting the maps into the document. I am asking people who want to be involved in this project to step forward.  I will send the document to the project team members only. The following jobs need to be filled and more than one person can do any of these,

(1) Editor
(2) Artist or Art compiling
(3) Statistical NPC block checking
(4) Play testing

If you want to be apart of this team, please send me a private message and indicate what job you want to do. Here are the guidelines for each job. Instructions for each job has been listed below.

Editor and Statistical NPC block checking
(1) Mark corrections by highlighting in red.
(2) Whenever possible please write questions about 'A Princess's Pride' in this thread, rather than e-mail me. This allows Master Starider to answer the questions directly and everyone involved will get the same information. Otherwise I'll be playing e-mail tag.
(3) If you must ask questions privately, write your questions into the document and highlight them green or blue. This will allow Master Starider to answer them more easily and all at once.
(4) If you find that sections need re-writing to make sense, please mark them by highlighting in yellow.

Artist or Art compiling
(1) Please provided images as a jpeg or png file.
(2) Label the image files rather than insert them into the document. Give the NPC's name or location name in the adventure.
(3) Please include a text document listing who to credit for the work or atleast where it was found if you have not drawn it. 

Play Testing
(1) Include all play testing feedback in this thread, not by e-mail. I just can't check my e-mail as much as this thread. It also allows other play testers and the whole project team to see what's happening.
(2) Include the following details: number of players, level of characters, type of characters, player feedback, GM assessment of difficulty, what the encounter lacked and what worked well.

Please do not make the document available to the public at this time.

Thanks

I work graveyard and have slot of free time on my hands as does the wife, so you can put us down as 1,3 and 4 I'll do my best to find pictures to match npcs if that's needed.

My wife will be wanting to GM the adventure for us this coming session a week from now if we manage to get the first one. If not it can wait till the next one. I will be one of the playtesters in the group.
Hi All,

This thread is now open to all, please read the first post as I've made some changes to it. I'm now looking for people for the project team for the first Episode 'A Princess's Pride'. I'm going to need more people for this document as it's much longer.

barefoottourguide, I'm aware you have already started. Did you have a particular focus?

I'm doing proofreading and putting in two cents for things that could be fleshed out a touch more. I don't want to tear down walls or suggest adding a new addition.
Garrett
While I may do a little proof reading and perhaps offer editorial suggestion I normally like the cut and dry of checking stat blocks.
I have sent just about everyone the adventure that has responded to this thread and returned work on the campaign outline. The project team jobs have been assigned, but people should fell free to get involved in the task of completing Matty's work. More hands make light work.

Project team members:
(1) Master Starider (Writer, Layout, etc)
(2) Prom (Maps)
(3) barefoottourguide (Editor) 
(4) FeeorinsRule (Play Testing)
(5) moto_jin (Stat-block Checking)
(6) awaypturwpn (Editor)
(7) DarthSet (Everything, god help you)
(8) Jarveiyan (Play Testing)
(9) StevenO (Stat-block Checking)

We now have almost two people assigned for each job, which is good news. I will send the rest of the documents out sometime tomorrow.

Matty, I'll start a new thread for the next episode sometime this week. I'm still hoping that a few forum veterans have time to pitch in a hand, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.
Hello all,

Awesome!  I would like to offically welcome and thank you all for your efforts.  I would wager this resource-pool would rival anything WotC has up its sleeve for any single project.  A team like this is sure to see success, and that means all SW gamers/fans win.  Well done, and I thank every one of you.

That said, we still have much to do.  Many trials and tribulations will test us all, even via this single project.  It is my hope that if one of us stumbles, the others will help them up, and we can continue on our way towards a common goal.  I have faith that you will all do the best you can.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next...

Matty