BBS Live! 2012

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
Would anyone be interested in planning a BBS Live! event to coincide with GP-Seattle in March? I may go anyway (I have a generic GPT burning a hole in my pocket), but it'd be nice to have people to hang out and cost-share with. Ideally some of us could even go a couple days early.

The Grand Prix is 3-4 March and is Sealed (Innistrad/Dark Ascension).

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
I don't think I can go. I'm taking a 5 trip day in Sept for my 40th and two trips w/o my familly in one year won't wash.

Guess what? Chicken butt.

I'd like to go. Still too early to commit to anything, we'll see how the next couple months shake out with my life to see if a cross-country trip is reasonable. It's looking like I'll have a bye, too, if I can keep the FNM records up or top 8 another PTQ or two.
I'd love to attend, but I don't think that I will be able to make the trip this time, trains notwithstanding.
Come join Team Apathy! or not whatever shrug.gif

Yo! tm  afro.gif

I'm in.
Thank you, Erik.
March is far closer than the changing of the year implies. I'm really hoping I can make it work.
March is far closer than the changing of the year implies. I'm really hoping I can make it work.

Yeah, I'm hoping we can start making concrete plans here during or shortly after the holidays.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
So, here's my thoughts on scheduling:

It'd be nice if everyone who is able could come in Weds. night. That would give us all day Thursday to sight-see and do whatever (visit WotC?), ending at Cafe Mox Thursday night. GP registration opens Friday, and there are usually grinders and other side events to play in. Then Saturday and Sunday would be the main event and people would fly out Sun night or Mon morning. Obviously some won't be able to come in so early and can't arrive until Thurs or Fri night, but I'd like to get a gauge on how many think they'll be able to make it Weds night.

Here's the Grand Prix webpage, though it is kinda sparse right now: www.cascadegames.com/events/907 The venue is actually in Tacoma, so if we aren't crashing with a beeber host, we'll want a hotel more in that direction than Seattle.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Bump. I want to get plane tickets soon.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
I'll be judging the GP if they accept my application, which means I'll likely either be a ride for the rest of the Canadian Judge contingent or on the receiving end of someone else's ride, and will be busy for the event itself. But I'll make an appearance if I can.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

I'll not be there, I think I need to start saving up money for diapers or something...sorry

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
I'll not be there, I think I need to start saving up money for diapers or something...sorry

d00d, your MTG play time (and anything remotley related to entertainment) is about to drop signifigantly.

d00d, your MTG play time (and anything remotley related to entertainment) is about to drop signifigantly.

Well....I currently play during release events....usually

It's hard to hit much lower than that, sadly...but I did not mean to derail bubba's thread :X....though it doesn't seem like there is all that much interest/ability to go, sadly.  The west coast is just so very very far away from the east.

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
You're welcome to meet me in Vegas for my 40th. It'll be me and a few other friends. Any of the beebers who are interested are welcome.

Other than P-man, who can't come until Fri night, and 'gona, who lives there and probably has Real Life™, there doesn't seem to be much interest in showing up early. If no one else speaks up by the end of the week, I'm just going to book my ticket to come in Thurs afternoon.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Well, my flight is booked to arrive Thurs. around 11:30. Anyone else showing up?

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Wish I could, but it'd be impossible.
I'm officially in. My flight arrives Friday evening a little after 7. Let's do this thing!
Looking forward to seing you two.  Anybody wanna make a train reservation? Err, I mean stay at Chez Algona?
Thank you, Erik.
Looking forward to seing you two.  Anybody wanna make a train reservation? Err, I mean stay at Chez Algona?

If you're willing to house us and drive us around, I'm happy to stay at your place. We currently have a hotel reservation, but I made sure it was refundable when I booked. Send me a PM or e-mail or something.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Additionally, I just booked a hotel for GenCon this morning. Only two blocks from the convention center, but I was only able to get a room with a king bed instead of two doubles. If anyone is interested in sharing that, I'm sure we can figure out sleeping arrangements everyone is comfortable with.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Additionally, I just booked a hotel for GenCon this morning. Only two blocks from the convention center, but I was only able to get a room with a king bed instead of two doubles. If anyone is interested in sharing that, I'm sure we can figure out sleeping arrangements everyone is comfortable with.

Snuggle time!

If you're willing to house us and drive us around, I'm happy to stay at your place. We currently have a hotel reservation, but I made sure it was refundable when I booked. Send me a PM or e-mail or something.

As a prior guest at Chez Algona, I'm definitely up for either way. I'll follow the crowd here.

Be careful what you wish for.

Yo! tm  afro.gif

Be careful what you wish for.

/me blows a train horn at kharmin.

Did you know you can just BUY these?!
As a prior guest at Chez Algona, I'm definitely up for either way. I'll follow the crowd here.

I think "the crowd" is just the two of us. Staying in the hotel would certain be convienent: there's something to be said for being able to just cross the street in the morning and be at the venue. And the room rate is reasonable for a downtown area ($120+tax/night). But saving money is nice too. I'll leave it up to you.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show

I think "the crowd" is just the two of us. Staying in the hotel would certain be convienent: there's something to be said for being able to just cross the street in the morning and be at the venue. And the room rate is reasonable for a downtown area ($120+tax/night). But saving money is nice too. I'll leave it up to you.

I think you have a point on the stumbling across the street and being there. Probably worth the cost, especially since I get in Friday night and will still need to register for the main event.
Chickens.

Yo! tm  afro.gif

Chickens.

Chicken butt

Chickens.

I prefer to think of it as buying more sleep.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Chickens.

Bah, sleep is overrated and is for the weak.  There's nothing like a restless, long weekend at Algona Estates to shore up your constitution.  Puts hair on your chest, son.

Yo! tm  afro.gif

Chickens.

Bah, sleep is overrated and is for the weak.  There's nothing like a restless, long weekend at Algona Estates to shore up your constitution.  Puts hair on your chest, son.

Or makes you tear it out of your head.

Chickens.

Or makes you tear it out of your head.

I don't have that problem.  It's falling out all on its own.

Yo! tm  afro.gif

Chickens.

Going out on a limb here, but this probably has more to do with travel time. Because some of us slept fine at Algona Estates.
No.  It was definitely the trains.

Yo! tm  afro.gif

Next week.

GP: Lincoln was not kind to me, 3-6 (1-6 in real matches). But I had two friends make the money, so that was cool!
So there's going to be three of us? Soon, we shall take to the fields of battle!
Well, my flight is booked to arrive Thurs. around 11:30. Anyone else showing up?

Sorry about the lack of response, I've been sorting through car problems.  You're better off staying at the hotel.   I should be able to pick you up tomorrow at the airport, if you are still on for an 11:30 AM arrival time.  It was AM?  Kirby

Thank you, Erik.
I'm officially in. My flight arrives Friday evening a little after 7. Let's do this thing!

And I should be able to pick you up as well. 

Algona's shuttle service, ready to roll. :D

Thank you, Erik.

And I should be able to pick you up as well. 

Algona's shuttle service, ready to roll. :D

I was JUST thinking I should probably arrange some ground transport when I get there. My flight is scheduled to land at 7:11 PM tomorrow, and I will definitely just have a carry-on. Looking forward to seeing you again, man!
So, bubba made day two...how's programmer doin?

You just need to win out to make top 8, walter :P

Sign In to post comments