Why aren't Mass Polymorph/Eldrazi Titans banned?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi guys,

I know you all are thinking, "Why would it be?" But take this into account. When used in a deck that has only living weapons and the eldrazi titans, its a guarantee to have them all on the field. When that happens, we all know thats game over. I think this is a serious combo that has been overlooked. I have not been defeated with it yet, and although i do not participate in large tournaments (mainly for transportation reasons) i feel confident that if someone used it consistently, they would see where i am coming from.
Hi guys,

I know you all are thinking, "Why would it be?" But take this into account. When used in a deck that has only living weapons and the eldrazi titans, its a guarantee to have them all on the field. When that happens, we all know thats game over. I think this is a serious combo that has been overlooked. I have not been defeated with it yet, and although i do not participate in large tournaments (mainly for transportation reasons) i feel confident that if someone used it consistently, they would see where i am coming from.

p.s. please excuse the grammatical errors in the above post
The reason that there is no ban for this is because it's a terrible deck. Any decent aggro deck will have killed you before you play it. A decent control deck won't allow you to combo off. And other combo decks are faster than this. Exarch/Twin will kill you on turn 4.
Thanks, i understand that other decks are faster, but i'm not 100% on your above listed combo. Seeing how i'm relatively new to the game I would love if you explained how that would work. Thank you in advance for your help.
You're not sure how the Exarch/Twin combo works?

It's quite simple actually. Exarch has the ETB ability "untap target permanent you control" (the other mode isn't important here). So you play Splinter Twin on the Exarch, then tap it and make a token. The token is an exact copy of Deceiver Exarch, so it has the ability "untap target permanent you control". You use this ability to untap the Exarch that is enchanted with Splinter Twin. Then you tap and make another copy. The copy can untap the orignal again. See where this goes?

Also, I'm sorry that I said the deck is terrible. I shouldn't have been so harsh. Just remember that it isn't just the power of a combo that determines whether it's unfair, how easy it is to disrupt and how fast it is are also big factors. I just meant to say that a Mass Polymorph deck is too slow.

To speed it up, you might try just Polymorphing for one Emrakul (run 2 in case you draw one of them). It's 2 mana less and might be fast enough to compete with the other decks in the format.
Polymorph decks are easy to disrupt by some relatively cheap answers.  If you do what buddy2 suggest and run the cheap Polymorph you run the risk of someone using Diabolic Edict or Geth's Verdict on you.   Yes, that's a corner-case, but you can see how even Emrakul can be dealt with on the cheap.  Especially since cheating Emrakul into play does not count as casting it, you'll give the opponent an extra turn to deal with it.

An elf deck that cranks out a large amount of mana would probably be a more stable way to get the legendary eldrazi out.  Even if that fails, you can still elfball over people

If you really want a polymorph deck, try tossing in a pair of Lightning Greaves so you can at least use the eldrazi the turn they come into play.
Sign In to post comments