Wyf11: This time it's Banned

65 posts / 0 new
Last post
What's Your Favorite 11
This Time, it's Banned
So, some cards are good... really good... no, better than that.  I'm taking you can't use it it's so good.  Yeah, those cards.  What's your favorite card that has been banned in any format?

Mine would have to be Channel... I <3 it sooo much.

[spoiler=Older Wyf]Rare Equipment
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
The Common Goblin
Incarnations
Colour Colour Guy
community.wizards.com/go/post/reply/7584...
The Mythic Moment
community.wizards.com/go/post/reply/7584...
Again?
Land Man
Lolnope.
Deep Down
Show
My Decks http://community.wizards.com/vennsvaults/go/forum/viewcategory/138835/Venns_Vaults My Bronation Station http://community.wizards.com/pony My 1000th post! On Thursday 03/13/2011! Yay St. Patric's day. How to play many other Casual Magic Formats http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29198663/?sdb=1&pg=last#521400213 Many of these were on the Magic Resources Site years ago. It was removed around the time 2HG became a sanctioned format. Purple Work Station http://community.wizards.com/purpleworkstation/go/forum/viewboard IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
To the surprise of exactly no one, Gush.

Sig
Disclaimers
My initial responses to rules questions are usually just answers. If you want an explanation as to why, say so. Just because it says I'm there, I'm not necessarily there. I leave my browser open so I don't have to reload ~30 tabs. Anyone who wants to text duel me through either PM or chat can just PM me with a format (and a time if playing through chat). I don't play standard.
# Card Blind Hall of Fame
3CB
3CB #1 (1/30/11): Won by silasw, with Mishra's Factory, Orzhov Basilica, Vindicate. 3CB #2 (2/13/11): Won by Vektor480, with Mishra's Workshop, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs 3CB #3(2/20/11): Joint win between defuse, with Saprazzan Skerry, Scalding Tongs, Energy Field; and Mown, with The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Inkmoth Nexus, Sheltered Valley 3CB #4(3/13/11): Won by Mown, with Keldon Megaliths, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Boros Garrison 3CB #5(3/20/11): Won by silasw, with Black Lotus, Channel, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
5CB
5CB 1 (3/6/11): Won by Maraxus-of-Keld, with Tropical Island, Thallid, Nether Spirit, Daze, Foil
quotes
56819178 wrote:
So, how would I use a card that has a large in the top half and "sui?l? -- pu?? ?is?q" across the middle?
57031358 wrote:
99113151 wrote:
Winning is not important if: 1. You win by a blowout. 2. You pay billions of dollars in cards to win. If you like wasting money just to win one game, while you could have saved it to lose a few and end up winning more in the future, then it is fine by me.
what? do you ceremonially light your deck on fire after a win?
57169958 wrote:
Or did no one notice Transmogrifying Licid before. (And by not notice, I mean covered their ears and shouted LA LA LA LA )
57193048 wrote:
57169958 wrote:
Hmmm... I think the most awkward situation at the moment is simply the Myr Welder / Equipment / Licid / Aura craziness, but I'm pretty sure he's aware of it.
If the most awkward thing going on right now involves Licids, I declare victory.
56287226 wrote:
We regret to inform you of Trevor Kidd's untimely demise in an unfortunate accident involving a mysteriously blown breaker box and a photophobic creature of unknown origin at his home near Renton, Washington. We at the Wizards Community apologize for any inconvenience or delay, and assure you we'll be preparing a replacement to assume his duties as soon as we finish warming up the cloning vats.
[02:47:46] It doesn't merely "come out of suspend" - you take the last time counter off, and then suspend triggers and say "now cast that! CAST IT NOOOOOW!" [02:47:49] Because suspend has no indoors voice
[10:11:33] !opalescence [10:11:33] Opalescence {2WW} |Enchantment| Each other non-Aura enchantment is a creature with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost. It's still an enchantment. · Reserved,UD-R,Vin,Leg,Cla,USBC [10:11:51] *sigh* [10:12:10] Otecko: Do you have a question about Opalescence? [10:12:17] sure [10:12:23] $10 on humility interaction [10:12:25] :P [10:12:29] :D [10:12:47] humility + opalescence put into play by replenish
Ego
58325628 wrote:
Mage is awesome, BTW.
56967858 wrote:
Dear Mage24365, You are totally awesome. Thank you so much. I hope you are able to dine in Paradise without kicking the bucket to actually get there, and that every dollar you ever make magically becomes two more.
58158398 wrote:
56761258 wrote:
I don't think there are any cards like that. There are things that prevent you from activating activated abilities, things that increase their cost, and things that counter them, but I don't think anything triggers from them specifically. There are things that trigger from targeting, so that might be relevant, but I can't think of anything that triggers from targeting a player. I'm almost positive there's nothing that triggers from damage being prevented.
Rings of Brighthearth; Dormant Gomazoa; Samite Ministration.
56761258 wrote:
Well played.

No clue.

I'd guess Rite of Flame.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Wheel of Fortune or Windfall - cant decide. Both are fun and just by their effects can change the course of a game. Not even talking cards that damage for drawing or discarding, just the inflow of new cards.
My colors and decks
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg
Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Pilot of: Thrullilicious Bats in the Belfry Glittering Totem Citadel of Barbs Thallid Salad Spreading Slivers Swamped Hardheaded The Big Green Kobold Fire, Fire! The Eyes of Deception It's Complicated Candyman Faceless How to Annoy Friends and Alienate Enemies
Where's the fun in that?
Sensei's Divining Top cause pulling counters off the top of my library is a little broken.
Its going to eat me!
Quotes and such
57044478 wrote:
57311168 wrote:
What happens if there's a tie for first?
Monkey knife fight
Darkpact. Nothin' like a 56 land deck...

52-land is better!
Ante Deck Loses
52x Swamp
4 x Dark Ritual
4 x Darkpact

52-land is better!
Ante Deck Loses
52x Swamp
4 x Dark Ritual
4 x Darkpact

But sometimes you ante a dark ritual.

I pick Skull Clamp. Its ridicously borked if you build around it, but otherwise its just really strong. It can  be fun in casual.
[21:07] [Ragnarokio] there might be more than 30 zebras after all Rag: regular mafia should be practice for white flag
Ritual is still pretty cheap.

+1

Also, to the Darkpact deck, 4 rits is better. I have two dozen dark rits, and my friend has a binder full. 
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
I am amazed that no one has brought up Jace, the Mind Sculptor yet he is amazing and he is banned 

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Regarding the Dark Rituals, I'd say yeah actually the 52 land version works. Wins the mirror-match versus 56 land. I've played for ante many times, it's sort of fun...

All my favourite cards under current rules are banned. So I'd revise my pick to be almost all of them.
Black Lotus.

Someone had to say it...

I don't post much anymore. 

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20802.jpg)
Earthcraft because I think attacking with infinite squirrels is funny.

Xweetoks = ♥Happiness

Kird Ape, because.
[<o>]
Kird Ape, because.

Pfft, obviously inferior to Loam Lion.

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Kird Ape, because.

Pfft, obviously inferior to Loam Lion.

Of course, when the Lion eventually becomes banned like the Ape was, I'll have a new favorite for this thread. ;)

[<o>]
Dream Halls for me.
I go with [C]Time Walk[/C]. They had to more than [C=Time Warp]double[/C] the cmc in order to balance it.
Gush maybe, because I like using it with Fathom Seer and Sakura-Tribe Scout with landfall junk.
Dream Halls for me.

I don't think Dream Halls is banned in any format.

Another vote for Gush.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Dream Halls for me.

Legacy.

Dream Halls for me.

Legacy.

Don't see it.  Legacy Banned list
worship the horn
Dream Halls for me.

Legacy.

Strange. Click on the card and go to Gatherer and click on the Sets & Legality tab. Either the Gatherer entry is out of date, or it was accidentally left off the 1 OCT 2011 updated list.

Dream Halls for me.

Legacy.

Strange. Click on the card and go to Gatherer and click on the Sets & Legality tab. Either the Gatherer entry is out of date, or it was accidentally left off the 1 OCT 2011 updated list.

I see.  Is there any noticeable omission on the list?
worship the horn
Trying to help "I'm original" people build better decks is self-sabotage: Good advice will inevitably be ignored because someone did it before. The gist of Magic is going to MWS/MTGO, playing Island, Ponder and watching the opponent ragequit.
Dream Halls for me.

Legacy.

Without looking, it's surely banned in Tempest block constructed...
Infinite combo in-block with Lotus Petal and two Reaps if you have enough black things on the other side of the table.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
My vote goes to Tinker. I will never, ever get sick of third-turn Colossi.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Preordain, because it isn't better than Ponder but definitely the type of card constructed decks need in every color at common.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Dream Halls was unbanned Sept. 19 2009.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Ponder. Lol?
Balance, with Timetwister being a close second.
Black Vise.

WotC, y u no let us play Stasis in legacy?

Dream Halls was unbanned Sept. 19 2009.

What's your favorite card that has been banned in any format?

It was, once upon a time, banned from a format; therefore, Dream Halls can be nominated here.

[<o>]
Dream Halls for me.

Legacy.

Without looking, it's surely banned in Tempest block constructed...
Infinite combo in-block with Lotus Petal and two Reaps if you have enough black things on the other side of the table.

Nope. According to the most recent list I can find on a quick look, Cursed Scroll is the only card banned in Tempest Block Constructed. Not that anyone plays block constructed.

Dream Halls is banned in Lorwyn block constructed though.

But by using that logic, you can nominate any card.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)