Highest HP possible

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
With a warden, which was alreddy the top contender.
Reddy, set, GO! 
holydoom.weebly.com: Holydoom! A lighthearted RPG in progress. Loosely based on 3.5. 4, and GURPS. Very, Very, Very loosely. Seriously, visit it now. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/29086701/I_HIT_IT_WITH_MA_SWORD!_(like_this!):_A_Slayers_Handbook An attempt at CharOp
To anyone who thinks Pathfinder is outselling D&D
While one report may say that FLGS report a greater amount of book sales, one cannot forget the fact that the 71000 DDI subscribers paying 6-10 dollars a month don't count as "Book Sales."
"see sig" redirects here
Oblivious troll is Oblivious
PbP supporter!
General thoughts, feelings, and info on DDN!
Stuff I Heard Mike Say (subject to change): Multiclassing will be different than in 3.5! That's important. There is no level cap; classes advance ala 3.5 epic levels after a set level. Mundane (AKA fighter and co) encounter and daily powers will probably not be in the PHB (for the lack of space), but nor will they be in some obscure book released halfway through the edition.
You can't please everyone, but you can please me. I DO NOT WANT A FREAKING 4E REPEAT. I DO NOT WANT A MODULE THAT MIMICS MY FAVORITE EDITION. I WANT MODULES THAT MIMIC A PLAYSTYLE AND CAN BE INTERCHANGED TO COMPLETELY CHANGE THE FEEL, BUT NOT THE THEME, OF D&D. A perfect example would be an espionage module, or desert survival. A BAD EXAMPLE IS HEALING SURGES. WE HAVE 4E FOR THOSE! A good example is a way to combine a mundane and self healing module, a high-survival-rate module, and a separate pool of healing resource module.
Start with a 20 STR+Auspicious Birth, Toughness, Whatever neck slot gives you additional hp, and the Indomitable Champion ED. Boring. You can increase effective hp (but reduce accuracy/damage) by going Revenant and exploiting the subzero tricks.
Specifically, 305 is the highest you can get:

Show
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 30
Dwarf, Warden, Indomitable Champion
Epic Heroism: Epic Heroism (Strength)
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 30, Con 14, Dex 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 10, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 26 Fort: 43 Reflex: 33 Will: 34
HP: 305 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 76

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +21

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +16, Arcana +16, Bluff +16, Diplomacy +16, Dungeoneering +18, Endurance +19, Heal +16, History +16, Insight +16, Intimidate +16, Perception +16, Religion +16, Stealth +16, Streetwise +16, Thievery +16, Athletics +25

FEATS
Level 1: Toughness

POWERS

ITEMS
Brooch of Vitality +6
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
Dreadnought PP gives +10 hitpoints.
Goliath Juggernaught PP gives +10 hitpoints.
Wrathbearer PP gives 2xCon hitpoints.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

Oh yeah, felt like I was missing something. So yeah, 315 then.
There was a thread about this before. For some reason I think 415 was max. Could be misremembering.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

There was a thread about this before. For some reason I think 415 was max. Could be misremembering.

Effective max. Not actual max. There were insubstantial tricks in play.
Ranger's Bear beast companion beats it by 1 without any special tricks :P
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Well if you count a Paladin Healing him self with lay on hands Then Paladin wins with these stats

STR 13 CON 12 DEX12 INT 10 WIS 30 CHA 26 Back ground Auspicious birth Race Deva

Now you can heal your self 10 times plus the Temp Hp you get From bolstering strike which would be
+10 each time you hit.

Thats only If you are allowing Paladin Using Lay on hands if not Warden wins

My bad i Re read the Post it said (WITH) a warden my bad. the people above are probably right.
Effective max is infinite. Raven's consort.

guides
Power
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Well if you count a Paladin Healing him self with lay on hands Then Paladin wins with these stats

STR 13 CON 12 DEX12 INT 10 WIS 30 CHA 26 Back ground Auspicious birth Race Deva

Now you can heal your self 10 times plus the Temp Hp you get From bolstering strike which would be
+10 each time you hit.

Thats only If you are allowing Paladin Using Lay on hands if not Warden wins

My bad i Re read the Post it said (WITH) a warden my bad. the people above are probably right.

If you consider powers at all, it becomes a completely different calculation, because you can get access to all your surges with masses of extra HP back - you can Second Wind every short rest, if nothing else, let alone surgeless heal powers.

In that situation, the Battlemind/Shaman/Mending Spirit probably becomes best.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.

Oh yeah, felt like I was missing something. So yeah, 315 then.

Wouldn't 2xConmod be potentially 20?  325 total?
but wrathbearer requires fighter base or hybrid... so drops the hit points / level down and yields something like 295 or so...
Ah, right.  Battlerager in the PP prereq.
I was wrong.

It was surge value that was optimized to 111. (Which implies 444 HP, but not)

guides
Power
my builds

You can multiclass battlemind and get Psionic Toughness too.
You can multiclass battlemind and get Psionic Toughness too.

So 324 then. 

Co-author on AoA 2-3 and 4-1.

Looks like 324 it is, but for psionic toughness you need the awakened talent MC feat which requires 15 INT and arcana training, so you are pumping a dump stat and need either a theme or skill training to pick up arcana.

Show
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 30
Goliath, Warden, Goliath Juggernaut, Indomitable Champion
Epic Heroism: Epic Heroism (Strength)
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 30, Con 14, Dex 12, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 10, Dex 10, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 27 Fort: 43 Reflex: 34 Will: 35
HP: 324 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 81

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +23, Arcana +22

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +16, Bluff +16, Diplomacy +16, Dungeoneering +16, Endurance +17, Heal +16, History +17, Insight +16, Intimidate +16, Perception +16, Religion +17, Stealth +16, Streetwise +16, Thievery +16, Athletics +27

FEATS
Level 1: Toughness
Level 21: Awakened Potential
Level 22: Psionic Toughness

POWERS

ITEMS
Brooch of Vitality +6
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

I used the scholar theme for arcana training.
Sign In to post comments