11/07/2011 Feature Article: "Going Rogue with Innistrad"

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Feature Article, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

The Grimgrin deck wants an Auramancer's Guise.
Anyone else notice he has 2 reliquary towers?
http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?pi=0&ps=20&sf=&sa=0&dm=0&p=637D444D76679831
that Civilized scholar combo sees alot of love in my splinterfright deck. Being able to mill off all those creatures (and find the ones I want to keep i.e. kessig cagebreaker) is an awesome variation to randomly milling myself.
I've had some luck with Laboratory Maniac/Mirror Mad Phantasm in my own little Solar Flare deck/variation. A deck who's strategy involves milling yourself works somewhat well with a flashback reanimate card and a card that wins you the game instead of milling yourself to death. Gin Gitaxias is also a bomb.

On an semi-unrelated note, I'm surprised I haven't seen Sheoldred in many reanimate/Solar Flare decks.

On an semi-unrelated note, I'm surprised I haven't seen Sheoldred in many reanimate/Solar Flare decks.

She isn't a clock, only cardadvantage... they already have that, they just want a clock and a threat
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
Hm. It's not just Back from the Brink that makes token Civilized Scholars; it's Cackling Counterpart as well. And in fact, a Phantasmal Image or Phyrexian Metamorph copying a Scholar also can't flip (true fact; look it up). So we're brimming with Cloney ways to dump a bunch of creatures in our graveyard.

Back from the Brink is obviously good in that it also provides us something to do with a bunch of creatures in our graveyard. But it is 6 mana. Are there any other things to do with creatures in our graveyard a little bit cheaper? ...Why hello there, Skaab Ruinator.

I like this deck idea.
For the deck Going Rogue Wih Innistrad I took out the Nevermore on put them on my SB and i put it Honor of the pure and it worked out Great haha
Anyone else notice he has 2 reliquary towers?

hahah yeah i saw that hahaha
Sign In to post comments