FAQ on Poison Counters!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
do i have to hit the taget player to infect the counter? or does hitting the creature dealing dmg give the player a counter?
also if a trample has and infect ability does it count as a counter IF i pass dmg through a creature blocking.
I'm afraid your question doesn't really make sense. Could you please rephrase it? A specific example might also help.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Your questions are worded rather confusingly; you seem to have multiple misconceptions about how Infect works, and in addition, I'm guessing English isn't your first language. I'll just explain what Infect does do, and hope that answers your question.

A creature with Infect deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters, and deals damage to players in the form of poison counters. That is, if a 2/2 with Infect deals damage to a creature, it gets 2 -1/-1 counters instead of taking damage normally, and if that same creature deals damage to a player, that player gets 2 poison counters instead of losing life.

Infect does not:

• Involve targeting in any way

• Change any other rules about how combat damage works

• Give poison counters in addition to dealing damage, as you seem to think

• Necessarily involve only one poison counter

• Do anything to players a source with Infect doesn't actually deal any damage to

Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
lol go study
That makes even less sense than your previous posts.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
So far in this forum you have argued with people over shuffling rules, announced you would tell a judge to "**** off" at an event if he called you on an insufficient shuffle, and asked a question here that makes very little sense. And your reaction to those trying to help you? "go study." They were about as respectful as they possibly could be, and did not, in the slightest, mean to ridicule you. But you lashed out at them anyways.

...Go study. That's a good suggestion.

www.wizards.com/magic/comprules/MagicCom...

There's the Comprehensive Rulebook. Go study it, and figure it out for yourself.

Sean Stackhouse Level Two Judge (Yay!) Maine

So far in this forum you have argued with people over shuffling rules, announced you would tell a judge to "**** off" at an event if he called you on an insufficient shuffle, and asked a question here that makes very little sense. And your reaction to those trying to help you? "go study." They were about as respectful as they possibly could be, and did not, in the slightest, mean to ridicule you. But you lashed out at them anyways.

...Go study. That's a good suggestion.

www.wizards.com/magic/comprules/MagicCom...

There's the Comprehensive Rulebook. Go study it, and figure it out for yourself.

Please don't feed the trolls ;)
also if a trample has and infect ability does it count as a counter IF i pass dmg through a creature blocking.

What I think you mean is: "If a creature has trample and infect, will it give the player poison counters if damage passes through?"

Yes, if a creature with trample deals enough damage to destroy a creature, you may assign the remaining damage to the defending player. Since infect creatures deal damage in the form of poison counters, the remaining damage assigned to the player will be in the form of poison counters.
56761258 wrote:
Oh, there's a rule for that.
There are 3 kinds of MTG players:
Show
1. The newbies who accept your correct knowledge of the rules. 2. The stubborn intermediate players who challenge your knowledge of the rules, and it takes exact rules to convince them. They refuse to accept your knowledge even when you've proved them wrong time and time again. 3. The experts who is nearly always right, but refuse to believe you when they're wrong.
To Autocard: [c]Island[/c] = Island [c=Island]Blue FTW[/c] = Blue FTW