[WoA] Chambers and exploration

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Let's say i've placed my chamber tiles, and i come to an unexplored edge of one of them...  Do i just place a new regular tile there?  Do i place a tile from the chambers deck in case i still have chamber tiles left?  Do I place no tile?
Let's say i've placed my chamber tiles, and i come to an unexplored edge of one of them...  Do i just place a new regular tile there?  Do i place a tile from the chambers deck in case i still have chamber tiles left?  Do I place no tile?

You place a regular tile from the tile stack.  The only reason you would use all the chamber tiles is if you pull the large chamber tile, which will use up all the chamber tiles.

I have a related question.  We just got the game and I've never played any of the previous versions.
The rules indicate you place a tile at the beginning of the Exploration phase, when a hero ends his Hero phase on the edge of a tile. Then the Villain phase starts and the pulled monster acts.
To me this seems like the monsters always attack first?

I'm I wrong in the way this should play out?
It would have been nice to have a little play narrative written out, like some of the books include.
thanks.
You are correct. You place the tile and a monster, then at the end of your villain phase the monster gets to act/attack.