Magic Arcana / Card of the Day / Daily Deck for November, 2011

200 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of magicthegathering.com's Magic Arcana, Card of the Day, and Daily Decks features for the month of November, 2011.
Funny how I've only read 4 Magic novels in my life (well, almost 5 now) and half of the books mentioned were ones that I read.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
hai vekkie
[21:07] [Ragnarokio] there might be more than 30 zebras after all Rag: regular mafia should be practice for white flag
The goblin pauper deck plays Chain lightning but no Lightning Bolt!?  Confused...
So... we can safely assume the development guys all played Fable, huh?
Lots and lots of Fable.
The goblin pauper deck plays Chain lightning but no Lightning Bolt!?  Confused...

And only 56 cards...

Innistrad land art ftw!
The art for the promo go for the throat is awesome I will have to stop by my FNM place and pick some up.
Besides a different artist how is that alternate art?
Same position of attacker and victim, nearly the same expression on the victim.  yuk.
HOLY smokes it isn't even a different artist!  I don't get it.
It's different enough. The victim actually looks scared on that one. On the original, the victim just looked annoyed.

IMAGE(http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=213799&type=card)Go For the ThroatI got mine and I like it.
I always find funny, how the show us at the end of ever month the new FNM as a fresh new, but we already know that month card like from almos a month and a half ago, like for instance, the December FNM is savage lands.
I wish they'd bring back the FNM logo on the FNM foils. The generic swoosh-and-star just doesn't do it for me.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Geist-Honored Monk at last. I've waited weeks for this.

Cheers Montykins.
Oh no... is that horrible brown blob on the left-hand side going to be a consistent feature of the Innistrad wallpapers? I can't even chop off the left-hand third of the image with this one like I could with Paraselene, because you've covered up her hand with it!

Why this brown cog? It's not like it looks like you're looking at the art through a window of some Innistrad home or something. It's not even in the shape of the Avacyn logo. It's just... a mucky brown splodge covering up nice bits of the artwork. 

It defies understanding even more than the notoriously bad Dralnu, Lich Lord wallpaper from a few years back. At least that one was focusing on interesting bits of the artwork, even if it did so in an impression of a demented cut-and-paster. Here it's just like... someone threw some mud over the top of the Geist-Honored Monk. Why?!
I have to admit, the "frame" on a lot of wallpapers seems distracting/unneccessary.  I know it's for set identification, but isn't there a less-obtrusive way to do that?  The art is amazing, and that's what the wallpapers should be: 99% -- if not 100% -- art.
Nobody likes frames on wallpapers.

And gum is DEFINITELY not food. It's just something you put in your mouth.
In my opinion I think the frames in the walpapers are really unneccessary, it doesn't work at all for the image in intangible virtue, for Geist-Honored Monk in the other hand it might be good, because the composition of the image helps it to keep balanced, however the red shade kind of ruins it, because it doesn't match the color scheme of the given art piece. WoTC, you have a lot of resources, can't you hire a better designer to do the job, I think it would really improve the appeal of your wallpapers
Oh no... is that horrible brown blob on the left-hand side going to be a consistent feature of the Innistrad wallpapers? I can't even chop off the left-hand third of the image with this one like I could with Paraselene, because you've covered up her hand with it!

www.monstergirlz.blogspot.com/

Here it's just like... someone threw some mud over the top of the Geist-Honored Monk. Why?!

damascus5.deviantart.com/#/d4bbwpk

I find it interesting that other than the -1/-0, it is obvious what animate dead does by 2 words-animate dead. And yet you all come across as being really condescending and self-righteous over how you make cards instead of just respecting the fact that with a wording that is 'way off' they made a game back then in a way that was so resonant you have a job today. Show some freaking respect man.

It's not like your ilk is making the greatest players of this era mad at you now, so on top of that, you may not have a job tomorrow.

I think it's about time we got a "functionally similar, but mechanically functional" version of Animate Dead. Something like:

Reanimate Dead      1B
Enchantment
When Reanimate Dead enters the battlefield, put a creature token onto the battlefield that is a copy of target creature card in a graveyard.
Tokens created by Reanimate Dead get -1/-0.
When Reanimated Dead leaves the battlefield, sacrifice all tokens created by Reanimate Dead.

It's not super clean or functionally identical, but I think it gets the point across.
Wow awesome loam deck, I really want to check it out for a legacy tournament. Unfortunately I checked the card prices and it costs more than I paid for my car ~$1300usd. Maybe wizards should reprint some cards for legacy so people can play sweet decks like this!
Re: Animate Dead. How about:

Animate Dead - 1B

Enchantment

Imprint - When Animate Dead enters the battlefield, if it's on the battlefield, imprint a creature card in any graveyard onto it. Animate Dead becomes a creature that is a copy of the imprinted creature card. (It's still an enchantment.)   

If Animate Dead is a creature, it gets -1/-0.

Heh, it reads funny. But it is slightly shorter. And I think it plays mostly the same. It'd be an Enchantment Creature, which is not thad different from a March of the Machines when you have a Mycosynth Lattice out. And just like an original "animated" creature, it can be dealt with by either naturalizing the enchantment or regular creature death.

However, I'm not sure about the cards' names and casting costs. I think it would be an "Animate Dead" creature with CC 1B, so, that would play differently whenever the "dead" card's name or CC would have been relevant.

Oh, I should go look for the Melvin forums ...
The new Animate Dead art…it's zombie Sun Titan! Sweet!
However, I'm not sure about the cards' names and casting costs. I think it would be an "Animate Dead" creature with CC 1B, so, that would play differently whenever the "dead" card's name or CC would have been relevant.

Since it becomes a copy of the creature, all aspects would be copied (except for the added Enchantment type), but if there was an effect "Destroy black Aura", that wouldn't work the same anymore.

Edit: Besides, the -1/-0 rider would be overridden by the copy effect.

There's that, and it would have a weird interaction with Pull from Eternity which the original hasn't. And a simple Unsummon effect wouldn't work as expected either.

Not to mention "Protection from black" creatures. Nope, your version doesn't work on too many levels.
Re: Animate Dead. How about:

Animate Dead - 1B

Enchantment

Imprint - When Animate Dead enters the battlefield, if it's on the battlefield, imprint a creature card in any graveyard onto it. Animate Dead becomes a creature that is a copy of the imprinted creature card. (It's still an enchantment.)   

If Animate Dead is a creature, it gets -1/-0.

Heh, it reads funny. But it is slightly shorter. And I think it plays mostly the same. It'd be an Enchantment Creature, which is not thad different from a March of the Machines when you have a Mycosynth Lattice out. And just like an original "animated" creature, it can be dealt with by either naturalizing the enchantment or regular creature death.

Oh, I should go look for the Melvin forums ...

Heh, nice try but that version won't get any Enter-the-Battlefield abilities, nor will you be able to make choices that would normally be made when entering the battlefield (like Iona). Your version makes not being able to effectively reanimate Iona, and all of a sudden allowing Animate Dead to reanimate Akroma... whoops
This must be a joke. I don't believe that they'd print that text on a card. Maybe they're waiting to reveal some sort of new keyword or terminology?
Maybe they're waiting to reveal some sort of new keyword or terminology?

Doubtful.
The Animate Dead shown has ten lines of text.  The Animate Dead partially visible in the Graveborn product shot also has ten lines of text.

if there was an effect "Destroy black Aura", that wouldn't work the same anymore.

... Besides, the -1/-0 rider would be overridden by the copy effect.

... it would have a weird interaction with Pull from Eternity which the original hasn't. And a simple Unsummon effect wouldn't work as expected either.

Not to mention "Protection from black" creatures ...

... that version won't get any Enter-the-Battlefield abilities, nor will you be able to make choices that would normally be made when entering the battlefield (like Iona). Your version makes not being able to effectively reanimate Iona, and all of a sudden allowing Animate Dead to reanimate Akroma... whoops

Hah! I guess I missed a *few* (read: a ton of) details. This must be one of those cards that is too flavourful, at the expense of mechanical simplicity.

One could also go with something like the Aurification route.

Enchantment

When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, if it's on the battlefield, put target creature card in any graveyard onto the battlefield under your control, and put a reanimation counter on it.
    Creatures with reanimation counters get -1/-0.
    When CARDNAME leaves the battlefield, its controller sacrifices a creature that has a reanimation counter on it.

But obviously, multiples would not work as one would like.

Anyway, if the real Animate Dead didn't have to lose "enchant creature in any graveyard" it would be one whole line slimmer.
Hah! I guess I missed a *few* (read: a ton of) details. This must be one of those cards that is too flavourful, at the expense of mechanical simplicity.

One could also go with something like the Aurification route.

Enchantment

When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, if it's on the battlefield, put target creature card in any graveyard onto the battlefield under your control, and put a reanimation counter on it.
    Creatures with reanimation counters get -1/-0.
    When CARDNAME leaves the battlefield, its controller sacrifices a creature that has a reanimation counter on it.

But obviously, multiples would not work as one would like.

Anyway, if the real Animate Dead didn't have to lose "enchant creature in any graveyard" it would be one whole line slimmer.

That version also doesn't work with protection-from-black creatures.  With a normal Animate Dead, the enchantment would fall off once state-based actions were checked, and the creature would die as a result.

I find it interesting that other than the -1/-0, it is obvious what animate dead does by 2 words-animate dead. And yet you all come across as being really condescending and self-righteous over how you make cards instead of just respecting the fact that with a wording that is 'way off' they made a game back then in a way that was so resonant you have a job today. Show some freaking respect man.

It's not like your ilk is making the greatest players of this era mad at you now, so on top of that, you may not have a job tomorrow.

Of course, the problem is that when Magic was first inaugurated, tournament play (and on a tangent, who was or was not among the "best players") wasn't exactly a consideration--and therefore, neither were the most spiteful editions of rules lawyers (the not-spiteful can be identified when they argue a point that, if left uncontested, would have left them in the BETTER position). Unfortunately, attempts to interdict said spiteful edition of rules lawyers required exactly THIS sort of clumsiness.

I still wonder if giving official tournaments prominence was really a good thing for the game as a whole, putting aside popularity concerns. This was supposed to be Vorthos-primary at onset, not Spike-primary...

Maybe they're waiting to reveal some sort of new keyword or terminology?

Doubtful.
The Animate Dead shown has ten lines of text.  The Animate Dead partially visible in the Graveborn product shot also has ten lines of text.

Damn. I hadn't noticed that.

Major disappointment that they'd actually print such a clunky card now.

What would happen if they changed the rules to say that the target of an aura needs to fulfil the criteria when the spell resolves - if it changes to an invalid target, the aura doesn't fall off since it's already on. Would that actually change anything significantly other than making stuff like Animate Dead a lot easier to read?
Wow.. Animate Dead would have been a great choice for a full-art textless version. :/
It's likely that there's a rule or set of rules that prevent this from being viable, but what if Animate Dead were changed into a Sorcery?

Animate Dead
1B
Sorcery
Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.  Animate Dead becomes an Enchantment - Aura with "enchant creature" and "When Animate Dead leaves the battlefield, enchanted creature's controller sacrifices it.  Enchanted creature gets -1/-0."  Attach Animate Dead to the creature put onto the battlefield with Animate Dead.
And here's what it was changed to in 2007, when the invention of "Aura" let the text box hold the complicated description of what exactly an aura was supposed to be enchanting:

Given that the word "Aura" appeared in the previous text, it clearly wasn't the introduction of that terminology that lead to the new wording, but rather the printing of Spellweaver Volute opening the door to Auras enchanting cards that aren't on the battlefield.

Anyway, it seems to me that the cleanest way to do Animate Dead 2.0 would just be this:

Journey Back
Enchantment
When Journey Back enters the battlefield, return target creature from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control.
When Journey Back leaves the battlefield, exile the returned creature.

Obviously there are some pretty huge functional differences, and it leads to the possibility to do a version of the O-Ring trick in revese, but it still plays similarly while actually working, and even having room for flavour text.
blah blah metal lyrics
Anyway, it seems to me that the cleanest way to do Animate Dead 2.0 would just be this:

Journey Back
Enchantment
When Journey Back enters the battlefield, return target creature from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control.
When Journey Back leaves the battlefield, exile the returned creature.

Obviously there are some pretty huge functional differences, and it leads to the possibility to do a version of the O-Ring trick in revese, but it still plays similarly while actually working, and even having room for flavour text.

You may have noticed that Dance of Many effectively accomplished the same thing with tokens.

Monty doesn't even mention all the fun that was involved with the phrase "enchant dead creature". For example, for a while people were transfering Animate Dead to other creatures with 1Crown of the Ages. Four mana to bring back a creature every turn, and only the most recent ever has to worry about the enchantment staying in play. Eventually a judge ruled that it only worked on a "dead creature" ("the new target must be legal") in play (even though the ability is not targeted). Or, in other words, you could only transfer Animate Dead to another creature returned by Animate Dead (since that's the only thing that puts a "dead creature" in play while keeping it a "dead creature").

So could you then use several Animate Deads and transfer all of them to one whipping boy to liberate the other creatures? Well, that depends on the printing... and the judge... and the prevailing notion of how enchantments _should_ work at the time. This is one of the edge cases that tested and defined the rules for years to come, all because it takes the normally conjoined acts of targeting and enchanting on an Aura and breaks them in half.

And if you think the text it ended up with is weird, check out the original text for Takklemaggot, which could have been a lot shorter if "enchant player" had existed at the time.
The problem with animate dead is that the rule "Enchant ~" means twho things:

- One, that you can only target ~
- And two, that it may enchant ~

Usually both are the same thing, but not for animate dead.

There's two possible solutions, change the way you target, or change which permanent the enchantment is allowed to enchant. The current wording uses this latter solution, i think it is cleaner the first one.

------------------------------
Animate Dead   1B

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature
Animate Dead may only target creatures in a graveyard.
If Animate Dead would would enter the battlefield, return targeted creature from the graveyard to the battlefield under your control instead. If you do, animate dead comes into the battlefield enchanting it. If you don't put it in its owners graveyard.
Enchanted creature gets -1/-0
When Animate Dead leaves the battlefield, enchanted creature's controller sacrifices it.
---------------------------------

The only weird thing in this way, is that you talk about the targeted creature, which is unusual in auras; but overall, i think it is a better wording.
it is unreal to see that modern version of the text is not any better than the original one
Even better, and following more closely modern version of the text:

------------------------------
Animate Dead   1B

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature
Animate Dead may only target creatures in a graveyard.
When Animate Dead enters the battlefield, return targeted creature from the graveyard to the battlefield under your control and attach animate dead to it. When Animate Dead leaves the battlefield, enchanted creature's controller sacrifices it.
Enchanted creature gets -1/-0
--------------------------------- 

This version would almost be printable nowadays, and it would stand at only 7 lines of text.
art is sweet, though
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
art is sweet, though

I prefer the old art just because it actually feels like an enchantment is being place on the dead; and if that enchantment is lifted, it'll cease to be.