[LoD] Newbie questions

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Got Drizzt last night and played our first game, but I have some questions:

1 - On Bruenor's card it says that when he levels up he gets an additional fighter daily power, yet the game only has utility power cards for his character. Should you take one of those instead? Follow up: If I have access to other games in the series, can I take a fighter daily power from Wrath of Ashardalon, for example?

2 - Drizzt's daily power Twin Strike says "Attack 1 adjacent monster, then attack 1 adjacent monster." Am I correct in assuming it can be the same monster twice?

3 - Drow Wizard's card says he teleports to the tile with the most heroes. How do you handle a situation where each heroe is on a separate tile, that is NO tile has the most heroes, though several have one each? Do you randomize, move to the closest hero, or does the wizard do nothing?

4 - Similar to the above, how do you handle situations where monsters attack the "closest" hero, if there is  more than hero at equal distances from the monster?

Thanks for the help.
Got Drizzt last night and played our first game, but I have some questions:

1 - On Bruenor's card it says that when he levels up he gets an additional fighter daily power, yet the game only has utility power cards for his character. Should you take one of those instead? Follow up: If I have access to other games in the series, can I take a fighter daily power from Wrath of Ashardalon, for example?

Allowing him to take a fighter daily power from another set seems like a good solution to me.  You might also consider letting Bruenor recharge his power strike when he levels up.  Allowing him to take another utility is an option as well.

2 - Drizzt's daily power Twin Strike says "Attack 1 adjacent monster, then attack 1 adjacent monster." Am I correct in assuming it can be the same monster twice?

Yes.  Powers that require you to strike the same target twice will say so.

3 - Drow Wizard's card says he teleports to the tile with the most heroes. How do you handle a situation where each heroe is on a separate tile, that is NO tile has the most heroes, though several have one each? Do you randomize, move to the closest hero, or does the wizard do nothing?

If multiple tiles are appropriate, then we let the players choose which one he teleports to.

4 - Similar to the above, how do you handle situations where monsters attack the "closest" hero, if there is  more than hero at equal distances from the monster?

We let the players choose, as above. 

Thanks!