Next block's theme?

62 posts / 0 new
Last post
what theme do you want to see..


we had the metal robot phase with mirrdion the aladin theme with arbian night and currtenly in the gothic van helsin theme with innistrad..


what's a theme you want to see come back or any new theme.. all idea are welcome


I want to see a roman war theme like the movie 300 ( THIS IS SPARRRRTTTAAAA!!!) <<< sorry had to do it :-)        
I want a Japanese theme, ahem, a return to kamigawa, where it brings elements of Ravnica into it.  Case in point, set Kamigawa 1000 years into the future.  The theme would be giant robots and 5 people in spandex suits can represent each of the allied colored guilds, while another group of 5 opposing people in spandex suits can represent the enemy colored guilds.  The enemy colored guilds have lackeys that have no eyebrows, because um bad guys in this plane have no eyebrows, and their robots have one eye.
Nah Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah... SPORTSCENTER... THE PLACE FOR SPORTS
considering we just went from Terminator theme to Twilight... idk, harry potter?

ok, dont kill me for that xD seriously tho, I'd like to return to Ravnica, but I REALLY... REALLY!!! want another timespiral-esque block Innocent
A return to Ravnica is what I want to see, hopefully with the return of Niv-Mizzet as a planeswalker (dont hate :P)
It is widely speculated next block will return to Ravnica.  Based on that, the block will be multicolored.  The main iteration of multicolored that has not been explored is wedge colors, so I speculate that will be the design focus.

I would speculate that the flavor theme will be the conflicts arising out of the fall of the Guildpact.  To build on the wedge colors, either the ten guilds will be combined into wedge color pairs, with some uneasy alliances, or an entirely new structure of five competing wedge-colored groups will have arisen.

If I'm right, expect an Alara triland in wedge colors to be in the new set.  It was curious that these lands weren't printed in Commander, so perhaps they were thinking ahead to this set?
It is widely speculated next block will return to Ravnica.




It was widely speculated the next block was a return to Ravnica.
Based on a unconfirmed source on MTG salvation.
Who then recanted his source saying that the next block will not be Ravnica.
WotC will buy the rights of Wizard of Oz, of Gulliver's Travels and of Alice in Wonderland, and make a block about it. 

You heard it here first.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
WotC will buy the rights of Wizard of Oz, of Gulliver's Travels and of Alice in Wonderland, and make a block about it. 

You heard it here first.



Aren't all of those in the public domain by now?  (Wizard of Oz may be new enough to have been caught in Disney's constant push for copyright extensions, but the others should be free to exploit.)
It is widely speculated next block will return to Ravnica.




It was widely speculated the next block was a return to Ravnica.
Based on a unconfirmed source on MTG salvation.
Who then recanted his source saying that the next block will not be Ravnica.



There are other reasons for the speculation.  The next block is 7 years since Ravnica.  Ravnica was popular, and thus likely to be revisited sometime.  Multicolor is popular, and there have been three blocks without multicolor.  Ravnica would be the ideal place to reprint Modern format staples like the shocklands.

I'll be very surprised if Wizards doesn't go back to Ravnica in both 2012's block and 2013's block.
WotC will buy the rights of Wizard of Oz, of Gulliver's Travels and of Alice in Wonderland, and make a block about it. 

You heard it here first.



Aren't all of those in the public domain by now?  (Wizard of Oz may be new enough to have been caught in Disney's constant push for copyright extensions, but the others should be free to exploit.)


You're right, all public domain, including Wizard of Oz.  That would explain why we haven't heard about any transaction between WotC and those stories for next block.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
More phyrexians. That's all I want. There never can be too many phyrexians.
Photobucket
It is widely speculated next block will return to Ravnica.




It was widely speculated the next block was a return to Ravnica.
Based on a unconfirmed source on MTG salvation.
Who then recanted his source saying that the next block will not be Ravnica.



There are other reasons for the speculation.  The next block is 7 years since Ravnica.  Ravnica was popular, and thus likely to be revisited sometime.  Multicolor is popular, and there have been three blocks without multicolor.  Ravnica would be the ideal place to reprint Modern format staples like the shocklands.

I'll be very surprised if Wizards doesn't go back to Ravnica in both 2012's block and 2013's block.



7 years is relevant how? Sure, it's likely that there will be a return "sometime", like you said, but why does it have to be next block? Same goes for multicolor: they'll do it again, but why would it be the next block? The fact that it's been speculated that Ravnica's next doesn't mean anything either, especially since the source of this speculation has apparently changed their mind. I'd like to return to Ravnica, but I'm not yet going to hang my hat on the idea of the next block doing so. And why on earth would they use Ravnica for two blocks in a row?
I'd like an to see an ancient Egyptian theme with cards like Vengeful Pharaoh.
I'd like an to see an ancient Egyptian theme with cards like Vengeful Pharaoh.



I seem to recall MaRo saying an Egyptian themed block was on his "to do list"
And egyptian god cards. Cept better than yu-gi-ohs and actually based on egyptian gods.
Wizard of Oz would be full of win. I would buy 2 boxes.

Eqyptian them would be cool too, with Traps, Curses, tombs, mummies, shifting deserts, sandstorms, etc.

~ Tim
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
On Ravnica...the thing is it feels too soon.  With Alara they were like "surprise, we brought back multicolour sooner than the 5 years you expected." and then when it was done said "Ok, multicolour will have a good long break now".  Next year would be a 4 year break, which would be afully fast.

Now, maybe a hybrid-mana Ravnica block....

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Scars of Equestria.

More seriously, if they return to Ravnica, they're going to do something oddball to make it not feel exactly like the original.  I think wedge colors would be a cool possibility.
And why on earth would they use Ravnica for two blocks in a row?



In case that wasn't clear, I was saying that, once the 2012 and 2013 sets are revealed, I would be very surprised if neither of them were a return to Ravnica.  I would not expect the same non-Dominaria plane to be used for two blocks in a row.
You know what would be hilarious in the egyptian themed block is if they returned the morph mechanic and the trap instants.

So basically, you play your instant face down as a 2/2 creature, (because they haven't done a non-creature with a morph mechanic), then when some event happens to some creature, such as it gets damaged, or gets -1/-1, or it gets enchanted, then a cheaper cost can be used to flip it face up, then when you do, an event happens.

The theme of the block is "Yeah, we're doing like Yugioh, but better".

Oh, and one more thing  "IT'S A TRAP.  You just have to imagine me with a squidhead".
Nah Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah... SPORTSCENTER... THE PLACE FOR SPORTS
considering we just went from Terminator theme to Twilight... idk, harry potter?

ok, dont kill me for that xD seriously tho, I'd like to return to Ravnica, but I REALLY... REALLY!!! want another timespiral-esque block 



Harry Potter? Like with wizards, Snakes, spiders, werewolves, specters, Dragons, and Magical Trees?
Its going to eat me!
Quotes and such
57044478 wrote:
57311168 wrote:
What happens if there's a tie for first?
Monkey knife fight
And egyptian god cards.


We have those.
Scars of Equestria.


I could see Phyrexia assimilating Pinkie then having all it's intricate clockworky hivemind go to shambles in seconds.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Eldrazi are from Egypt? More like Lovecraft Cthulhu-mythos :D
Lightning Bolt says BOOM!
I don't get what makes the mythic Eldrazi cards "Egyptian God Cards". Is it some part of their MtG mythos? Or is it in some perceived connection to something from Yugioh? (I never played Yugioh)

I don't get what makes the mythic Eldrazi cards "Egyptian God Cards". Is it some part of their MtG mythos? Or is it in some perceived connection to something from Yugioh? (I never played Yugioh)


It's from Yugioh. They are three very expensive to play, very powerful (to game-warping levels), god-like cards. Their "attribute" (equivalent to color in Magic) is unique to them.

[<o>]
As for future themes, I really want to see an ancient Egyptian setting.  I'd also like to see the underground world and the Magic meets Wild West world created by the competitors in the last Great Designer Search.

I don't get what makes the mythic Eldrazi cards "Egyptian God Cards". Is it some part of their MtG mythos? Or is it in some perceived connection to something from Yugioh? (I never played Yugioh)


It's from Yugioh. They are three very expensive to play, very powerful (to game-warping levels), god-like cards. Their "attribute" (equivalent to color in Magic) is unique to them.




Huh. If that's all there is to it, it seems more like something that people who disliked the Eldrazi and wanted to "discredit" them would say. Nothing brings up a sour taste in an MtG player's mouth like a comparison to Yugioh, it seems.

I don't get what makes the mythic Eldrazi cards "Egyptian God Cards". Is it some part of their MtG mythos? Or is it in some perceived connection to something from Yugioh? (I never played Yugioh)


It's from Yugioh. They are three very expensive to play, very powerful (to game-warping levels), god-like cards. Their "attribute" (equivalent to color in Magic) is unique to them.




Huh. If that's all there is to it, it seems more like something that people who disliked the Eldrazi and wanted to "discredit" them would say. Nothing brings up a sour taste in an MtG player's mouth like a comparison to Yugioh, it seems.


Well, that and they were also printed in a set that encouraged huge creatures smashing into eachother (Nothing wrong with that, I loved Rise sealed, but that's pretty much how most Yugioh games went), that also had Silent Swordsman, Level 7. And they employ similarly verbose nomenclature. And so on. I've come up with a list of like 12 things before I think, but I always forget what all of them are. In any case, while I've vehemently lost interest in Yugioh, I nonetheless use it as an affectionate nickname, the kind mentioned with a knowing wink.

Although now that you mention it, I have found the Eldrazi kind of boring. Like, I don't have anything against them, but after I built a deck around them I kinda stopped playing it because it wasn't any fun. Just "Cryptic Gateway Emmy... huh, now what? I guess I could swing, but then I would win, and once I win I would cease playing magic for a little while." Though they have found a new home in my Heretic's Punishment deck.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
True, I think the Eldrazi are the most interesting in their least obvious applications, and vice-versa.
A block centered around Norse mythology would be fab. Smile
TimeSpiral 2
Take a look at the codenames for the sets.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Magic:_The...

The block coming up has the codenames Hook, Line, and Sinker.  Maybe some merfolk love?  After all, we're getting that Merfolk planeswalker.

Roman-themed block after that is my guess.

Then, possibly, Duck Tales?  Gizmoduck!
Take a look at the codenames for the sets.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Magic:_The...

The block coming up has the codenames Hook, Line, and Sinker.  Maybe some merfolk love?  After all, we're getting that Merfolk planeswalker.

Roman-themed block after that is my guess.



Alara was Rock, Paper, Scissors. Zendikar was Live, Long, Prosper. Scars was Lights, Camera, Action. Ravnica was Control, Alt, Delete. Mirrodin was Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato! These codenames have nothing to do with the block's theme.

[<o>]
No, they're just codenames.  Unless you think Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato being a good fit for an artifact block.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Don't crush a person's dreams like that! :P

I still think we'll see some merfolk action in the near-future though.
Lights, camera, action! Was fitting to Scars' art direction. But that's it.
Photobucket
You know what would be hilarious in the egyptian themed block is if they returned the morph mechanic and the trap instants.

So basically, you play your instant face down as a 2/2 creature, (because they haven't done a non-creature with a morph mechanic)



Really, non-creature?
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.
You know what would be hilarious in the egyptian themed block is if they returned the morph mechanic and the trap instants.

So basically, you play your instant face down as a 2/2 creature, (because they haven't done a non-creature with a morph mechanic)



Really, non-creature?


Yep, non-creature
You can only have permanents with morph, because their are effects that can  flip morphs, and instants can't be in play or the universe implodes.  You could have something functionally similar, like an enchantment with flash, morph, and a "sacrifice when flipped or entering the battlefield" trigger, but flavor-wise it would be convoluted.
You know what would be hilarious in the egyptian themed block is if they returned the morph mechanic and the trap instants.

So basically, you play your instant face down as a 2/2 creature, (because they haven't done a non-creature with a morph mechanic)



Really, non-creature?


Yep, non-creature


How about that? non-creature
As for future themes, I really want to see an ancient Egyptian setting.  I'd also like to see the underground world and the Magic meets Wild West world created by the competitors in the last Great Designer Search.



I didn't like the underground-world for an entire block, or even an entire set.


But the Wild West plane?

That blew my mind. The best plane idea yet.