I need a leader build that grants lots of MBA's

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was going to build a caster/ranged person for our all melee group but nothing caught my interest, so another guy is going to cast. I want to be a leader. I think granting MBA's and maybe some healing would be cool. The most important is granting MBA's or buffing our team. We have a charger and a knight on our team so MBA's would be nice for them. Or if you have any better ideas for a leader that could be 80% helping the team rather than doing damage himself, please do post the build.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention the group is at level 10 right now, it is all melee and will have one caster and then my leader.
Warlord.

That pretty much fits every single criteria you want. 
Obviously Warlord is a good start. I am looking for a fun build though. Something unusual.
the warlord or shaman are the best classes for granting attacks.  Though I think the warlord is actually the best at it.  For buffing though, the warlord is not as good as some of the other leader's.  You could make a warlord / cleric hybrid to get battle cleric's lore for some scale armor, buffs on your cleric healing etc.  Cleric powers are pretty solid as well for buffing / debuffing while your warlord side would give you enabling threw basic attacks, charges etc.  It could be a very powerful combination.

You could try to go for a polearm gamble build with this, considering that you would probably boost STR and WIS anyway.  Getting the 15 dex though could be harsh since dex is not a secondary of either classes i recommended.  But if you want it, it can be done. 
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

the warlord or shaman are the best classes for granting attacks.  Though I think the warlord is actually the best at it.  For buffing though, the warlord is not as good as some of the other leader's.  You could make a warlord / cleric hybrid to get battle cleric's lore for some scale armor, buffs on your cleric healing etc.  Cleric powers are pretty solid as well for buffing / debuffing while your warlord side would give you enabling threw basic attacks, charges etc.  It could be a very powerful combination.

You could try to go for a polearm gamble build with this, considering that you would probably boost STR and WIS anyway.  Getting the 15 dex though could be harsh since dex is not a secondary of either classes i recommended.  But if you want it, it can be done. 

Seconded.  I played this over the summer.  So much fun.  You'll either want to go STR/CHA or WIS/CHA with lazy powers, I think.  Both have applications.  I was considering going WIS/CHA and taking all lazy Warlord powers to abuse Pacifist Healer.
I had a bard/warlord Dragonborn hybrid that looked like a lot of fun to play. I am secretly hoping our group dies so I can play it
I will do somemessing around with Warlord Shaman and see how it goes. I do like buffing, and I do like granting attacks so it might work out

Any suggestions on feats or MC combos that work well with it let me know. 
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...(Deva_ShamanWarlordFlame_of_HopeSoul_of_the_World)?pg=1

It's a solid build that I played from level 1 to 7.  It was quite a bit of fun.  I'm sure it can give you some ideas at least.
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...(Deva_ShamanWarlordFlame_of_HopeSoul_of_the_World)?pg=1

It's a solid build that I played from level 1 to 7.  It was quite a bit of fun.  I'm sure it can give you some ideas at least.

It won't let me take spirit infusion on a hybrid now. Kinda wierd.
To take an at-will that is associated with a specific companion spirit, you have to have chosen the appropriate spirit.  In the case of Spirit Infusion, you must take Elemental Spirit.

t~

edit: and I am also having a lot of fun with a Flameswitch inspired build.
Yeah I figured that out a little bit after posting that LOL

Here is my current build idea, not a single attack power, all buffs an granting attacks/saves/healing. The reason I didn't do attacks is I wanted Spirit infusion which took my Shaman AW power. Then with my focus being on Int/Wis I couldn't very well take a Warlord attack power because they are all STR and with 10 STR I would never hit anything. But it turned out fine anyhow. I took items that give the melee folks bonuses to my granted attacks and they would do much more damage than I would anyhow, so i give it to them.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
MBA granting, level 10
Deva, Shaman/Warlord
Companion Spirit (Hybrid) Option: Elemental Spirit (Hybrid)
Hybrid Shaman Option: Hybrid Shaman Will
Warlord Leadership Option: Combat Leader (Hybrid)
Hybrid Warlord Option: Hybrid Warlord Will
Hybrid Talent Option: Warlord Armor Proficiency
Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)
Theme: Order Adept

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 9, DEX 12, INT 20, WIS 18, CHA 14

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 9, DEX 12, INT 16, WIS 14, CHA 14

AC: 25 Fort: 18 Ref: 24 Will: 26
HP: 77 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 19

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +19, Athletics +9, Heal +16, Religion +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +9, Endurance +3, History +12, Insight +9, Intimidate +7, Nature +9, Perception +9, Stealth +5, Streetwise +7, Thievery +5

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Order Adept Attack: Argent Rain
Deva Racial Power: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Shaman Feature: Call Spirit Companion
Shaman Feature: Healing Spirit
Shaman Feature: Speak with Spirits
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Shaman Attack 1: Spirit Infusion
Warlord Attack 1: Direct the Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Provocative Order
Shaman Attack 1: Great Watcher Spirit
Shaman Utility 2: Spirits of Battle
Shaman Attack 3: Sly Fox Spirit
Warlord Attack 5: A Rock and a Hard Place
Warlord Utility 6: Rousing Words
Warlord Attack 7: Friendly Fire
Warlord Attack 9: Warlord's Recovery
Warlord Utility 10: Defensive Rally

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Divine Healer
Level 4: Spirit of Vigor
Level 6: Lend Might
Level 8: Battle Intuition
Level 10: Improved Defenses

ITEMS
Greater Storm Shield Light Shield (heroic tier) x1
Tactician's Bonemail Armor +2 x1
Chieftain's Trident +2 x1
Medic's Amulet +2 x1
Bracers of Escape (heroic tier) x1
Boots of Free Movement x1
Gloves of the Healer (paragon tier) x1
Gaj Headdress (heroic tier) x1
Viper Belt x1
====== End ======

I was going to build a caster/ranged person for our all melee group but nothing caught my interest, so another guy is going to cast. I want to be a leader. I think granting MBA's and maybe some healing would be cool. The most important is granting MBA's or buffing our team. We have a charger and a knight on our team so MBA's would be nice for them. Or if you have any better ideas for a leader that could be 80% helping the team rather than doing damage himself, please do post the build.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention the group is at level 10 right now, it is all melee and will have one caster and then my leader.

My suggestion would be to go with a straight Genasi Archer Warlord (Tactical or Resourceful presense, 18 STR/18 INT/13 CHR/11 CON). With only the caster having ranged abilities that's a big hole in the party's ability to handle various encounters.

Yeah I figured that out a little bit after posting that LOL

Here is my current build idea, not a single attack power, all buffs an granting attacks/saves/healing. The reason I didn't do attacks is I wanted Spirit infusion which took my Shaman AW power. Then with my focus being on Int/Wis I couldn't very well take a Warlord attack power because they are all STR and with 10 STR I would never hit anything. But it turned out fine anyhow. I took items that give the melee folks bonuses to my granted attacks and they would do much more damage than I would anyhow, so i give it to them.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
MBA granting, level 10
Deva, Shaman/Warlord
Companion Spirit (Hybrid) Option: Elemental Spirit (Hybrid)
Hybrid Shaman Option: Hybrid Shaman Will
Warlord Leadership Option: Combat Leader (Hybrid)
Hybrid Warlord Option: Hybrid Warlord Will
Hybrid Talent Option: Warlord Armor Proficiency
Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)
Theme: Order Adept

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 9, DEX 12, INT 20, WIS 18, CHA 14

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 9, DEX 12, INT 16, WIS 14, CHA 14

AC: 25 Fort: 18 Ref: 24 Will: 26
HP: 77 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 19

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +19, Athletics +9, Heal +16, Religion +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +9, Endurance +3, History +12, Insight +9, Intimidate +7, Nature +9, Perception +9, Stealth +5, Streetwise +7, Thievery +5

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Order Adept Attack: Argent Rain
Deva Racial Power: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Shaman Feature: Call Spirit Companion
Shaman Feature: Healing Spirit
Shaman Feature: Speak with Spirits
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Shaman Attack 1: Spirit Infusion
Warlord Attack 1: Direct the Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Provocative Order
Shaman Attack 1: Great Watcher Spirit
Shaman Utility 2: Spirits of Battle
Shaman Attack 3: Sly Fox Spirit
Warlord Attack 5: A Rock and a Hard Place
Warlord Utility 6: Rousing Words
Warlord Attack 7: Friendly Fire
Warlord Attack 9: Warlord's Recovery
Warlord Utility 10: Defensive Rally

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Divine Healer
Level 4: Spirit of Vigor
Level 6: Lend Might
Level 8: Battle Intuition
Level 10: Improved Defenses

ITEMS
Greater Storm Shield Light Shield (heroic tier) x1
Tactician's Bonemail Armor +2 x1
Chieftain's Trident +2 x1
Medic's Amulet +2 x1
Bracers of Escape (heroic tier) x1
Boots of Free Movement x1
Gloves of the Healer (paragon tier) x1
Gaj Headdress (heroic tier) x1
Viper Belt x1
====== End ======

Why did you take hybrid talent: Warlord Armor proficiency?

Just take battlefront leader as your Hybrid Warlord option -- this gives you heavy shields. With leather + your high INT, that should be good enough for your AC. 
Hmm good idea. I do like the bonus to Initiative from the commanding presence otion, but free heavy shield training is nice.
I'd say that the commanding presence is better generally but if your going for the low str arm chair commander I find ninth legion student to be really helpful. Direct the strike as MBA for opportunity attacks I'll take it. also I wrote up my own build and it ended up being a Resourceful/Animist Hybrid with a dip in Wizard through learned spellcaster to provide some tactical rituals as well as access to phantom foes, mass charm, and wrath of battle to command the enemy to implode on itself which is a nice addition to the traditional commander. I also went human for adroit explorer and legendary general with action grant so I could toss AP like candy for extra laziness.