Goyf Replacements

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aggro Replacement

Faulty Golem [old] -
Artifact Creature - Golem
Amplify 2
Changeling
At beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Faulty Golem unless you reveal a creature card from your hand.
Thranken's experiments tend to fall without regular maintenance.
0/1

Lonely Brute -
Creature - Troll
Amplify 1
Changeling
At beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Lonely Brute unless you reveal a creature card from your hand.
1/2

Aggro-Control Replacement

Rugged Falconeer [old] -
Creature - Human Rogue
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast a creature spell, transform Rugged Falconeer.
1/2
///
Dire Werehawk
Creature - Werewolf Bird
Flying
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no players cast any creature spells, transform Rugged Falconeer.
4/5

Timid Weaver -
Creature - Human Rogue
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast a creature spell, transform Rugged Falconeer.
1/2
///
Voracious Arachne
Reach
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no players cast any creature spells, transform Rugged Falconeer.
4/5
I don't like that faulty golem is an artifact; I think it's important and more interesting to keep these hyper-efficient creatures in green.
I like the amplify idea but would like to see the stats played with to keep him from being too much of a blow-out when you get lucky.
a 2/2 for with amplify 1 (not splashable though) or a 1/2 for with amplify 1 perhaps.

I assume your transform creature is checking the spells cast on the previous turn...
I would rather see a spider with reach in this design.  I'm not keen on the green flying fatty.  Green usually only gets flying tech creatures, not guys who can close the game.
yeah I really think we should be aiming to be more powerful than goyf. that's a good idea.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Dire Werehawk
Creature - Werewolf Bird

what
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
@ Knifethrower: Hmm, that could work out pretty well for both designs. To be honest, I never thought of a Spider design.

@ Razor: Correction: we should all aim towards making a conditionally better Tarmogoyf. See, it's pretty insane that Tarmogoyf is still $100 and is allowed in all formats Future Sight is legal, even if it's just a vanilla beater. Providing options that can be conditionally better or worse would lower the cost somewhat, providing more, affordable options to players.

Though, knowing you, you must be sensing a disturbing in a card's balance. ;)

@ Sebanovich: Yeah ... I think I was trying to go with a hybrid on the new creature typing on Innistrad cards and the old creature typing on Werebear.
for aggro, the idea of amplify isnt so bad but the real problem is that its a total brick late game and essentially costs a card to keep it in play.

in the control deck, the problem is that if they arent playing creatures its not a threat, so a 1/2 turn 2 doesnt do much against a control mirror of any kind.

Sign In to post comments