My First Try at Commander - Sliver Deck

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
My Commander decks! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942477/Endrek_Sahr,_Master_of_Disaster http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942329/*Rumbling_Stomach_Noises*_Guildpact_Borborygmos_Deck
Aluren  says hello.

<----- Loser.

Nice looking deck. I am new to the format so I dont know how to judge the deck. I like the Sliver theme.
This is EDH, you need more board wipes.  How many enchantments do you have?  2.  Take everything in your deck that destroys an enchantment and replace it with something that destroys all enchantments.  Same goes for artifacts.  Creatures are your strong point, so you probably don't want  to spend time board wiping those (the rest of the table will do that enough for you), though a Plague Wind has never hurt a Sliver deck.  Slivers are very fast cast cards, EDH has a drastically different mana curve than regular play so many of your instants and sorceries can be more powerful and more costly, otherwise you'll find yourself staring at a board filled with land of which you only use 2-3 per turn (that you actually draw a castable spell).

Also, you need more cards that let you draw deep into your deck (i.e. Time Reversal).  With Slivers, don't be surprised if you find yourself with no cards in hand by turn 5, and then succumb to a wipe.  You won't recover without the ability to draw multiple cards.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
The overlord tutors, so consider slivers as silver bullets. Harmonic Sliver is a must. Dormant Sliver is... bad.If he has lots of spare mana, he can fill his hand.Run all of the [c=Nameless Inversion]changeling removal, (all... 2 of it ), All of the cards that give creatures changeling Blades of Velis Vel, that sort of effect) and just steal whatever your opponents drop.

Aluren is bad. All your stuff is cheap enough that you can play it. You WANT enough mana to get your commander up, which means you're already loaded. Yeah, you could just pay to tutor for and then play stuff, but... think about what other decks will do.

Or hell, just play it and win on the turn you do.  
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
Thanks for all the suggestions and help. i greatly appreciate it.  I'll be posting an updated deck a little bit later.  I got my hands on a Harmonic Sliver and Horned Sliver and I'm going to be getting some enchantment/artifact hate soon.  The question is how much do I need to put in there and what it will replace.
My Commander decks! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942477/Endrek_Sahr,_Master_of_Disaster http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942329/*Rumbling_Stomach_Noises*_Guildpact_Borborygmos_Deck
Thanks for all the suggestions and help. i greatly appreciate it.  I'll be posting an updated deck a little bit later.  I got my hands on a Harmonic Sliver and Horned Sliver and I'm going to be getting some enchantment/artifact hate soon.  The question is how much do I need to put in there and what it will replace.

Well, that and Quick Sliver will take care of you whenever you're in the "post" position, ie when you've got Overlord up and online.
Hell, run enchantment and artifact light and you're looking at even things like Crib Swap being a source of artifact destruction when you use it one others. As such, you need removal for when you're behind. Krosan Grip stops things cold without time for a response, and other than that you want global removal. Volrath's Stronghold lets you re-search when things die, continuing the cycle... so ultimately it's Tranquility effects and things like Ostone/Disk all the way. just nuke the board anytime someone's getting out of hand for any reason (you could even use Academy Ruins to make it recurrable[/c] until you're ready to take post, then pop your general in, take control and end people with three swings each.

Think of slivers as a toolbox and goodstuff. The lord, as a 7/7 for 3 mana, is going to do a remarkable amount of your heavy lifting for you.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
No real complaints about your Slivs

What worries me is that this deck is seseptible to being mana screwed.  Your strategy has got to be to have Gemhide Sliver and your commander in as early as possible.  Therefore, I recommend you add Chromatic Lantern and/or Darksteel Ingot and/or Channel the Suns to go along with Manalith.  I'd mix in Thran Quarry into your lands, as well as all five of the Vivid series.

Even though your commander is a tutor, I'd still put in a few more tutors to get you Gemhide and/or lands.  Cultivate is screaming "put me in a five-color deck!".  My personal land fetcher is Reap and Sow because (if the Entwine is paid) it allows you to fetch a non-basic land, put it in untapped, and take out an opponent's land.  Add Diabolic Tutor and you've got the tutors you need.  

I'd give serious consideration to Cloud Key, and you HAVE to have Coat of Arms with this deck.

My final suggestion is to add in another artifact or enchantment to give your Slivs shroud, hexproof, or indestructibility.  Crystalline is a tad broken, because it prevents your Silvers from targeting your other silvers.  They have yet to introduce "All Silvers have hexproof" or "All Silvers are indestructible", so you should probably mix in Asceticism.

one word.....changeling

mirror entity
chameleon colossus