10/24/2011 Feature Article: "Re: Josh Brauer"

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Feature Article, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

I didn't really follow along with this when it was running, it's nice to have it all collected in one place.
I'll be reading it tomorrow after I get home from work.
I've been playing (with some gaps) since the late 90's. Land Destruction can be fun! I really don't get the Command Tower backlash.
I followed this a little bit and it was fairly entertaining...I got a postcard in the mail from Elder Gatstaf which also amused me a great great deal.
The Flavor for this set was awesome
I loved reading the little that I could fine so having everything together is more then I could ask for.
Justice exists only as an idea that makes the blind masses feel safe.

The only true law is that of costs. Cold, brutal economics. A man can steal as much bread as he wants, as long as he is willing to pay the price in pain and time. Murder is not evil, it is merely expensive.

By this account, Jofridus is much in debt. And soon I will collect.

Raben

Best flavor text ever
This was a great read, I actually couldn't stop until I finished it all.  By the way, is there going to be a novel for Innistrad?  I really hope so, it's such an incredible set flavor wise and would be an exceptionally interesting book.
The sword picture, particularly the cropped version that appeared on the homepage looks like Georgia O'Keefe venturing into weapon art. Anyone else see that?
Awesome story, but just curious, does anyone know what Ryan meant when at the bottom on the introductory page, he wrote, "And just for the record, I was wearing shorts the whole time."? That seems kind of... random.
Awesome story, but just curious, does anyone know what Ryan meant when at the bottom on the introductory page, he wrote, "And just for the record, I was wearing shorts the whole time."? That seems kind of... random.

In the youtube videos that were part of the story. Some of the commenters, I believe, commented that it looked like he wasn't wearing pants. And were grossed out by it. So I'm assuming he's assuring us that there's no need to be grossed out: he was wearing shorts.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)
Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this.  Both ARGs and Chaotic Fiction are great fun, and I would totally follow along again.

ARGs are fantastic if you throw yourself 100% into it, follow along with every piece, and contribute... but that takes a lot of time.

Chaotic Fiction is great because those who have the time can find and collect the pieces, and those of us who don't still get to enjoy a great story told in a unique fashion.

As for competing with new cards, art, mechanics, etc.: This one hit home for me, actually.  I followed the Josh Brauer stuff religiously... right up until the Innistrad pre-release.  At that point, the cards, the game, etc, just took over.  Only now am I getting back to finishing the story.

I think you should probably try to time your story to end on pre-release or release weekend.  Put up the final piece on the web-site on Monday or something.  Because the moment the full set gets released, that's where our interest is going to be.
Magic Judge Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Rules Theory and Templating: "They may be crazy, but they're good." --Matt Tabak, Rules Manager*
Sign In to post comments