Can't equip gear

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
So creating this Kobold Assassin (Executioner). It's now become impossible for me equip the leather armor (Wall Armor +2) or the Deep Pocket Cloak +2 in their respective slots. The builder immediately unequips them.
just ran into this myself, updating my character for tonight's game

levelled to 16, picked a feat and retrained a feat
added a custom item (boots, modified from Quickling Boots)  equipped them
added an elven chain shirt, fresh from last weeks loot and this week's update 
saved

noticed I had never equipped a Ring of Freedom of Movement, tried to put it in the #2 ring slot
wouldn't add the ring
unequipped the #1 ring, tried to equip it in #2 ring spot
wouldn't add that ring either
tried to put it back in #1 slot, wouldn't re-equip
unequipped custom item, thinking that was the weirdest recent change
still couldn't equip ring in either slot, and then couldn't re-equip boots
exited without saving changes

reopened CB, experienced same issue
closed browser (chrome)
reopened browser, reopened CB, same issue
closed browser cleared cache and such
reopened browser, same issue
closed, cleared, opened IE8, opened CB, same issue

pouted, came to boards to see if it was a known issue or if i was just lucky =)

at least now I know it wasn't just me, submitting ticket to CS

INSIDE SCOOP, GAMERS: In the new version of D&D, it will no longer be "Edition Wars." It will be "Edition Lair Assault." - dungeonbastard

interestingly, if I choose empty for each ring slot, I can put either ring in slot #1.  Whatever ring I select for ring#2 instead becomes the active item in slot #1.

I can do this with my neck slot too, whichever I pick after emptying it becomes active, but then I have to empty it first to change to the other.  Doesn't help with the ring, but at least it worked with the single-slot items 

INSIDE SCOOP, GAMERS: In the new version of D&D, it will no longer be "Edition Wars." It will be "Edition Lair Assault." - dungeonbastard

I haven't tried either of your guys' specific cases yet but in the past when this has happened to me I found it only happened with items I purchased using the Marketplace button before the last update.  If I deleted the items from my inventory and added them again using Find Equipment I was able to equip/unequip them normally.  I suspect the Marketplace is really buggy so I don't even use it anymore.  Hopefully you're having the same issue because then it's easy to work around.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

I am also having problems with the ring slots. It won't let me have more than one ring equpped, the other slot goes blank.
Isn't there a rule that says you can't wear two rings until epic tier? I tried to equip 2 rings on a 14th level character and it wouldn't work
Isn't there a rule that says you can't wear two rings until epic tier?

Not that I'm aware of.  Both PH and the Dungeon Master's Book say you can wear one ring on each hand but if you wear more than one on each hand none of the rings will function.  And yes, I have the same problem with rings.  No matter what I try I can't equip two at once.  I've tried equipping/unequipping in different orders, removing from inventory and re-adding, and buying and equipping one at a time, saving and loading another character in between.

I also submitted a bug report after trying this with three different characters and getting the same result each time.  It's not on the Known Issues list yet.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

Totally missed this when I looked in the mail CB forum for other folks posting, so thanks to FLAvatar for pointing it out, I'll report this here:

After the last update, a few things have started happening now that are causing major issues with the CB.

Not sure how it coudl be just my copy, but here is what I am seeing:

1. 12th level Exorcist of the Silver Flame Paladin, Sacrificial Longsword +3 and Heavy Shield. Before the update they were equiped.  After the update I cannot equip the sword in his main hand.  It is an option, but selecting it causes the screen to freeze, then release and either show the shield or nothing.  I can equip the shield in either hand without issue.  I have removed both, I have deleted and re-added the gear.  All other characters seem to be fine, but I dare not unequip their weapons for fear of this happenign elsewhere.

2. 12th level Angelic Avenger Cleric, Scale Armor of Resistance +3 offers a single +10 resistance to various conditions.  It was set to +10 necrotic before the update, now it it unselected.  Regardless of what we select, the screen freezes, releases then remains unselected.

No other characters *seem* to be affected.

"The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray"

I'm having a similar issue. My wife has a Warlock - Level 15 and she has been playing around with some different options. Anyway, I noticed she can't equip her Rod of Seven parts that she currently has. In fact - the Rod has been seperated out into a really weird subsection. In fact - no matter what weapons or implements I add to her sheet, she can't add any of them.

More to the point, when first loading her character - the Equip fields are all empty. But if I click away and click back they fill - EXCEPT - for her weapons, which still show absolutely nothing.

Thoughts?
Want to know more about me? Check out my podcast Shauncastic! Youc an find us on iTunes, Google, or just go to my website: www.shauncastic.com!
On my Sentinel, I cannot equip daggers to my weapon slot. I can equip a scimitar, but not a dagger. My off hand is a light shield.

Not that I'm aware of.  Both PH and the Dungeon Master's Book say you can wear one ring on each hand but if you wear more than one on each hand none of the rings will function.  And yes, I have the same problem with rings.  No matter what I try I can't equip two at once.  I've tried equipping/unequipping in different orders, removing from inventory and re-adding, and buying and equipping one at a time, saving and loading another character in between.

I also submitted a bug report after trying this with three different characters and getting the same result each time.  It's not on the Known Issues list yet.

A reply I received from CS on this issue which says it's a problem and they're working on it, but the agent said that even though the rings will disappear from the slots when you equip them, for him they would show up the character sheet anyway, indicating they actually are equipped, and they worked properly for him.  I haven't had a chance to confirm this but I thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who wants to play around and see if this is true for them or not.  Regardless, the problem is being worked on, which is good.

A reply I received from CS on this issue which says it's a problem and they're working on it, but the agent said that even though the rings will disappear from the slots when you equip them, for him they would show up the character sheet anyway, indicating they actually are equipped, and they worked properly for him.  I haven't had a chance to confirm this but I thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who wants to play around and see if this is true for them or not.  Regardless, the problem is being worked on, which is good.

On the same sentinel, I did have a moment where not only were the daggesr not showing equipped, but the shield and hide did not but I still had the full AC bonus. For the dagger its not so bad, since with weapons you can just click 'show on sheet' but for any other slot this could be really frustrating. Hopefully it is usually just cosmetic like this.

At least for me, today's update appears to have fixed the problem of equipping two magic rings at once.

No ranged weapons for me.  Can't equip them and they don't show up on power cards with the boxes checked.  Kind of hard to build a proper bow ranger with just throwing hammers and javelins.

Edit: So, apparently, I was not paying attention.  The problem was with the character concept: Pixie Ranger can't use two handed weapons without the small property.
On my level 3 Pixie Thief for LFR (Streak of Light + Acrobat's Trick FTMFW) I can't equip a level 7 Badge of the Berserker. LFR campaing guide says as long as its not MORE than 4 levels away you can use it, but it's not equipping. It also is not showing the bonus on my defenses.

Currently shows at 18/11/18/14 but should be 18/13/20/16.
I've had alot of trouble equipping stuff on my two weapon fighting ranger.
The solution i've found is to add a second of the item and then it allows me to equip it.
Also if you remove th second copyy of the item it will de-equip the one you still have.
I've had alot of trouble equipping stuff on my two weapon fighting ranger.
The solution i've found is to add a second of the item and then it allows me to equip it.
Also if you remove th second copyy of the item it will de-equip the one you still have.

Still having intermittant problems with the CB not equipping things that can and should be equipped, but the comments above have helped me. 

1) Remove any item that won't equip that was added or bought from the Marketplace.

2) Don't use the 'Marketplace' to add/ buy items.  Use the 'Find Equipment' tab.

3) Add two of each item to your inventory that has trouble equipping.

4) Set the slot on your equip section to 'empty' first, let it think about it/ process the 'empty' setting, then try to add the piece of equipment that you want added (and were having trouble adding).  I actually had to set the head slot to empty twice (didn't work the first time) before it ended up working. 

Good luck all!
I'm having difficulty with this as well. My hybrid Cleric/Seeker has been hit with an effect that he's afraid of arrows until he gets cured. Wouldn't you know it, Character Builder refuses to allow me to equip his Lullabye Mace and his belt, but will equip his +2 bow which does him little good since he's afraid of arrows.
The same thing is happening to me as well.  My Dragonborn Paladin (level 4) can't equip her Dwarven Layered Plate +2 or her Light Shield.  The trick of adding the item twice (three times in the case of the armor) seems to work.
I believe I discovered that because the belt of Vigor is described as being made of CHAIN, Thaddeus can't wear it because of class restrictions; but he's wearing leather armor, so the material which the belt is made from shouldn't matter. Plus he's kind of omnisexual, so the chains would look nice against his leather pants LOL

Having the same problem with equipping a shuriken to mainhand. Tried adding another shuriken to add that, but it simply stacks them. Instead I equipped a magic shuriken, that went in main hand with no problem.
I wish Customer Service would really get to working on this. I have a 7th level character now that I have tried to equip a shield and or a battleaxe of flaming since level one which is October of last year. This is kind of sad that this has "not" been dealt with yet and goes a long way to show me that Customer service and or the program is not very good and that I should take my money elsewhere. Today I had some problems that took over an hour to work out with DDi and I eventually figured it out but had to re-enter 6 characters because of it including the 7th level one I was talking about.

I am just glad that I had a printout of them so I could use them to re-enter it.
Similar problem where with my Goliath Warden trying to use a +2 Flaming Maul.  I can check it, and it appears on my powers cards, but I cannot equip it.