Where to get Cylinderical Dice?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey, a friend of mine is an avid dice collector and I wanted to get him a good present. I've heard, and seen pictures, of cylindrical shaped dice, called "rolling pin" or "rolling log" style. I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could buy some of these. I've looked around and can't find any. Any leads? 
If you're looking for present more then practical, there's a few cool ones on Shapeways:
www.shapeways.com/hisdesign?user_id=7425...

I don't really know about the roling pins, you might want to check your local gaming store, they can often order that kind of stuff (if it's not on display) I don't really know anyone who uses them either.
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
Update 5th Sep 2011: Added a sample kingdom, as well as sample of play.
If you're looking for present more then practical, there's a few cool ones on Shapeways:
www.shapeways.com/hisdesign?user_id=7425...

I don't really know about the roling pins, you might want to check your local gaming store, they can often order that kind of stuff (if it's not on display) I don't really know anyone who uses them either.

They roll poorly, and suck as life counters because they move anytime the table gets bumbed.
The reason your having trouble finding them is because, well, they suck and almost noone likes them, so the dont get made alot.

Here are some: crystalcaste.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen...

They are also called Crystal dice or Barrel dice , that might make it easier to find them. Your best bet is going to be ordering them online. If your local hobby shops don't carry them (and you say you arelady checked) its not like walmart is likely to have them.

www.toplessrobot.com/2009/04/the_10_most...
Sir Casm, Lord of the Oblivious
Yeah, I know they roll badly. He just wants them for the sake of having some. Thanks for the help, guys!