powerful origin combos

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone have a list of origin combos that might be a touch over the top? I know about magnetic/temporal, but are there any others? My group is exploring other game options, and Gamma World (particularly the superheroes variant) has come up. I'd like to allow them to have the potential to pick two origins if it fits character concept well, and want to make sure that we don't have anything that skews badly.
You might want to check out Oraibi's Dazed (Save Ends) site. Linked is a specific pdf that outlines some of the more powerful origins and the weaker ones. Considering that there is over the top, but there are also some that are lacking as well.

I don't know why Rat Swarm gets a bad rep... Its a fun thought, but I guess it's not up to par with some of the other origins in terms of usefulness.
ah, i knew if the site, and even of the pdf, but i had not looked in it to see that it handles the picking of them
You might want to check out Oraibi's Dazed (Save Ends) site. Linked is a specific pdf that outlines some of the more powerful origins and the weaker ones. Considering that there is over the top, but there are also some that are lacking as well.

I don't know why Rat Swarm gets a bad rep... Its a fun thought, but I guess it's not up to par with some of the other origins in terms of usefulness.

The rat swarm's novice power is an encounter power. also they are weak to burst and blast attacks. despite this i think that they are very enjoyable to play.
Anyone have a list of origin combos that might be a touch over the top? I know about magnetic/temporal, but are there any others? My group is exploring other game options, and Gamma World (particularly the superheroes variant) has come up. I'd like to allow them to have the potential to pick two origins if it fits character concept well, and want to make sure that we don't have anything that skews badly.

My personal favorite is Reanimated / Fungoid.

Burst of regeneration for all.

Felinoid + Rat Swarm = Kitten Swarm

Surely, you can see the raw and untamed power in this one. 
Emily Hook Longmont, CO Current DragonLance 4th Edition Writing Project: Champions of the Lance
Sign In to post comments