Innistrad Card Art Hate

111 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is it just me, or does some of these concepts just don't do it for anyone? I mean the art is all fine, but as far as hitting the concept marks...

Chapel Geist. A Sheeted Ghost? Really? A Bedsheet? Color me terrified...

Corpse Lunge Looks way too much like a snuggle to me.

Disciple of Griselbrand took me three weeks to realize I was looking at an old bearded man. Don't ask what I thought I had been looking at.

Infernal Plunge - Are we sure that's Innistrad? That looks like leftover art from Phyrexia... in fact, I think you'd be hard pressed to name what set it belonged to in the last 5 years if you just hold up the image. Okay, so the art is fine, but it fails the identity check.

Memory's Journey ... I got some Spine I wanna Show You! This is the most cheese cakey card that doesn't actually show ANYTHING. That actually goes so many different ways... What exactly was the goal of the art on this one?

Naturalize ... Nature destroying Artifice. That's what this card is to show. This is the description of the card art in every single Naturalize. This card fails the test. It looks like Nature eating Rock. Nature likes itself a good rock. Mmm Rock.

Nevermore Seriously? You are going to name a card Nevermore, and NOT have a Raven in it? This is Fail. Why couldn't they just have switched the art between Spare from Evil and this one? It would have worked so much better.

Rolling Temblor ... Temblor means Earthquake. Does this even Remotely look Earthquaky to you?

Sever the Bloodline Okay, I think I get it. I think it's suppose to be someone falling into hell... but I can't help but think that this is some weird Disco we're looking at. It certainly doesn't *look* all that bad, and it doesn't seem to really suggest the Genocide that would be necessary to kill off a bloodline. This is just miss.

Skeletal Grimace ... and for the card that reminds me most of Gilligan in a Magic Set... Actually this is alright, it gets the concept down. I just think it's goofy as all heck.

Stalking Vampire .... or otherwise known as Sitting Vampire. She is way too pretty and Prolific to be Stalking...

Think Twice Okay... ... yeah, this is fail. What exactly *is* that suppose to be. It's not your memories come back to you. It's certainly not a light bulb over your head. I mean, okay, the card concept is kinda Ethereal, but does this look like it has anything to do with the mind?

And... that's it. As I said, the art is fine... but as far as conveying the concepts, not
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
Rolling Tremblor looks pretty much just like Earthquake but from a different angle.

I like Think Twice, having people touch their own heads and stuff gets boring quick. Chapel Geist has one of my favorite arts in the set, and I don't know who told you that it was supposed to be scary. Memory's Journey is, imo, really cool.

I don't see the problem with Naturalize. It's just the creeping mold version.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Disciple of Griselbrand took me three weeks to realize I was looking at an old bearded man. Don't ask what I thought I had been looking at.

I like it... ;)

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Think Twice doesn't *have* to do with glowy heads. However, it does take some more set up with scene. For Example, this scene from the Video Game Dragon's Lair would be perfect. However, we're not even given a scene of a human considering drinking what might not be wine in a glass, or something like that. We are given... weird generic art with no real tie in to flavor at all. This is a horrible match for this set.

Ghosts are spooky. Even ghosts that are good aligned are spooky in this set. I know this, because Midnight Haunting and the World Guide tell me so. All of the rest of the cards have traces of spookiness. Particularly Intangible Virtue, which really gets the whole haunting and horde of spirits thing down. Capel Geist just fails in the spooky department, completely.

As an aside, the Capel Geist would have looked really well at home in either Mirage/Visions or in Kamigawa. Just a little background changing, and it does well. It just looks goofy in Innistrad.

The fact that it's creeping mold over ROCK is the problem. Rocks, even pretty tombstone rocks, are not artifice. It's not "Destroy Land" or "Return Land to hand." It's "Destory Arrifact or enchantment". What are the artifacts in Innistrad looking like? The majority of them are weapons. The rest of them are roughly trinkets, books, and gargoyles. Does that look like any of those? No. It's a Rock. Complete and utter failure.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
When did Gargoyle stop being rocks? And just because the artifacts that appear as cards are only weapons, doesn't mean that old tomb doesn't qualify as one.

I can't see much of a difference in spooky factor between the spirits, personally. Gallows Warden and Dearly Departed, for examples.

Yxoque wrote:

I disagree with all of those except Memory's Journey. And how does Rolling Temblor NOT look like an earthquake?

Am I terrified? No.
Do I want to cosplay the [Debutantes Avert your eyes] out of it? Hell yes.

Plus the flavor text indicates it's one of the friendly ghosts, as well as sounding pretty incredicool.

But the guy's expression is priceless. Just all "Oh snap, there's a corpse in here." Plus it kinda reminds me of Deadapult.

Eh, mild indecipherability aside, it works for the card.

Infernal Plunge - Are we sure that's Innistrad? That looks like leftover art from Phyrexia... in fact, I think you'd be hard pressed to name what set it belonged to in the last 5 years if you just hold up the image. Okay, so the art is fine, but it fails the identity check.

I guess, honestly kinda looks like Zendikar actually.

Memory's Journey ... I got some Spine I wanna Show You! This is the most cheese cakey card that doesn't actually show ANYTHING. That actually goes so many different ways... What exactly was the goal of the art on this one?

To look amazing as a foil. Although one could argue it's like a stairway into her mind or something... I dunno, I'm distracted by my beautiful shiny.

Naturalize ... Nature destroying Artifice. That's what this card is to show. This is the description of the card art in every single Naturalize. This card fails the test. It looks like Nature eating Rock. Nature likes itself a good rock. Mmm Rock.

Isn't that like the definition of natural?

Nevermore Seriously? You are going to name a card Nevermore, and NOT have a Raven in it? This is Fail. Why couldn't they just have switched the art between Spare from Evil and this one? It would have worked so much better.

Point.

Rolling Temblor ... Temblor means Earthquake. Does this even Remotely look Earthquaky to you?

Yeah, kinda. I'm more curious as to whether the fellow in the art has just lost his grip on his buddy or pushed said buddy to his doom.

Sever the Bloodline Okay, I think I get it. I think it's suppose to be someone falling into hell... but I can't help but think that this is some weird Disco we're looking at. It certainly doesn't *look* all that bad, and it doesn't seem to really suggest the Genocide that would be necessary to kill off a bloodline. This is just miss.

Yeah, that's one of like the four bad pieces of art in the set.

Skeletal Grimace ... and for the card that reminds me most of Gilligan in a Magic Set... Actually this is alright, it gets the concept down. I just think it's goofy as all heck.

You say that like having a Magic card depicting the awesome smiley is a bad thing.

Stalking Vampire .... or otherwise known as Sitting Vampire. She is way too pretty and Prolific to be Stalking...

Eh, it's at least very pretty.

Think Twice Okay... ... yeah, this is fail. What exactly *is* that suppose to be. It's not your memories come back to you. It's certainly not a light bulb over your head. I mean, okay, the card concept is kinda Ethereal, but does this look like it has anything to do with the mind?

Are you fo srs complaining about a draw spell having abstract art? I'm not even going to dignify that with a response (Well, aside from holy [Debutantes avert your eyes], dat foil art).

You forgot Rakish Heir and Crossway Vampire The former's rocking an awkward looking corset (I mean, if your gonna go shirtless just do it, don't be a [Debutantes avert your eyes] about it) on top of his face looking a few shades paler than his chest, and the latter just looks like... flat, I guess.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Lol there's always bad art in all formats, but how do you judge bad art? Through your personnal opinion, I believe that this naturalize is the best ever printed. Vegetation crawling on an artifact destroying it in the process, burying the ruins under the earth? When I look at the card, I see this happening in a matter of a few seconds. DAMN, nature's scary!!
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it

You don't know where that corpse's hand is... but you can have an idea thanks to the face of the guy and the position of the arm.

Really? I thought it quite easy to see that it's an old man.

It's not the immediate kind of art we ususally get. It's abstract. The "spine" is actually a stairway, that leads to the brain, to memories. It's not like there's really a woman with a weird spine out of her back. You have to look for the meanning in there. It's gorgeous art, if you ask me.

This is something I have been saying since day 1.
I couldn't agree more.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!

These are the only points that I agree with you on.  I actually thought that Nvm and SfE should have been switched as well.  Stalking Vampire is just...doubleyouteeeff.  I have no problem with pretty vamipires stalking, but she is just sitting on a fence like she is posing for a senior photo.  My thought was they made a card or name change at the last minute and did not have a piece of art to fit it, so they just used this one.

The rest I can see what you are saying, but do not agree or think you are making too bug a deal out of it.
RE: Memory's Journey

Oh, no. I understand it's abstract. The problem is it's not nearly abstract enough, and even if it *was* abstract enough, it's out of flavor, just like Think Twice is out of Flavor.

Of course, the big issue with Memory's Journey is that the artist didn't follow through with the concept. He (I think it's a he) drew what might be interpreted as a stair case, but the Purpose of Staircases, or any other path, is to lead to a destination. If you want to interpret the lensflare as a destination, go ahead. In my opinion, it's not strong enough. We needed a door, an archway, *something* to signify a true destination. Otherwise, it's just a metal spine, just like half a dozen others we saw in just the last block.

I mean, we're not talking about Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here level of abstraction. Which moves past cheesecake and into art. I don't think this ever leaves Cheesecake level.
The square lensflare looks quite like a door in my eyes, but the tiny picture probably doesn't do it justice.
Can't find a high resolution version.

Yxoque wrote:

Bigger art version:

OK, I have it in my PC, do any of you know of a good site for hosting images for free? I used to use Imageshack, but now they have that register thing that is stupid. Every other one I try either disappears with the image after a day or after a few minutes. But still, I have it, and in bigger version it's clearly a glowing door at the end of the "stair".
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
57927608 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
There's facebook I guess if your profile is public and you don't mind us knowing what it is.
Alternatively search for the article it was featured in.

Edit: Or you can upload it here.

Yxoque wrote:

I personally like most of Innistrad's art. I've always been a fan of gothic horror.

Paticularly Endless Ranks of the Dead.
Ours is a vengeful god.

OK, I have it in my PC, do any of you know of a good site for hosting images for free? I used to use Imageshack, but now they have that register thing that is stupid. Every other one I try either disappears with the image after a day or after a few minutes. But still, I have it, and in bigger version it's clearly a glowing door at the end of the "stair".

Imgur.

Best image hosting site around.
Ours is a vengeful god.
It's not that cheesecake-y. I mean, for a 13 year old maybe, but I mean come on. It's far from the worst cheesecake in the set. And going on what I see on the Gatherer page for Memory's Journey, it does look like there's a doorway at the top of the stairs.
I personally like most of Innistrad's art. I've always been a fan of gothic horror.

Paticularly Endless Ranks of the Dead.

Oh god yes. I has a foil version from when my friends and I split three boxes. We pretty much pile up all the rares, pick out the ones we want and then resolve any contested claims. I was just like "This is the one card here I will fight you all to the death for." :33

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.

The Pony Co. 

57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
57307308 wrote:
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
10/10. Amazing.
It's not that cheesecake-y. I mean, for a 13 year old maybe, but I mean come on. It's far from the worst cheesecake in the set. And going on what I see on the Gatherer page for Memory's Journey, it does look like there's a doorway at the top of the stairs.

If you can name me another Nude in the set, I'm all ears...

I like it... ;)

OMG, I only just now figured out what was going on in zammm's new avatar.  The old guy's nose looks like a head with eyes, and the beard the body/arms.

If you can name me another Nude in the set, I'm all ears...

Sure she's nude, but you can only see her bare back, and it has a vibe that is more surreal/esoteric than erotic. There are plenty of Magic cards that depict women in much "sexier" ways in most sets.

Imgur.

Best image hosting site around.

Thanks for the suggestion!

So, click here:

That glowing thing on the top is clearly a door or a window. Which is pretty much what you said should be in the top for it to make sense.
--->
57817638 wrote:
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
99812049 wrote:
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
82032421 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
56874518 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
Doug Beyer:
141434757 wrote:
57927608 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
143229641 wrote:
Dymecoar:
Omega137:
Zigeif777:
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
OMG, I only just now figured out what was going on in zammm's new avatar.  The old guy's nose looks like a head with eyes, and the beard the body/arms.

Okay, what? How on earth can this guy get misinterpreted? Aren't humans supposed to be wired for facial recognition?

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Okay, what? How on earth can this guy get misinterpreted? Aren't humans supposed to be wired for facial recognition?

It's because not all parts of the face are created equal. The eyes are by far, far, far the most noticable part of the face, and the first thing we look for/recognize. The Disciple's eyes are covered, so we don't recognize the face as easily. Not to mention that awkward head thing that he's wearing and his color palette don't help either.
Ours is a vengeful god.

It's because not all parts of the face are created equal. The eyes are by far, far, far the most noticable part of the face, and the first thing we look for/recognize. The Disciple's eyes are covered, so we don't recognize the face as easily. Not to mention that awkward head thing that he's wearing and his color palette don't help either.

I still find it amusing how people could not notice that it's an old man.
I also can't see what the other poster said about the nose being a head and I don't know what else.
And I'm quite imaginative.
--->
57817638 wrote:
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
99812049 wrote:
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
82032421 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
56874518 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
Doug Beyer:
141434757 wrote:
57927608 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
143229641 wrote:
Dymecoar:
Omega137:
Zigeif777:
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
I did not see the old man at first either.  I think it is like that classic old lady/young woman picture.  Different people see different things the first time.
I did not see the old man at first either.  I think it is like that classic old lady/young woman picture.  Different people see different things the first time.

Yeah. I find that all magic cards are like this since the art is so small. Like, the first time I saw Ancient Silverback, I thought it was a dragon.
Ours is a vengeful god.
There's an interesting phenomenon that I sometimes experience in Magic. Occasionally I'll see a card face up for the first time seeing it upside down for weeks or months (because my opponent would be playing it) and I have suddenly realize that my conception of the art was wrong.

When I first started playing, I was thoroughly convicned that Wellwisher was male until I borrowed my friends elf deck, and it hit me hard, bro. I don't know why I did and do find it so amusing, but I couldn't get over it. I guess it's just weird to have seen a card a hundred times, and had a firm image in your head, only to suddenly realize that you've been misinterpreting it.

I can't even trust my own eyes!

Yeah. I find that all magic cards are like this since the art is so small. Like, the first time I saw Ancient Silverback, I thought it was a dragon.

Now I'm curious.
How is that?
--->
57817638 wrote:
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
99812049 wrote:
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
82032421 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
56874518 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
Doug Beyer:
141434757 wrote:
57927608 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
143229641 wrote:
Dymecoar:
Omega137:
Zigeif777:
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:

Now I'm curious.
How is that?

How could you not see a dragon?

Ours is a vengeful god.

Now I'm curious.
How is that?

I can't see it, but I can never see things like those 3D dot posters either, so perhaps it is me.  Those look like Gorilla Wings to me.
I think that the people who were confused about Disciple of Griselbrand probably didn't follow the flavor articles.

IMAGE(http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/stf/jhgcdxsdfxgcvbunbyfagsdfgyufjhjd.jpg)

It's kinda hard to mistake it there. I can aaaaaalmost see why you'd miss it in card-size, but not with a close look, and most Innistrad cards got several close looks from me. So pretty! :D
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.

That's crearly an ape!
--->
57817638 wrote:
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
99812049 wrote:
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
82032421 wrote:
56747598 wrote:
56874518 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
Doug Beyer:
141434757 wrote:
57927608 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
143229641 wrote:
Dymecoar:
Omega137:
Zigeif777:
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:

This just seems like Poe planning on WotC's part.  Seriously, it seems as though the clever WotC nods to real life literature have fallen into a pit.  And the pendulum has yet to swing back towards the real life quotes, even on the core set cards.  Still, I hope the real life literature references have only suffered a premature burial; after all, the man of the crowd is more likely to acknowledge real quotes than the Magic-based flavor we see on most cards. 

Cheers!

LINK to find my bad puns.  Kudos if you don't need the link.

A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.

For me, the lighting/scene was quite good... sure they used ye olde bedsheet for their ghost, but the way it's put together... I don;t know, I thought the geist was invisible and moving a sheet/curtain around

The fact that it appears to depict the untimely frightening of Mr. Green from Clue doesn't help (seriously, looks like a modern suit and lots of hair gel...)

... what?  Even hagind what other people saw explained on the thread I can't see anything but the bearded old man, and usually I'm decent at seeing things the wrong way.

I think that's a Maw of Hell he's jumping into.  jagged edged fiery pit, and all.  Makes sense to me

First of all, this is not Cheesecake.  Stalking Vampire is more cheesecake-y.  There is a difference between simple presence/absence of clothing and sexualization/cheesecake.  Second... yeah, I'd like to see a "sketches" arcana on this one, if only to see what kind of art description the artist had to work with.  It's darn pretty, though, and the big version makes a little more sense (though the illusion of a stair is actually lost a bit).  There *is* a bit of a problem with instants/sorceries with mystical flavor and nonvisual effects: picking what the art should be has GOT to be hell.

That's a stone coffin.  Tombs and Coffins are artifactsFor the most part.  Art passes.

With you here.  Hoping for a promo that features a raven prominantly.

Okay, there's a bit much fire, but... yeah, I got nothing.

Er... well, yeah, it's nice art, but with the circle of candles thing I think this may have been ported last minute from "disasterously failed demon summoning attempt"

I could flip a coin every time I look at this.  Heads, laughably goofy.  Tails, creepy as hell.  My brain seems to decide at random each viewing whether or not I actually flip a coin like two-face

She can turn into a bat.  If that doesn't help with being a stalker of some sort, I'm not sure what does.  I have a feeling the art description was "give us a vampire to match your bat.  Ps, see style guide on what "vampire" means this world."  I've got no problem with the art here, though I admit on a 5/5 vampire (Same p/t as Baron Sengir!) they could have gone with a more fightey concept.
Best to just assume there's some hapless has-been-stalked victim in the viewer's position.

See the "abstract instant/sorcery" problem of Memory's Journey.  there does seem to be a "two" or "flashback" deal, with the spheres of floating spell-energy and the reflection on her palm...  you know what, What the hell is going on on this one?

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

It's kinda hard to mistake it there. I can aaaaaalmost see why you'd miss it in card-size, but not with a close look, and most Innistrad cards got several close looks from me. So pretty! :D

I only pay close attention to card art that portrays enormous breastages, because I am a dude and I dig women.  Don't have to be an art critic to know what looks goooood.

I think the card art in innistrad looks good. I agree that nevermore should feature a raven and corpse lunge looks weird. The rest of the cards are okay. I find it hard to be critical because I'm not a very good artist myself.

It reminds me of someone exploring an abandoned house and suddenly a cupboard opens and a corpse falls on you. Im pretty sure this has happened in some movie somewhere. How is this magic, I do not know, however.

Yeah I can relate to that. The picture got me fooled for like 10 minutes too, when I was looking at it from my computers screen.

I agree the picture looks weird, but at least its pretty.

yes?

She flies to your window as a bat and transforms.. For what purpose? Makes me wonder.. I think thats pretty much spot on as vampires in old literature go in my opinion. Dracula did exactly that in his first movie ever. (and theres been like a hundred of them). Or she is returning to her castle after a night's hunt. In  any case, one of my favorite cards as looks go actually.

"And the word my father taught me that evening, the word meaning 'the strongest', was mage." - Tezzeret the seeker, Test of Metal

It reminds me of someone exploring an abandoned house and suddenly a cupboard opens and a corpse falls on you. Im pretty sure this has happened in some movie somewhere. How is this magic, I do not know, however.

They tend to represent relatively mundane events on cards all the time.
See:
Tortoise Formation
Mobilization
Rally the Peasants
War Report
Hunt Down
Lightning Bolt (I guess being able to call lightning is sort of magical, but the event itself is pretty normal)
Crush
Go for the Throat
etc. 

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
192334281 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
56995928 wrote:
My DM on Battleminds:
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:

The Pony Co. 

57461258 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
92481331 wrote:
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
56756068 wrote:
57526128 wrote:
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
57307308 wrote:
56874518 wrote:
121689989 wrote:
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
10/10. Amazing.
I have renamed, unofficially, War Report as Morning Report. This now makes me think that it should have been in the Mirage set...
Am I the only one that thinks putting a raven on Nevermore would have been too cheesy? Maybe cheesy isn't the right word, but I feel like it would have just been too direct. I can't really explain it, but I'm not comfortable with the idea of a raven on that card, it just doesn't seem right to me. Also, when you say that the Stalking Vampire "is way too pretty and Prolific to be Stalking"...... what the hell are you talking about?! One cannot stalk and be pretty? I see no reason why that should be. And as for being too prolific to stalk... well, I just think you have no idea what the word prolific means.