2x[C]Prey Upon[/C]
1x[C]Village Ironsmith[/C]
2x[C]Brimstone Volley[/C]
1x[C]Kessig Wolf[/C]
1x[C]Ulvenwald Mystics[/C]
2x[C]Naturalize[/C]
1x[C]Basilisk Collar[/C]
1x[C]Master of the Wild Hunt[/C]

Overall this is a very flavorful deck. It's not very fast and of course the transform mechanics are also "controlled" by your opponents but [C]Moonmist[/C] is very good and 4x included. There are some burn spells and the green "removal" [C]Prey Upon[/C]for taking out creatures.
I love the werewolf cards and I would be very happy to see something like this in Expansion 2. Would be a great way to advertise these cards by the way.

What do you think?

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

i like it, i like it a lot.

in fact i might actually make it in paper format.

You disappear into the darkness, whispering the name House Dimir...
You disappear into the darkness, whispering the name House Dimir...
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
This one might be too strong, but I would love a G/R deck!

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I haven't played with any werewolf DFCs yet, but how often do these flip throughout a game? I'm curious because for the cost of the werewolves, you usually get average stats unflipped, but above average stats when flipped. However, other decks in this game are quite filled with a fair amount of average cards meaning the werewolves could easily spell disaster for an opponent once they flip as they just outclass so many other things on the battlefield at the time. Not to mention the few decks that have god-awful removal and matches just turn into who builds a side with the most creatures. Oh you didn't play anything last turn? Say hello to my 6 transformed werewolves because you couldn't answer them. I win.

Besides that, seems like a fine list. I would actually prefer to wait until Innistrad block is on the last set to offer up more werewolf choices, but I suppose that's what DLC is for.
I like it, but I like werewolves in general, so maybe that means little... Anyway, I said before that currently I disagree with having Garruk dealing with them, and I agree with Brodo that I would want to see how the block plays out. It's probably only scratched the surface with transforms and the like.
Say hello to my 6 transformed werewolves because you couldn't answer them. I win.

Say hello to my [C]Vampire Nocturnus[/C]. My 5 other vamps get +2/+1 and flying. I win.
Say hello to [C]Bribery[/C]! I take your [C]Grave Titan[/C] and you can't do anything because it's a black creature and your [C]Doom Blade[/C]s don't work.
Say hello to my hexproof creatures. They have 10/10, flying, lifelink, trample, first strike and totem armors.

Every deck has stenghts and weaknesses. The werewolf deck relies on creatures, more precisely on transformed werewolves. I don't think this deck would create any balance problems. It has obvious weaknesses (against flying, bounce, removal, etc.). It's not very fast, either. You won't get [C]Rampant Growth[/C] everytime. I can't tell how the deck would turn out against the Duels2012 decks but I don't think it will be stronger than  Bloodhunger, Wielding Steel or Realm of Illusion. More fun: Yes.

I don't think bringing up the singleton bombs in the other decks is really relevant to what I was asking about. I'm concerned about the entire mechanic you have based this entire deck around. You know, the mechanic that's on like 15+ of your creatures that will pretty much make or break your deck in terms of fairness? It turns an average creature stat-wise into an undercosted beast. Knowing how often these creatures will flip without outside help is important because they will ruin other decks if they can flip consistently and stay that way due to the nature of how the cards are designed. This doesn't even take into account the bombs that are Moonmist and Full Moon's Rise in my opinion. Those alone are what I consider the "game winners" you were bringing up in your previous post yet you give them access in multiple amounts.

Being a creature deck is hardly a weakness honestly as so many decks don't answer creatures efficiently in this game. The main weakness of this deck will be on how reliant the transform mechanic will be. How often can someone flip them and how often someone could play enough spells to flip them back to normal. If you can keep them flipped, you're looking at creatures that outclass the other aggro decks and can race the slower control decks and that's quite powerful in this game.
i love the idea and what people are bringing up that it may be OP or not. i got a question, when they flip each time, do they have haste? so like if you flip it to a werewolf can it attack that turn it flips or does it act like summoning sickness? but if not i guess the strategy would be to try to play something every turn obviously but if the summoning sickness is the case then you can just try and keep their creatures at bay by trying to constantly flip them. but idk how that mechanic works since it seems new
i like the idea, but i cant see Stainless introducing the flip-card mechanic. And if they did, i would be angry that they didnt spend that time on land tapping / mana pool mechanic.

But... its a nice deck and i think it would be good fun if it was included.
Since the card itself has been on the field under the players control since the start of the turn the humans that flip into werewolves will not have summoning sickness.  If the werewolf player doesn't play a spell, all the humans will turn into werewolves on the opponents turn, who would be forced to try and play 2 spells to flip them back to humans. Eventually the other player would run out of cards and the werewolf player can play as many spells as he likes. Alternatively, he can continue ramping with the other player until someone just can't play a card. It just seems like the bomb is a mechanic rather than a drawn card, effectively giving a harder time limit on the game.

It also seems like it would be a significantly weaker deck for 2HG/Archenemy. 

Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy...

Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.

Will not buy Duel 2015 until 2HG reinstated.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:
 I've removed content from this thread. 

Nice to know removing content is a company wide policy.

The main weakness of this deck will be on how reliant the transform mechanic will be. How often can someone flip them and how often someone could play enough spells to flip them back to normal. If you can keep them flipped, you're looking at creatures that outclass the other aggro decks and can race the slower control decks and that's quite powerful in this game.

This deck is weak against pretty much ANY instants or low-cost spells, and there's a few decks that have plenty to pass around. Ral'Zarek, Chandra, Sorin, and Jace's decks should be able to tear the wolves apart pretty nicely. Also, it's important to remember: cast any instant after moonmist and the critters transform back at the end of their turn.

Another way to think of the transform mechanic is to compare it to the +1 counters/bloodthirst of Sorin's deck. Transform is a less stable, but potentially more powerful (in the short term) burst without the lifelink buffs Sorin's deck provides.

The deck looks pretty balanced compared to the others to me, but I'd say a bit of testing is in order. I think it may have a slight advantage over the slower decks, but that's aggro's nature. Hell, Aether Transformation may be even better against the wolves than against a regular aggro deck (If the wolf player plays any spell, I can bounce one of his already transformed, transform the rest, and come away with blockers).
WOW!  I like this deck at lot!  You covered everything including forced transforms and creature control.  Good work mate!
Thank you for all your nice feedback Feel free to post your own werewolf deck here.

You had to tempt me... It's not much different, although no Werewolf deck is at this point. I think I have more creatures in general. I left out the burn spells; I can't see Werewolves slinging fire really, but I like the ability from Kessig Wolf Run so I added Predator's Strike and Berserk to emulate that. If it must be Garruk, then Hunter's Insight has his name on it. And a wolf. I chose Luminescent Rain because I could kind of see it as a moonlight thing? I don't know, I doubt anyone would use it anyway. Cards like Howl of the Night Pack fit in, but it loses it's power when splashing red, so I kept it to keep the deck tame . And no enchantment removal, if it can't be smashed then you need more then wolves.
I personally would love to see another good tri color deck. One thats good. Machinations is no good. I would love to get the Cries Of Rage from the first Magic game on Xbox.
Decks Used Slivers - Dragons - Artifacts - Elves Monsters - : Vampires - Knights - Infect
You got a nice list there, Ragebattle. [C]Ancient Grudge[/C]didn't make it into my deck because it can't deal with enchantments and now with AM, I think this is a must.[C]Hunter's Insight[/C]fits very well.

Like you said, there are not many options of designing a werewolf deck yet. The possibilities will grow when the Innistrad block is complete. But at that point it's too late for a Werewolf deck for Duels i think.

@Courtesy Flush
Machinations is pretty good in my opinion. Has some very cool cards. But it's not really a tricolor deck.

@Crazy  It has its moments. I'll still play it when Im bored lol. But I do like this deck idea. Looks pretty sweet.
Decks Used Slivers - Dragons - Artifacts - Elves Monsters - : Vampires - Knights - Infect
I personally would love to see another good tri color deck. One thats good. Machinations is no good.

Machinations is pretty good in my opinion. Has some very cool cards. But it's not really a tricolor deck.

Quite True, I actually removed White from my version of the Mach deck and made it U/B.
Sign In to post comments