"My Campaign" art meme

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ever need or want to sum up your campaign quickly and easily? Well check this out:

dungeonsdonuts.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-c...

Quick and easy little template, allowing you to fit in three images of media to best sum up the style, look, feel, story, and/or tone of your campaign. In three images, you can tell people exactly what to expect when they play in YOUR campaign world.

Check out mine:

Obviously, humour is a big component of my current campaign.

Visit the link above to download the template and make your own.
Is this some kind of joke? How would his help new players understand anything about my campaign? Three pictures and your name drawn in crayon holds very little information.

Sorry kylie667 I just don't see the point of this thing.
Just in case I failed to mention; I am playing D&D 3.5e.
Is this some kind of joke? How would his help new players understand anything about my campaign? Three pictures and your name drawn in crayon holds very little information.

Sorry kylie667 I just don't see the point of this thing.

Check out the blog link for a better explanation, but it's fairly straightforward:

Using pics from three pieces of media, you provide a kind of visual short-hand for the ideas/inspirations behind your game. If, say, your campaign is set is a exotic, yet blasted wasteland of a landscape, where the story focuses primarily on old-school dungeon crawl exploration, and PCs are presented like totemic warriors (seemingly larger than life), some of the following visual cues might be appropriate:

-Conan: The Barbarian (1982 film)
-Art by Frank Frazetta
-Sprawling DIY graph paper dungeon maps

Basically, anything your campaign draws inspiration from. The meme's meant as just a quick visual cue, nothing more.
Thats a really neat idea. I usually list example [books/movies/music] but this gives a solid visual representatation. You could even put random pics from specific famous scenes to give the exact feel. (Boulder chase scene in indiana jones)

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"                               " As usual, Krusk comments with assuredness, but lacks the clarity and awareness of what he's talking about"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"        "Wow, thank you very much"

"Your advice is the worst"

Also, @Langrishe

While I don't begrudge you mocking my name, on account of how it is a genuinely silly spelling, I will say that it is a name that has served me well professionally.

There's a lot of Kyles.

But only so many Kiels
Thats a really neat idea. I usually list example [books/movies/music] but this gives a solid visual representatation. You could even put random pics from specific famous scenes to give the exact feel. (Boulder chase scene in indiana jones)

Indeed. The more precise you can be with your image choice, the easier it is to convey the ideas behind your campaign.