Are Innistrad boosters in MTGO going to be similar to the paper boosters?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I did some casual searching but I couldn't find anything on whether the MTGO boosters of Innistrad will act like the Paper ones. Meaning that there is a DFC card in each booster, and that it is tehnically possible to get three Mythic Rares in one pack. Just wondering since cracking Innistrad boosters is awesome, it truly is better than opening any other booster because the possibilities of getting some crazy combo of cards is so high.

If anyone has a link or could post some info regarding this it would be great.
I did some casual searching but I couldn't find anything on whether the MTGO boosters of Innistrad will act like the Paper ones. Meaning that there is a DFC card in each booster, and that it is tehnically possible to get three Mythic Rares in one pack. Just wondering since cracking Innistrad boosters is awesome, it truly is better than opening any other booster because the possibilities of getting some crazy combo of cards is so high.

If anyone has a link or could post some info regarding this it would be great.

Should be the same, except I doubt they'll make "checklist" cards, making the land more plentiful. The last time Wizards changed the card distribution (timeshifted cards in Time Spiral and Planar Chaos), MTGO followed MTG. No reason to believe it won't here.
I would certainly expect so.

Just hope you're not planning to crack boosters just for the cards - no matter how many rares there may be inside, it's always (on average) a money-losing undertaking. It works out something like ten times cheaper to simply trade for the exact cards you want. (Look at the after-market price lists for rares in any set, you'll see that most rares are worth less than 50 cents, but you paid $4 for the pack. There's such a tiny chance of getting a valuable card that it doesn't bring the average up anywhere near $4.)
No I don't open boosters for cards in MTGO, but I want to be sure that when I open that first sealed pool it will be as exciting as it was in paper.

Figured we'd get lands over the checklist cards since we don't need them, but I just couldn't find anywhere that said every pack will have a DFC so the odds of getting premium cards and mythics is increased somewhat.
I would certainly expect so.

Just hope you're not planning to crack boosters just for the cards - no matter how many rares there may be inside, it's always (on average) a money-losing undertaking. It works out something like ten times cheaper to simply trade for the exact cards you want. (Look at the after-market price lists for rares in any set, you'll see that most rares are worth less than 50 cents, but you paid $4 for the pack. There's such a tiny chance of getting a valuable card that it doesn't bring the average up anywhere near $4.)

This is true after drafting starts but from Mon-Wednesday afternoon busting can be profitable.  I plan to bust at least 3000.
PureMTGO.com
Cape Fear Games located in Wilmington, NC. Get 20% extra MTGO credit for your paper cards.
The online Innistrad boosters are collated the same as the paper ones, except online there are no checklist cards and each booster contains a basic land.
Lee Sharpe Data Analyst Wizards of the Coast