R/B Innistrad Vampires Deck

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
It's a deck based primarily around B/R Innistrad vampires, and I'm looking to take it to FNM. Its soon to replace my monoblack infect and I really want it up to par. Any advice is appreciated. I'm having difficulty deciding what vamps to keep and drop, and what soceries and instants are best. I am short on just a few of the staples of this deck but don't worry I've got plans to get my four-ofs.

Here it is:

3 Stromkirk Noble (Need 1 more!)
2 Falkenrath Marauders
2 Rakish Heir
4 Bloodcrazed Neonate
3 Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
4 Sangromancer
2 Olivia Voldaren
2 Bloodline Keeper

2 Dismember
4 Volt Charge
4 Grim Affliction
1 Curse of Stalked Prey (I know I need 4 of... I'm still looking for these.)
2 Bump in the Night
2 Devil's Play

4 Dragonskull Summit
3 Blackcleave Cliffs
7 Swamp
6 Mountain

Thoughts? Improvements? I have a fair amount of innistrad vamps, and tons of scars cards, so please, any suggestions are worth my time. Thanks!

This is with what i would go.

Added the missing Stormkrik Noble and Curse of the Stalked Pray for calculation purpose.

Removed the '' lose life effect '' from bump in the night and replaced it for dammage with shock since you wanna pump your vamps with bloodthirst.

Removed the -1/-1 proliferate for more dismember.

Added some Vampiric Fury because i reallly like the +2/0 First strike in an agressive play.

I removed the sangromancer, since i dont think it goes well in this kind of play. This deck seems more the kind ''Straight to the face'' lol.

And finally i added 2 Crossway Vampire for so many reason, letting your Noble hit the player or other big pumped up vamp is just awesome.

So tell me what you think

Hope it helped in any way !

20 creatures

4 Stromkirk Noble
2 Falkenrath Marauders
3 Rakish Heir
2 Bloodcrazed Neonate
3 Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
2 Olivia Voldaren
2 Bloodline Keeper
2 Crossway Vampire

20 other spells

4 Dismember
4 Volt Charge
4 Curse of Stalked Prey
3 Shock
2 Devil's Play
3 <a target="_blank" href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name=+[Vampiric]+[Fury]" rel="nofollow">Vampiric Fury

20 lands

4 Dragonskull Summit
3 Blackcleave Cliffs
6 Swamp
7 Mountain

Personally I'd remove the Bloodlords entirely. The new vampires in Innistrad are much faster than their M12 cousins, so by the time you get Bloodlord of Vaasgoth out in turn 5, he's a bit late to the party. You want to be churning out 2/2 Flying Vampires with Bloodline Keeper by now, and they won't benefit from the bloodthirst.

I'd personally add a 4th Rakish Heir - it stacks with other Heirs, and Curse of Stalked Prey, and any similar self abilities (Stromkirk Noble etc.). These combinations, the fact that it doesn't rely on same-turn damage, and keeps giving each turn makes it faster and more effective that the bloodthirst.

Other than that, another Bloodline Keeper maybe as Lord of Lineage's +2/+2 is beautiful to stack, and you can never have enough free vampire tokens.

Surprised not to see any Falkenrath Nobles, as you do have plenty of removal.