1 Phyrexian Metamorph
2 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Entomber Exarch

2 Acidic Slime

2 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Steel Hellkite
1 Massacre Wurm

1 Phyrexian Ingester
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
I like that you're using Phyrexian Ingester, he's a beast.

I'm all for Tezz Pod, but running no Birds in a tri-color deck that runs seems wrong.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

They die to Summoning =[
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
They die to Summoning =[

...oh yea... sorry, forgot about that, Lol. NVM then, I like the deck the way it is.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

Ingestor is just the absolute best 7 cmc crit for the slot.  

The deck's tight right now, but it's a blast. 
Show
Yow. Love it.  This is the kind of thing I've been into so far, very excited to see your list.  I've been testing a UB version sans Tezz/Pod, with Unburial Rites and Grand Architect.  Sooo many Wurmcoils.  Summoning/Architect is utterly outrageous.  But Tezz is basically a snap-in fit, and setting it up with Pod as well seems like it ought to be murderously consistent.

I love the triple engines.  Anything with triple engines... mm.  And Glissa.  The mage toolboxes, Hellkite, man.. super cool.  I'll be really interested to see how this does, it seems absurdly sturdy.

catowner wrote:
Welcome to 2012. Blue has the most efficient creatures, black has the all-in monocolored aggro deck, the most controlling deck in the format is green-red, control decks lose to aggro in attrition wars, and counterspells aren't an answer to fatties.
Islands wrote:
Pack Rat is like Bitterblossom and Tarmogoyf had a black baby.
Take this with a grain of salt as I haven't actually tested the deck:  I feel like there is too much going on with the deck.  Not enough creatures for pod due to summoning and tezz, same with summoning.  I mean, summoning is all about casting creatures, and I feel like pod is all about popping creatures out for "free."  I love tezzeret with pod, I just feel like summoning is unneeded here and maybe should be some more creatures... or even birds as previously mentioned.  Birds fixes mana and ramps (like summoning though maybe not as good, while also not weakening your creatures) and can be sacced to fetch skite.  Yes, it requires a focus on green, but you can adjust your basics -2 swamp, +2 forest, and you're back on par.  They also make for a second turn pod or third turn tezzeret.  Also, I like ingester as well, but is he really better than sheoldred?  I dont know.  Sheoldred has the chance to take out more creatures, while alternatively bringing yours back, making more use out of them.  I really feel summoning is a neat trick, but completely unneccessary and may even be holding this deck back.
I haven't played Islands' version, but definitely don't, uh, misunderestimate Summoning.  The thing I've been noodling with can overwhelm most everything in this early meta, Solar Flare, GW Tokens, RDW, Pod whatever, steadily, just because it's god awful to deal with Wurmcoils as early as turn 4 that recur multiple times off Unburial and Entomber Exarch.

I hear your point about too many cooks in the kitchen.  Like, I was initially a fan of Twin Pod, but after playing it lots, came to feel the pure value version of RUG Pod was substantially stronger.  Having been playing with Summoning, it just breaks games wide open.  It creates early presence and gets your utility going before Pod comes out, and it keeps your deck running with twice as many enablers as a normal Pod deck.  Stop all that and you've still got Tezz churning out more stuff.  There just aren't enough O-rings in the world.

catowner wrote:
Welcome to 2012. Blue has the most efficient creatures, black has the all-in monocolored aggro deck, the most controlling deck in the format is green-red, control decks lose to aggro in attrition wars, and counterspells aren't an answer to fatties.
Islands wrote:
Pack Rat is like Bitterblossom and Tarmogoyf had a black baby.
Perilous Myr?
Viridian Emissary?
Sheoldred, Whispering One?

Mimic Vat?
Perilous Myr?
Viridian Emissary?
Sheoldred, Whispering One?

Mimic Vat?

I didn't run Emissary and Myr due to Summoning, but you could definitely try them.  They're probably great, you'd just need to make the room...

Sheoldred was awful in here.  I tried EVERYTHING at 7cmc until I settled on Ingestor.  Sheoldred is really bad when she is in Dismember range due to Summoning and I just kept feeling like she didn't do enough.  They'd just sac a Wurmcoil or whatever and I'd still be on the ropes.  They'd have a turn to kill her before recursion started.  ETC.

Enter Ingestor which is nearly always out of Dismember range, is always the biggest dude when he resolves, and eats Wurmcoils while turning into a 9/9 or 8/8 with all upside.

I tried him, Pentavus (the worst dude with Summoning pretty much ever), Myr Battlesphere (equally horrid), Sheoldred (Not terrible, but IMO not optimal), Quicksilver Titan (who was surprisingly good.  I don't think this deck is for him due to the Summoning making him trade with Titans.  Otherwise, I feel he's a lot saucier than he looks when you play him. ) and Ingestor who is all upside.  

At the end of the day, I decided this: If I'm going to Pod a Wurmcoil, I want something at LEAST as good as a Wurmcoil.  This sounds really simple, but it took me a while to get it and I think most Pod players still haven't.  Elesh Norn?  Better than Wurmcoil.  Sheoldred?  People like her because she MIGHT, at SOME POINT, recur your Wurmcoil.  See what I mean?  Ingestor is actually BETTER than Wurmcoil when you Pod up because it answers ANY CREATURE (save Pro-Blue) in the format.  Your Wurmcoil ends up being better than their Wurmcoil.  Why?  Your's made tokens and turned into a 9/9 or 8/8.  Their's? Exiled.

So, yeah.  Ingestor.  After looking at him forever and then finally playing with him and then playing with him more I have concluded that if you ARE playing Pod and you AREN'T playing White and you are playing BLUE, you should probably try Ingestor.

If I was playing ooze combo, I might run Pentavus.  If I had Tezz AND Pod without Summoning, I'd try Battlesphere.  Otherwise, go for the Ingestor.  He's hilarious and awesome.

And he's good to copy.

In other news...Mox Opal is Metalcraft WAAAY more than I anticipated when I added it.  It's actually been HUGE and amazing for me.

EDIT: Don't take this thread as a huge endorsement for this deck.  I think it's a decent Pod option, but I don't think it is better than Bant in the abstract.  

Full disclosure: I still have SnapcasterBantPod sleeved up and resting since it's first event win.  Here's the thing though: I love innovation.  I think this list has more room for innovation and tech and has vast tracts of new territory to explore while Bant is a little more stale.

My least favorite thing about this deck are the lands.  I want to tweak the manabase to have less comes into play tapped lands.  Since I tweaked the base the last time and removed a lot of unnecessary Forests, the lands just aren't entering the Battlefield untapped enough to my great annoyance.  

Anyway, I hope this list cheered you guys up.  It's definitely really cool.  I'm really surprised I fit everything I REALLY wanted in.
Show
Deceiver Exarch is super insane.

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

A creative hub for art and all things Magical, Dungeony, and Dragony!

Feel free to copy this into your sig, adding one to the generation number.

Generation=0

aww, i was hoping ingestor as a pod target would stay super secret tech.
------------------------------------------------------------- Decks that I play Legacy- Ravager Affinity Modern- Standard- RWU Flicker EDH/Commander -RWU Numot
Have you test this deck yet? I'm curious how this run
Sign In to post comments