2x Gitaxian Probe

Artifacts (4)
4x Mirror of Fate

Lands (22)
4x Hinterland Harbor
9x Forest
9x Island

Positives
Fauna Shaman can tutor for everything I need: Plaxmanta for protection, Birds of Paradise for mana, Laboratory Maniac for half of the win, Leveler for the other half, and Tree of Redemption to delay faster decks. This deck can get a turn five win a decent amount of the time and its pretty hard to stop when I have enough cards to protect my Maniac. And even if my opponent does manage to kill my maniac in response to me exiling my library I can always Noxious Revival it back to the top of my 0 card deck.

Negatives
I don't really have much I want to pitch with Fauna Shaman. I added in 3 Fatestitchers so I could potentially use Fauna Shamans ability twice in one turn, but they don't really work that great. I would really appreciate some ideas for creatures that want to be discarded. Also alot of the time Mirror of Fate and Leveler are dead draws. That's six cards in my deck that literally do nothing without Laboratory Maniac already in play. I don't think theres anything I can do about that though.

Anyways what do you all think? Good? Bad? Awful? Suggestions?
Interesting idea.

I actually like the Leveler/Maniac combo but Fauna Shaman will get annihilated by zoo decks. I have something else to propose: Why don't you use 4 Birthing Pods and 4 Chord of Callings instead? More creatures fetching engines, they can lead you to your combo more easily since the creatures will directly enter the battlefield and you can also use a toolbox of creatures for various occasions, pretty much like the Melira/Pod deck. To sum up, my list would look like something like this:

Lands (22)

4 Misty Rainforest
4 Breeding Pool
4 Hinterland Harbor
10 Basic lands (or probably even more fetchlands, or adding one extra color if needed for your toolbox creatures, I would probably go with white or black)

Creature-fetching Engine (10)

4 Birthing Pod
4 Chord of Calling
2 Fauna Shaman

Mana-producing Creatures (9)

4 Birds of Paradise
1 Noble Hierarch
4 Wall of Roots

Combo (6 probably) (you can add additional combos with creatures as the Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker/Deceiver Exarch one - I really want to have additional winning conditions)

3 Laboratory Maniac
3 Leveler

Toolbox Creatures (13)

Creatures with activated abilities and "enters the battlefield/dies" triggered abilities are best I believe. You can also pack artifact destruction. For example, Qasali Pridemage or Obstinate Baloth could be good. Make sure each one of them is a 1-of.
I personally want to try Laboratory Maniac with Selective Memory and Treasure Hunt supported by a BBS-style suite of countermagic, card draw, and Leyline of Anticipation.

Somethign I've actually been looking at is Pod with Necrotic Ooze and Civilized Scholar Sure, this build might have to be entirely creatures so you can keep the combo going, but seems pretty fun to me.
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.