cant get the character builder to print

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
here is all it looks like.  Any ideas why when I try to print this is all I get?  I have tried the green print button when look at my "sheet" and I have tried a print preview before.

please advise, never had this problems before.

Steve

well when I put the screen shot in it is there, but when I hit reply it goes away

kind of new to posting an image on a forum so Ill have to try and figure it out

sorry.

steve
Please, please, please stop printing from the Character Builder.  Silverlight 4 has no native print support so you are trying to print one giant image file.

Install PDFCreator and in their settings set it to print at  150 DPI.  This will allow you to save the character as a PDF and then print them from the pdf.
I've been trying to Print to PDF on a Mac, and when I try to open the pdf it tells me that the file is empty.

Using Mac OSx - can anyone help me?
I've been trying to Print to PDF on a Mac, and when I try to open the pdf it tells me that the file is empty.

Using Mac OSx - can anyone help me?

Read what the previous poster actually said.
When printing to PDF, the really important thing is to set the DPI to a low enough level. If it's too high, silverlight will take too long sending the image and the PDF printer will time out. That's probably what's happened. Most people find that 150dpi gets the job done quickly, will not out, and is still very readable. Some people have had success with up to 300dpi, but I find it times out more often than not.

CutePDF is another one that people like. There's lots of others out there, just type "PDF printer" into google and see all the options.
This may help me some, as well. Whenever I print a character sheet it sends each page as a single print job. At least it prints, but it takes FOREVERER.
Sign In to post comments