Suicide Goblins

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Something I thought up, need some feedback before I aquire cards.

Lands 

20 mountain
3 Ghost Quarter

Creatures

4 Goblin Arsonist
4 Goblin Wardriver
4 Spikeshot Elder
4 Goblin Chieftain

Spells
4 Goblin Grenade
4 Brimstone Volley
4 Incinerate
4 Shock
2 Artillerize
3 Shrine of Burning Rage

I don't usually play goblins but it seems like a cheap deck that I could put together. Haven't come up with a sideboard but I want to make sure the main is right first. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Looks fun! I would consider fireballs or devil's play. With so many low cost stuff, a way to use that unused mana later in the game would be helpful. 

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isgreen.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/04/20
I don't really like the ghost quarters in this deck. and 23 lands kinda seems like too much anyway. I would suggest to move the ghost quarters to your sideboard so you can add them in against people using the utility lands or inkmoths and in the main deck probably add a 4th shrine and I dunno maybe a couple stormblood berserkers.
Thanks for the replies:

@Warrior That sounds like a good idea devil's play seems good.

@lporiginal Yeah the only reason I have 23 lands is because I have Ghost Quarter's main but you could be right going to 22 lands and then sideboarding the Ghost Quarter should be fine. The only problem with the beserkers is that it doesn't turn on the grenades. 

Also what about Chandra, the Firebrand or is that to greedy?
tezzeret's gmabit you want to draw cards. 
My life as a pigeon.
It was a direct statement. I didn't know that addressing you directly would have that effect on you. Please forgive me lil' lady. I might be an outlaw, but I'm a gentleman first; and your respect is very important to me.
>mfw
Chandra, The Firebrand Would turn out very well, allowing you to switch out those ghost quarters. Copying a couple of Goblin Grenades would be pretty handy aswell as the fireballs if you decide to throw them in. And her ultimate is a handy board cleaner ^^ 
My Decks; Green/White Golem - SE Black Infect - SE Red Goblins- E White Human - SE White Myr - SE Black/Red Bloodthirst Sheoldred - SE [S = Standard Ready ] [E = Extended Ready ]
-3 Ghost Quarter
-2 Artilerize
-3 Shrine of Burning Rage

+4 Gitaxan Probe
+4 Blood Ogre

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Just got home from work and am excited about trying this deck out. Thank you everyone for the replies.

Gitaxian Probe seems awesome I'll probably throw that in the sideboard and Gambit's good too.

Couple questions about Chandra. If I copy a grenade would I have to sacrifice an additional goblin also does fireball/devil's play copy or would I have to still pay mana into the copy. The nut play turn five seems like probe, Chandra's second ability, Grenade, Brimstone Volley.

MWAHAHAHA!

anyway I'll work on this and hammer out a final list thanks guys I'll ley you know how I do. 
Couple questions about Chandra. If I copy a grenade would I have to sacrifice an additional goblin also does fireball/devil's play copy or would I have to still pay mana into the copy. The nut play turn five seems like probe, Chandra's second ability, Grenade, Brimstone Volley.

forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t...

Nope.  You are copying the first spell, including all the other costs, so only one dead goblin is needed to fuel it.  And X is whatever the first X is.

Sign In to post comments