Conversions

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey, I only recently got involved in 4e (I was one of the ones who said "why change something that works?" but some of my friends convinced me to give it a try and I enjoyed it.) but I would like to convert one of my old home-brew races into 4e so I can try playing it in this new setting.

However, as I am still very new to this edition, I don't really know what I'm doing.
So I was wondering if anyone had any advise about how to go about it or where I could find guidelines to help me.
In all fairness, I'd suggest NOT trying to make a homebrew race especially one that was homebrewed of an old system.  At least not until you've gotten experience with 4e so you get the feel for the classes, races, etc.  Not trying to be mean, just an honest suggestion.  If you haven't really played the game play it by the rules first before doing homebrewed stuff.

There aren't really guidelines to making a homebrewed race exactly.  Other than basically all races have an encounter racial ability that more often then not should be able to be used by ranged or melee characters.  Now I personally have no issue with a race that leans more toward one or the other in their racial features...but that's neither here nor there.

If you are set on taking your homebrewed race and making it 4e compatible though the only real way we of the forums can help you is if you tell us what your race is about.  Give us the background, maybe briefly describe some of the abilities the race got, that sorta thing so then we can help you.  Also, the best thing to do is read over the other races that already exist that'll give you an idea how they're structured and help you look over your own race and determine how best to fit it in the 4e design.   
First as pointed, getting well aquinted and familiar to the rules, for the numeric adaptations. But some fluff stuff may be easy to do though, like Gods.
I don't post here as uch as I used to, but I do a whole lot of converting. I am happy to post links to my stuff if anyone has any requests.

Also, this wiki has a fair bit of stuff, and could always use more contributors.

http://community.wizards.com/communitymonsters

EDIT: Woops.. wrong thread Embarassed 
If you have any 4E conceptual issues or rules that you would like help with feel free to PM me. Roleplaying since 88! Guide To Dealing With Problematic Posters
I don't post here as uch as I used to, but I do a whole lot of converting. I am happy to post links to my stuff if anyone has any requests.

Also, this wiki has a fair bit of stuff, and could always use more contributors.

http://community.wizards.com/communitymonsters

EDIT: Woops.. wrong thread  

It can be usefull to him, in anyway. ;)