Back from the Brink and Rooftop Storm

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello! I'm making my first deck using the new Innistrad cards, and I'm pretty excited about the potential for this combo. I just want to make sure it actually works...

If I have both a Rooftop Storm and Back from the Brink in play, does that mean that I can exile all zombie cards from my graveyard to produce a token copy of them for 0 mana?

In addition to this, with the skaab creatures, can I exile and create a copy of them without paying their additional costs?

Examples would be Skaab Ruinator and Skaab Goliath.

This section from the FAQ seems to say that this is possible:
Back from the Brink
{4}{U}{U}
Enchantment
Exile a creature card from your graveyard and pay its mana cost: Put a  token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that card. Activate this  ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.

* Although you're paying the card's mana cost, you aren't casting that  card. Abilities that reduce the cost to cast a creature spell won't  apply, and additional costs to cast that creature can't be paid. If the  card has an ability that allows another cost to be paid "rather than its  mana cost," that alternative cost can be paid. Other alternative costs  that affect what it costs to cast a creature spell, such as evoke,  can't.

Thanks!
Rooftop Storm and Back from the Brink don't interact.

With Brink you are not casting any Zombie spells, you are activating an ability on an enchantment. (so you would still have to pay)

For the Skaab's, if you are using the Brink's ability to get them into play you do not have to pay their additional costs.  (your not casting them)
MTG Rules Advisor
Sign In to post comments