10/06/2011 FtL: "There Wolf"

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.

I'm loving the Young Frankenstein reference.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

I like the Repeal art. Repeal 
;P Wonder who that is LOL ( This is from the original article, I did NOT edit this photo)
i understand wanting to give red werewolves their fair share of the spotlight, but i think arcane laboratory would be better suited for green werewolves so you have access to moonmist.  the laboratory will mean your hands won't empty out very fast and will give your opponent  more chances to cast one spell on the turns he needs to to keep your wolves from transforming.

ludevic's test subject seems like a good mana-sink for werewolf decks with islands, too.  even though it isn't a werewolf, it's a reasonable threat that will draw out removal while minimizing your own need to cast spells.
I hope they make a Legendary werewolf in this block.  Vampires, Spirits and Zombies all got their own multicolored "boss" in this set.  The only restriction to making a legendary werewolf is that both sides of the card would have to have the exact same name (to prevent you from theoretically having two on the board at once in different forms), but that doesn't seem like a good reason not to do it.
arcane laboratory would not stop them casting a instant speed speel on your turn if you also cast something.. But it still looks like a fun idea
Mindwrack Liege would be good in a u/r or mono red werewolf deck, increases the price of most of your werewolves but lets you get them into play without casting them, also lets you drop them at the end of your opponents turn so they transform sooner, and the +1/+1 isn't bad either.
arcane laboratory would not stop them casting a instant speed speel on your turn if you also cast something.. But it still looks like a fun idea

Werewolves only transform back if the same player casts two spells in one turn. You and your opponent each casting one spell in a turn wouldn't turn them human.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)

Werewolves only transform back if the same player casts two spells in one turn. You and your opponent each casting one spell in a turn wouldn't turn them human.

It's funny how some people still don't understand that.  I had an opponent have that confusion last night.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
The Arcane Laboratory deck seems extremely clunky.  Your opponent is likely to benefit from Skyscribing far more than you will.  There are only four instants in the entire deck, so you're drawing lots of cards you'll never play.
When you play a werewolf later in the game, you can count on it not transforming on your opponent's turn, because he'll always have a spell to cast; you'll have to not cast any spells on your own turns (so why bother drawing a bunch of cards?) and hope your opponent doesn't have any instants (so why have your opponent draw a bunch of cards?).
The deck needs things to do with mana and cards that don't involve casting spells.  Ghost-Lit Raider could be good here.

I like the Repeal art. Repeal 
;P Wonder who that is LOL ( This is from the original article, I did NOT edit this photo)

Shaun of the Dead - "You've got some red on you" is a quote from the movie.
Sign In to post comments