Innistrad Live Chat with Mark Rosewater, Erik Lauer, & Brady Dommermuth 10/5 2:00pm PDT

95 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello everyone! On Wednesday 10/5 we will be having an Innistrad Live Chat right here on the site with Mark Rosewater (design lead), Erik Lauer (development lead), and Brady Dommermuth (creative lead)!

Got a question but can't make the chat? Ask them here! Keep in mind that these questions should be based around the design and development around this set. I'll pull out some questions and ask them during the live chat tomorrow!

If you want to be part of the live chat you can join us here tomorrow afteroon!  community.wizards.com/go/chat/3
Michael Robles Community Manager Wizards of the Coast Twitter: @michaelrobles
My questions are: 

Are there any Innistrad-heavy decks that you think will become a dominant force in Standard, based on your playtesting?

How much of the design process is devoted to making a new set able to integrate into the Standard tournament environment?

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

My questions are:

Why did WotC within the month of pre-release publicise two different instructions regarding how drafting with double-faced cards should be done ? (the last instruction is called a correction to the previous, but the previous instruction is still out there in the MtG-daily columns).

Outside the mtg-daily columns: does WotC use any additional way to reach pre-release Tournament Organizers in specific with instructions as mentioned above ?

Will we see a third way of how to draft double-faced cards on the Pro Tour ? In Grand Prixes ?
I have one  desing question what I  and my friend are not sure, is Daybreak Ranger girl or boy ? x)
We seemed to cover the Universal Horror Tropes pretty well on this one, including a guest appearance by a few more modern contemporaries. I am going to be thrilled if we sneak in more references to Hitchcock.

I am wondering what compelled design to share Black's Toolbox this time around? Blue picks up Discard and Sacrifice for Effects. White picks up most of the Conditional Removal from the set. Black seems to have gotten very little for the exchange of power, picking up neither counter, card draw, or weenies, or non-creature removal. Do not the intersection of Cultists, Vampires, and Zombies get some kind of common game advantage that the other colors stole from it?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
My question:  Why did the design team decide to let each side of a double sided card be a different color?  It complicates the rules, and requires tweaking the card layout, so why do something so odd?  Is it purely a flavor decision, or is there yet-unseen design space that makes the color-change of Cloistered Youth or Civilized Scholar affect gameplay in more interesting ways?
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Question: Why are the power/toughness indicators for flip cards (above the regular power/toughness box) only on the unflipped half?
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Q: Why didn't you reprint headless horseman?
My question:  Why did the design team decide to let each side of a double sided card be a different color?  It complicates the rules, and requires extra space on the card layout, so why do something so odd?  Is it purely a flavor decision, or is there yet-unseen design space that makes the color-change of Cloistered Youth or Civilized Scholar affect gameplay in more interesting ways?

Extra space? How so?

Q: Why didn't you reprint headless horseman?

They answered that in an article already.  A 3 mana 2/2 isn't very appealing, despite its name.

My only question is. Why are there so few horrors in a horror theme set (there are exactly 4)

Would you actually pay 3 CMC for a Bear nowdays?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000)
With so many great group-type creatures in this block (Mobs of humans, packs of wolves, cults of worshippers, covens of vampires, and hordes of zombies), why was Banding not considered for this block?  I miss PikemenSmile

Banding seems like a perfect fit, as there could be heroic martyrs, those left for (un)dead, thinning of the packs, and dutiful initiates that would add to the fun and interaction of the game... It seems especially important that the humans "Band" together if they are to have a chance against so many perils.

Also, what's up with Morbid? Almost every other mechanic is a constant (Flashback, Rebound, Trample, Banding, First Strike, Bloodthirst, Flying), we get that Morbid means when something dies, but each card's Morbid ability is completely different. Some activate upon casting (Brimstone Volley) or when entering the battlefield (Morkrut Banshee), others activate at end steps Reaper from the Abyss or any old time they please (Skirsdag High Priest).  With so many different variations, why waste the space on the card with a Mechanic name? I.e. Lumberknot seems like it should say Morbid, but doesn't, and looks/works just fine.

Thanks and great job with the first set. It looks like it will be a fun block!

My personal question is why are there so many similarities between Asha and Avacyn? Is it just a coincidence that they are both angels who protected a small portion of the planes population, and that they both disappeared right before the events in the Planes that we see? Or is there something else going on(Note that both of their names start with A).

Thank you for Reading

It's the best vanilla in the entire game.

MaRo: have you considered using Double-Faced Cards to bring back Licids? ;)

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

My question:  Why did the design team decide to let each side of a double sided card be a different color?  It complicates the rules, and requires extra space on the card layout, so why do something so odd?  Is it purely a flavor decision, or is there yet-unseen design space that makes the color-change of Cloistered Youth or Civilized Scholar affect gameplay in more interesting ways?

Extra space? How so?

Not a lot of extra space obviously, just a tiny circle, but enough to affect the card layout.  Maybe I should clarify that.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
My personal question is why are there so many similarities between Asha and Avacyn? Is it just a coincidence that they are both angels who protected a small portion of the planes population, and that they both disappeared right before the events in the Planes that we see? Or is there something else going on(Note that both of their names start with A). Thank you for Reading

Wait, do you mean  Eesha? As in commander Eesha? As I remember, she was the only order leader to survive. Pianna got killed and so did Kirtar. (Asha didn't produce any results in gatherer). The order was mostly humans and Avens, about half and half. Unless there's a story character named Asha that I don't know about.

Not a lot of extra space obviously, just a tiny circle, but enough to affect the card layout.  Maybe I should clarify that.

To be fair, it appears even on cards where both sides are the same color. It's there because that half of the cards have no cost, so it would be there no matter what.
My personal question is why are there so many similarities between Asha and Avacyn? Is it just a coincidence that they are both angels who protected a small portion of the planes population, and that they both disappeared right before the events in the Planes that we see? Or is there something else going on(Note that both of their names start with A). Thank you for Reading

Wait, do you mean  Eesha? As in commander Eesha? As I remember, she was the only order leader to survive. Pianna got killed and so did Kirtar. (Asha didn't produce any results in gatherer).

I think Asha is in the books, and there's at least one card that referrs to her:
Asha's Favor

Question: Why didn't you make a version of headless horseman that fits today's power level for creatures? It could be easily done by giving him a name or just an adjective so that the fact of the name already being "taken" wouldn't be an issue, and the flavor of a headless horseman is essential for the setting of Innistrad in my opinion.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!

@Vektor4380: or they could've just used headless horseman again to (finally) scale back the power level to an appropriate place :P

My question: Why do you include only one returning mechanic per set? Wouldn't it be easier to use old mechanics whenever the flavour calls for it?

@NeoMint3: Don't get me wrong, I'm not against it, but MaRo said himself the horseman got cut because it didn't fit today's power level (see walking corpse), so I had to adapt my question. If they did reprint the original, I'd totally get as many copies of it as I could, since it's my favorite vanilla ever.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
My few questions:

Humans, zombies, vampires and werewolves definitely hog the spotlight, but there seem to be a few decent spirits in Innistrad.  Will the other two sets of the block make spirits a more formidable option?

Is there any kind of Baron Sengir connection within Innistrad (the plane), and if not, are you kicking yourself right now because I've just blown your mind with how awesome that could have been?

Who named Angel of Flight Alabaster?  I feels a bit clunky or nonsensical.  Am I just missing something?

P.S.  I'm in love with this set.  A+

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

So far, with respect to limited, I've really enjoyed the set. It in many ways reminds me of Urza Block. Curious about the group's thoughts on the meta in the future. Is there other things we might expect to see or do I just need to get play sets of Liliana and Snapcaster and wait it out.
what do i do with my tempered steel?!?!?!?!
Cry

also
what is your favorite card from innistrad in terms of flavor and then playability
This isn't really about design or development, but I really want to know the story behind the art on Olivia Voldaren.
Question;

Was Army of the Damned meant to be flavorful, or just to be extremely hilarious to play? 
Why does Blue gets creatures as big at common?

There seems to be many slightly diferents triggers "a creature dies", " a creature you control dies", "a human dies", "a human you controls dies", etc Wherent you concert about that?

What new horror creatures can we expect in nest two sets?  Headless horsema? Phantom of the Opera? Any regional monster?

Arent you worried about Mythic been too good? As in Army of the Dammed costing 9 instead of 8 for Limited reason? 
Question:

Will there be any more Lovecraftian refrences in the upcoming sets? I love Grimoire of the Dead and hope we'll see more of his creations as cards.
___ / \ YUM YUM | Oo | ../\ / / | | \ Cthulu Cookies - Blasphemy in every Bite!
2 questions, one fun and one not-so-fun.

1) How many iterations of Tiago did you all go through before you finally agreed on Snapcaster?

2) It seems that the rules about double-faced cards are a little inconsistent, sometimes treating them as individual identities (Sever the Bloodline, etc), sometimes treating them as the same (Nevermore). How did these rules come about and is there any consideration to streamlining the mechanic at all? 
I've got two questions (if you need them fast, go to the bottom of this post):

Obviously this set's all about flavor.  I personally was (and am!) super excited about the whole thing, especially the return of zombies and the demon subtheme (I have decks for both creature types..) and so I paid special attention to those.  As I watched the spoilers, I was super excited to get ghoulcaller's chant and bloodgift demon and many other cards... And then it hit me.  "What happened!?"

Demons are supposedly unkillable manifestations of dark energy.  When killed, they leave for a little while, then appear again somewhere else to cause more havoc.  Black zombies are brought back from the grave en masse by ghoulcallers and Blue zombies are pieced together by mad stitchers to create monstrous destruction machines. 

^THAT'S AWESOME! But... Where's the demon that doesn't seem to die?  Where are the ghoulcallers? The stitchers?! You've got the ghoul callers chanting, ringing bells, and a zombie that seems to be raising his friends.  You've got an apprentice that can't seem to keep his friends around.  And you've got demons that completely destroy everything... except a Go for the Throat. 

So my questions are:

1.  Are the ghoulcallers/stitchers coming? I'm excited and waiting with baited breathe to see (I certainly hope I see Gisa and Geralf! Legends?! Ehh?)

2. Are there demons that are difficult to kill coming?  Obviously the current ones are awesome and flavorful (in the "I'm a demon, I kill stuff" way), but they seem to bypass the whole "I never REALLY go away" thing.
@RxPhantom, Angel of Flight Alabaster pretty much means angel of the white flight, which kind of fits with the spirits shes bringing back, just like Alabster Mage means White Mage, alabaster is just a synonym for white

@Xilinoc I'm pretty sure that Army of the Damned is meant to reference of Army of Darkness, and has a partner in Grimoir of the Dead thats references the same
Hello my questions are 1)  Will the Mythic werewolf coming up in Dark Asension be any of the the alpha pack leaders talked about in Planeswalker's Guide to Innistrad: Kessig and Werewolves or will it be none of them and just some random named one?
2)You all put so much work in to the werewolf story part and the differnt howlpacks. Will we get cards that have the leaders of the differnt howlpacks?(Also thank you for making the werewolves of this block so flavorfully and creative)
3) Is Howlpack Alpha the alpha Tovalos of the Mondronen howlpack?
How do you balance a set that has planeswalkers and splashy legendary creatures in some colors and not others?
In the past it's been said that you try to make it so that despite their differences, different blocks play well together. However, jumping from Mirrodin into Innistrad really feels like there's very little between the two sets that are meant to work together and feels more like both sets are just kind of staring at each other from different sides of a line drawn in the sand. Is there something I'm missing ? Or is this kind of a side effect of creating these flavor-themed blocks that Maro was talking about a few weeks back ?

My question is based on my concern for the werewolf tribe in Innistrad. outside of limited, i've seen a lot of problems with running a werewolf deck at the moment. one thing i've found that's really pushing me away from the tribe is the fact their flipped side having no mana cost. this wouldn't normally be an issue, but i've tested the deck against cards that target vs CMC; example being ratchet bomb; a number of times, and if it hit's the field my wolves are toast. 

so my question is Was the flip side of werewolves having no casting cost a planned part of the design of the set? if not, has there been any thought about changing this to help the werewolf tribe's survivability? 

Will the rest of the block just riff off the same horror tropes introduced in Innistrad, or will there be some new, as yet unseen horror tropes to be found later in the block?

Will we see some auqatic horror?

Finally, although I know they can't really give anything away about Dark Ascension yet, can we have just a tiny hint about what MaRo meant when he said that if you like Village Cannibals you'll like Dark Ascension?

It doesn't matter whether we'd actually pay it. It's the HEADLESS HORSEMAN. It's one of the most recognizable characters from the era of horror that Innistrad (supposedly) riffs on.

IMAGE(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh144/jscohen/yunoinnistrad.png)  
Why is the chat scheduled before releasing the product online? Not everyone has had a chance to play yet. It bums me out every time there is some new way that those who play online only are excluded or disregarded.
Will we be seeing moreof these double-faced cards in the upcoming Dark Ascension?

Also is there any chance of seeing Nightmare make a cameo? It fits so well in the current themes of Innistrad.
Why are goblins mentioned in the flavour text of Pitchburner Devils when Innistrad is a goblin free zone?

Why does Manor Skeleton have haste?
I know (or I'm most sure) that the rarities are for limited play, but things get out of control when cards like Snapcaster Mage is a $25 being rare that could break $60 if it were mythic (like Liliana who's already over $60). It isn't possible to have boosters for constructed play? (I mean: boosters with only rares, only uncommons)(ok, or prices a little up, or n° of cards down, still it would be nice)

Why do you call white the "good" color and the others are all "evil"(in Innistrad of course)?  I know it sures looks like as we are all humans, but it's not like vampires or zombies are evil, they are only trying to survive, eg: for a vampire we are (like the Stromkirk Noble said on Mike Flores preview) beefs... they not evil, they just on another plane of existence: we>cattle, vampires>humans.
This leads to the question:  do you plan sets by doing a good and a evil side? As in Scars of Mirrodin the phyrexians (I think the bad guys) win over the mirran (the good guys) how do you choose a side to survive or to win? The creatures of Innistrad will struggle on a war were only some of the tribes will survive?

Why only white so far have slayers (dudes like Elite Inquisitor)? Will white have more?
Why was the design for spirits so lacking compared to the other 4 tribes?  The lack of interaction, the failure to follow horror movie tropes, and so on, they feel like "white and blue need some flyers, that'll be spirits" rather than any sort of top down design.  And will the next two sets address this issue, giving spirits the same love and care the other tribes have gotten?