Get a Monster Generating Excel File Here!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello DMs!!!

I am a DM for many groups and found myself having to remake a lot of monsters, usually due to level but also because of roles. I also always make my own BBEGs for my big final battles. After a while using the formulas for a while I thought to myself "why not make an excel file that calculates all these things for me". I have now been improving the my file on-and-off for over a year now and would love to share it with you.

It's a basic .xls file that calculates a ton of stuff, allows you to input your own custom values and even has some important tips on monster-making.
Cosmetically it could be better, and will make it look more "official" in my 2.0 version.... whenever that will be xD

This file is good for:
· Creating monsters ahead of time, such as BBEGs
· Giving you the correct numbers for making up monsters on-the-go. Type in level and role and it gives you all the numbers you need to wing-it like a pro!

My file takes in account:
· Level
· Roles
· Secondary Roles
· Whether the monster is insubstantial or not
· Ability scores (automated and manual generator)
· Specifics of an attack (melee, ranged, multitarget, recharge, encounter etc.)

And based on those things it calculates:
· Hit points
· Defenses
· Attacks vs. AC and NADs
· All the damage values you'll ever need (avarage)
· Passive Perception, Passive Insight, Stealth etc.

Other:
· Has a simple drop-down menus for Primary and Secondary Roles and for selectin Primary, Secondary and Tertiary ability scores for your monsters.
· Easy-to copy format so that you can use the numbers from the excel file and add your BBGEs attacks in a word file.
· Includes comments and guides for monster making.

I just upgraded it and verified that it's numbers are up to date and 100% Wizards official.

AND HERE IT IS:
www.mediafire.com/?xt7m31jeh8e5g56

It is kalled "Skrímslaskapari" which is icelandic for "monstermaker"

Enjoy!

If you make any improvements on the file please share them back to me.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Look at my Playable Illithid, my Monster Generating excel file , my Lifestealer in progresss (Heroic tier almost complete!) , our Improved Orc, our Improving Kenku and our Improving Duergar
Also, take a look at my friend's Improved Minotaur, Gadren's amazing Arcane Archer and of course the Avatar Project
More links! Qube's Block Builder, Classless D&D and the characters I've created using the classless system.
I've heard community.wizards.com is a good place to upload files.
Mediafire.com is a nice hosting site. From what I've seen it has no waiting times, nor deletes your files after a period.
I would be interested in this file, very interested.

I believe 4shared.com lets you upload files as a free user (for small files - like a document). You could try that one.

Just in case I failed to mention; I am playing D&D 3.5e.
Here it is:
www.mediafire.com/?05uxw2q8ks3usvs

I did have a word file which was basically a glossory with all my data and the guidelines for creating monster from the dungeonmaster's guide, but I seem to have lost it.

Enjoy!

If you make any improvements on the file please share them back to me.

Look at my Playable Illithid, my Monster Generating excel file , my Lifestealer in progresss (Heroic tier almost complete!) , our Improved Orc, our Improving Kenku and our Improving Duergar
Also, take a look at my friend's Improved Minotaur, Gadren's amazing Arcane Archer and of course the Avatar Project
More links! Qube's Block Builder, Classless D&D and the characters I've created using the classless system.
Looking good. Thanks.
Just in case I failed to mention; I am playing D&D 3.5e.
I'm having a hard time opening your file, which version of Excel did you use to make it? I am trying to open with excel 2000.
Seems to me that you are eleven years behind. Want me to make a 2k version for ya?

If you could, that would be great. Thanks.
.xls version has been uploaded and included in post #1

NEW AND IMPROVED
(how can it be new AND improved?)

Just uploaded a new version!
I cleaned it up a bit, fixed the damage values and even added a few comments and guides for monster making!
I added a new sample monster, made in 20 minutes and named after myself xD 

It's in the #1 post but also here:
www.mediafire.com/?xt7m31jeh8e5g56