10/4/2011 LI: "Howling at the Moon"

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Limited Information, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Yeah Werewolfs are better for both limited and constructed that I initially expected.  I thought they were clunky at first but some of them are actually good.  Instigator Gang is actually pretty good as a 5/5 for 4, assuming you can flip it, has always been above curve.  The attack bonus is also insane.  Mayor of Avabruck is also very efficient.  Full Moon's Rise can be a blowout in limited if you have sufficient werewolfs and all the werewolfs are at least decent in limited if you can flip them.   
I've had a little experience with Innistrad limited now, and it turns out that defending against Werewolves is a steep uphill battle. If you hoard your cheap spells you may be able to pacify them for one turn, only to watch them go loop again the very next turn for the rest of the game.

Good ol' spot removal looks like the best answer, other than running with the pack for yourself.