10/4/2011 SF: "This Is Madness!"

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Looks like the "Blue Moon Rises" decklist didn't get uploaded to this page correctly; right now it's a copy of the one before it.
I hear Skinrender is a pretty good Zombie and doesn't afraid of anything.
I'll give the man credit for having enough audacity to pull this dollop of wacky-sauce off.  A bit more cornball than my preferred brand of guano-insanity, but it's not Thursday yet so I'll have to take what I can get until Chef Noel is in the House of Cards (shut up that will always be its name).
My New Phyrexia Writing Credits My M12 Writing Credits
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi
I love both the werewolf decks. I find both the zombie decks boring, but I think the Glissa reanimation shenanigans are marginally less boring.

Having no decklist for the second werewolf deck makes it hard to pick it for the poll.  However, I can tell enough that I would still rather play with the first one as it is a much more aggressive strategy.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
What the hell? Glissa can only bring back artifacts - there are three targets for her: The Wurmcoil Engine (which does nothing if its in your yard or hand except to just sit there - if we want hand recursion for liliana, why not go with Squee?) and the Book. If teh book of Dead has been activated, you should be winning (ie, not needing to recur it).

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but as far as I can see, there is no reason for Glissa to be in that deck.
[c]Forest[/c] gives you Forest
Sealab 2021 anyone???  Very nice. Awooooooooooooooo 
Looks like the "Blue Moon Rises" decklist didn't get uploaded to this page correctly; right now it's a copy of the one before it.

Sorry about that! The correct decklist is now in place.
Madness? This IS SPARTA!!!

Had to be done.
I don't claim to know a lot about Magic, but I don't think Blue Moon Rises is a Standard format deck as is indicated by the deck list box. I looked at some of the cards in the list and Gatherer told me they were not Standard legal.

The Analytical Engine has no pretensions whatever to originate anything. It can do whatever we know how to order it to perform.

I don't claim to know a lot about Magic, but I don't think Blue Moon Rises is a Standard format deck as is indicated by the deck list box. I looked at some of the cards in the list and Gatherer told me they were not Standard legal.

You are correct that several of the cards in the Blue Moon Rises aren't standard legal.  However, I went through this article and the article from two weeks ago and there is no mention that they had to be standard legal.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
You are correct that several of the cards in the Blue Moon Rises aren't standard legal.  However, I went through this article and the article from two weeks ago and there is no mention that they had to be standard legal.

I was just confused because the deck list frame thing says they are Standard. I didn't see any other mention of format, so that's all I had to go by. I don't know how those frames work, but maybe there's a variable you can set when making that nice deck list frame to specify format.

The Analytical Engine has no pretensions whatever to originate anything. It can do whatever we know how to order it to perform.