Frustration with with joining Multiplayer Matches

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

I have noticed that lately it has been very painful to join multiplayer matches. I am not talking about bugs or lags but the community itself. I have broken it down to three types when joining or hosting a match.

The Forgetful Player

This player sets up a game and all ready to host a match. Then they decide they have something more important to do, such as laundry. So, they leave the game running in the background never to start the match, after everyone else has readied up. While you doing whatever, we are staying into the abyss.

The I Can’t Wait Player

This player you will see more often in two headed giant and archenemy. This person will enter a match and wait with the rest of for the last player to join. Then they will receive a telepathic transmission that the last player who has been waiting for is finally joining. Then they will leave and we wait again. Don’t be surprised if the next person is all an “I Can’t Wait Player.

The Take Forever to Pick my Deck Player

This person will take their sweat time trying to pick their deck. While the rest of us are ready, this person believes that they are special and needs to pick the perfect deck. This is very frustrating when you have the “I Can’t Wait Player”, or the host who now is the “Forgetful Player” because they get tired of waiting.

hehe I tend to agree to playertype 1+2
but there is no way I can say that I've ever encountered playertype 3, apart from that on ps3 you don't see the chosen deck at all (therefore you can't say if this guy is scrolling through the whole decklist or just fell asleep before readying)
I only play 1 vs 1, but it's infuriating, when I join a game, and the guy is just sitting there not starting it.  I understand you have to go to the bathroom, or whatever, but for god's sake, switch the room to 'private' when you do, so 20 other people don't have to waste their time going in and staring at your dumb red light...

And why is there even an option for AI Takeover in 1 vs 1, is completely beyond my understanding.  Whenever I see a room with that checked, I automatically know the player will have 78 cards in his hand, complete with 3 lifegain artifacts.
I actually believe there are bugs involved with readying up.

I frequently host matches and am ready; my opponent isn't ready and leaves after a while of waiting. So I assume that the opponent sees me as red eventhough I'm actually ready.

Sometimes I can't get my status to ready immediately which strengthens my belief that there is something wrong sometimes.

Overall the networking seems to be not good at all. Joining is painful and hosting isn't that much better (since many people have trouble to even join a game). The '09 version wasn't particularly good but after going back to it I think 2012 is even worse.

I can't understand why this products' quality is so low. Community wise this is probably one of the most active games out there. It deserves better...
In 2HG you get the "Will not play local players" type. The second they see two players enter the room at the same time they are out of there. I get this about 50% of the time with 2HG.

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

I frequently host matches and am ready; my opponent isn't ready and leaves after a while of waiting. So I assume that the opponent sees me as red eventhough I'm actually ready.

Sometimes I can't get my status to ready immediately which strengthens my belief that there is something wrong sometimes.

Overall the networking seems to be not good at all. Joining is painful and hosting isn't that much better (since many people have trouble to even join a game). The '09 version wasn't particularly good but after going back to it I think 2012 is even worse.

I can't understand why this products' quality is so low. Community wise this is probably one of the most active games out there. It deserves better...

I agree DoP 2009 got to a stable point, where bugs were very few and I never had to wait to get matches.
In 2HG you get the "Will not play local players" type. The second they see two players enter the room at the same time they are out of there. I get this about 50% of the time with 2HG.

This is because, most of the time, those two players are actually just one "I can't handle ever not having a distinct advantage over my opponent" player. These people will play against two random (often non-verbal) opponents in 2HG, using two controllers with decks they have both edited and selected to work as optimally together as possible.

It is definitely this way on the PSN, and I can safely say that I have stopped playing 2HG against "two" localized opponents, among other such people who reveal telltale signs of being rank *bleep*s.

I can confirm this does happen.   I play the odd game with or against friends who I am talking with on Skype and I'll be hosting and they'll show red and when I tell them to hit "ready" they tell me they already have and that it shows green for them.   It definitely occasionally shows a red light to one party and green to the other leading to some frustration.
I think sometimes the :

I'm not putting up with this situation player might be getting confused with the I can't wait player. For I have left many a 2hg match for certain things that I don't like. ie.. my partner constantly changing to the deck I am on or, recently, I just won't play with a Kiora deck as my partner and some days if I join and it's hosted by someone with a local teammate It's just like Mr. Ridiculous said: more often than not it is some tool playing both decks and over half the time double decking on top of that and I don't want to put up with that either. This is a game on my playstation, I want to have fun so I will look around for a game with a situation that I don't hate right from the start screen.
Sign In to post comments